• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robots to fight in Iraq

½ Sane

"I'm a mess"
huajiro said:
I love the idea....let's give the insurgents 18 robots as well. Robot wars will replace real ones....one rule, no robot can kill a human. Hey.....this is starting to sound like a movie.....yeah, we could have Will Smith star in it.
*Word* You see more and more so called entertainment becoming reality. :rolleyes:

Jensa said:
And they'll still be killed and maimed after the gun on wheels is deployed. There's no way it can replace every soldier.
With all due respect, Jensa, what's your point here? "It's only a good idea if it can replace every soldier" ?

NetDoc-- You're right, this robot thing will just make the fanatical Muslims streaming into Iraq from Iran and Jordan bent on stopping a democratic Iraq from taking shape angrier. Maybe we should send flowers instead.

Ceridwen018

We already have robots in the military. What about the Predator, etc? Also, how is our advanced technology in other areas any different than a robot? It aids in the killing just as much as a soldier does--the difference is that it doesn't get killed itself.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Word Spinkles!!! Let's send em roses so they will get wounded by the thorns! That'll teach em a lesson! :D

As for stopping a "democratic Iraq", somehow I don't think they see their struggle in that light. Right or wrong, they truly see themselves as Freedom Fighting Patriots in a war against the American RedCoats. Unfortunately, they do not have a clear understanding of our benevolent intentions in occupying their country. It's time to bring our kids home.

NetDoc said:
As for stopping a "democratic Iraq", somehow I don't think they see their struggle in that light.
Actually NetDoc, that's pretty much the intention of many of the insurgents. They probably do see fighting democracy and secularism as a good thing, I agree with you there--but that's definitely their goal. Most Iraqis are not insurgents, however (in fact many of the insurgents are not even from Iraq) and most Iraqis favor democracy.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I agree with you there... many extreemists are seeing this as sort of a "Custer's Last Stand" in the middle East. I just hope we don't play the role of Custer yet again.

Even though it appears to concentrate terrorists and possible terrorists so we can deal with them en masse and on someone else's turf, I honestly believe that the aftermath may very well be our undoing. In this case, I pray that I am being overly pessimistic.

huajiro

Stop and think about it from the standpoint of a video game.....the only way to protect yourself is to destroy everything in sight. The robots can't see every angle, so they will have to go in circles and shoot everything in site, otherwise they will be destroyed in seconds.

I was in the Army.....they taught us that we were expendable....the equipment was not. With this mentality, I am sure that they will just eliminate everyone to try to avoid losing the robots.

They should allow the insurgents to have robots too, leave people out of it.

huajiro

TranceAm said:
You caught on very fast.

Lets take it one step further..
The rich idiotic powerfull can play a networked Command and Conquer game and leave the rest of the word out of their bull****... I think the global masses will leave in peace ever after.
Amen, amen, amen

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There are not too many wars that genuinely benefit the average soldier who fights in those wars.