• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia threatens to turn Kyiv into a "giant melted spot"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is what bullies do especially governments run by bullies. I hope and expect that President Biden has quietly let the warmonger Russians know that turning Kyiv into a "giant melted spot" would be met by the US declaring that it's the equivalent of Russia directly attacking us (Poland etc) and that we would of course turn Moscow into a "giant melted spot" in return.

Russia’s Medvedev threatens to turn Kyiv into ‘giant melted spot’

Moscow on Saturday threatened to reduce Kyiv to a "giant melted spot" if Ukraine is allowed by its allies to use Western long-range missiles to strike targets deep inside Russia.​
The threat by Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, came as the U.S. and the U.K. are deliberating giving Kyiv permission to use Western weapons to attack strategic targets farther into Russian territory.​
Medvedev, who likes to rattle nuclear sabers, said the Kremlin already has "formal" grounds to use nuclear weapons after Ukraine's cross-border incursion into Russia's Kursk region, but could instead utilize newer technologies to create a "giant melted spot" on the site of the Ukrainian capital.​

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I hope and expect that President Biden has quietly let the warmonger Russians know that turning Kyiv into a "giant melted spot" would be met by the US declaring that it's the equivalent of Russia directly attacking us (Poland etc) and that we would of course turn Moscow into a "giant melted spot" in return.
Total insanity. You really want the world to end, don't you? And since when is Ukraine or Poland part of the United States???

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Total insanity. You really want the world to end, don't you? And since when is Ukraine or Poland part of the United States???
The way to prevent that is to stand up to bullies. "MAD" (mutual assured destruction) was the stated policy for quite some time and we're still here. There's no reason to believe it won't work now and every reason to believe that giving in to aggression will lead to more aggression.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The way to prevent that is to stand up to bullies. "MAD" (mutual assured destruction) was the stated policy for quite some time and we're still here. There's no reason to believe it won't work now and every reason to believe that giving in to aggression will lead to more aggression.
Or we could just stop running proxy wars and coups, and only get involved in foreign conflicts that otherwise have nothing to do with us to help with peace negotiations. You cannot keep escalating and escalating things. The Cold War mentality needs to hurry up and die. We almost did end up in a nuclear war more than once during the Cold War (which was not "cold" at all, but mostly fought through proxies. At least 20 million died over it).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Just like pulling out of Afghanistan. Love the logic and irony.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's also time to get out of the private affairs of the Ukraine and Russia. It's the job of the UN now.
Russia's invasion of Ukraine is indeed "private".
This is just as Hitler's invasion of Poland was.
Just let it all play out without aiding anyone, eh.
Ukraine also differs significantly from Afghanistan
in that it's not USA doing the fighting....just USA
sending materiel.

Twilight Hue

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is indeed "private".
This is just as Hitler's invasion of Poland was.
Just let it all play out without aiding anyone, eh.
Ukraine also differs significantly from Afghanistan
in that it's not USA doing the fighting....just USA
sending materiel.
Well I've heard the all the gripes and cries and whining about the us being the worlds policeman, and I sort of agree let the world be on its own for once and let the world be and we just just concentrate on ourselves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well I've heard the all the gripes and cries and whining about the medicine us being the worlds policeman and I sort of agree let me be for once we let the world turn on its own and we just just concentrate on ourselves.
I agree that we shouldn't be the world's policeman.
However, some situations offer high benefit per cost.

Twilight Hue

I agree that we shouldn't be the world's policeman.
However, some situations offer high benefit per cost.
We are simply not going to get anything out of it and all it's doing is draining our resources as well and this is really a European Affair, not a North American affair.

I seriously wonder what the Western European states expected when they continued to threaten the nuclear power Russia with the help of NATO.

NATO: Look, Russia, we have huge arsenals of weapons and we're already practising a bit with them. We call that ‘Defender’. Know that we will not hesitate to use our huge arsenals against you, because you are our enemy!

Russia: Look, NATO, we have weapons too.

NATO: Oops!

:rolleyes:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I seriously wonder what the Western European states expected when they continued to threaten the nuclear power Russia with the help of NATO.

NATO: Look, Russia, we have huge arsenals of weapons and we're already practising a bit with them. We call that ‘Defender’. Know that we will not hesitate to use our huge arsenals against you, because you are our enemy!

Except, of course, that everyone knows that there will be no winner in a nuclear war -- everybody will lose.

When I know that there is a game in which the other side will certainly lose, but that I will also certainly lose, I choose not to play.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

We've all known the risks of mutually assured destruction.

I guess Charlton Heston can pound sand.

7b20adf8-42ac-4087-beab-5f33cd144f34_text.gif

Pogo

4613.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Total insanity is abiding and appeasing tyrants and terrorists. Doing so would set a dangerous and destructive precedent.

What reason do conservatives have for becoming Putin apologists aside from Trump having a taste for his taint?

Ponder This

This is what bullies do especially governments run by bullies. I hope and expect that President Biden has quietly let the warmonger Russians know that turning Kyiv into a "giant melted spot" would be met by the US declaring that it's the equivalent of Russia directly attacking us (Poland etc) and that we would of course turn Moscow into a "giant melted spot" in return.

Russia’s Medvedev threatens to turn Kyiv into ‘giant melted spot’

Moscow on Saturday threatened to reduce Kyiv to a "giant melted spot" if Ukraine is allowed by its allies to use Western long-range missiles to strike targets deep inside Russia.​
The threat by Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, came as the U.S. and the U.K. are deliberating giving Kyiv permission to use Western weapons to attack strategic targets farther into Russian territory.​
Medvedev, who likes to rattle nuclear sabers, said the Kremlin already has "formal" grounds to use nuclear weapons after Ukraine's cross-border incursion into Russia's Kursk region, but could instead utilize newer technologies to create a "giant melted spot" on the site of the Ukrainian capital.​

Not saying Putin wouldn't do it, but am saying that even melting Kyiv cannot win Putin this war. It is a doomed prospect from Day 1 that can only end badly for Russia. He may be able to keep the Russian economy stable, and he may have more Russians that he can send to the front to die than the Ukrainians have, and he may have superior weaponry, but there is nothing good that can come of this for him or for Russia.