• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia threatens to turn Kyiv into a "giant melted spot"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Meanwhile big posters like this, saying Russia is not my enemy appeared in Italy.

Take that, Zelenskyy
images

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anecdotal reference:
I have always been to places filled with bears' dens.
No bear has aver attacked, because I went there with good intentions, with the intentions to pet one big teddy bear.
No bear has ever showed up, actually.

The ones who are attacked by bears is because they go there with evil intentions.

Russia is the bear.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This is what bullies do especially governments run by bullies. I hope and expect that President Biden has quietly let the warmonger Russians know that turning Kyiv into a "giant melted spot" would be met by the US declaring that it's the equivalent of Russia directly attacking us (Poland etc) and that we would of course turn Moscow into a "giant melted spot" in return.

Russia’s Medvedev threatens to turn Kyiv into ‘giant melted spot’

Moscow on Saturday threatened to reduce Kyiv to a "giant melted spot" if Ukraine is allowed by its allies to use Western long-range missiles to strike targets deep inside Russia.​
The threat by Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, came as the U.S. and the U.K. are deliberating giving Kyiv permission to use Western weapons to attack strategic targets farther into Russian territory.​
Medvedev, who likes to rattle nuclear sabers, said the Kremlin already has "formal" grounds to use nuclear weapons after Ukraine's cross-border incursion into Russia's Kursk region, but could instead utilize newer technologies to create a "giant melted spot" on the site of the Ukrainian capital.​
Quite amusing seeing all the bluster and exploding angry faces from many of Putin's coterie, if it wasn't so serious, but threatening to flatten a city which Putin seems to regard as part of Russia can hardly instill confidence in other Russians - but then this does seem 'the Russian Way', rather than the more obvious one of providing inducements as to wanting to be part of Russia. But then there aren't any - as so many seem to realise. If Russia had gone in a different direction after the USSR fell then perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess - but Putin, being the nasty, angry, and bitter little man he is, made sure that didn't happen. :eek:

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Anecdotal reference:
I have always been to places filled with bears' dens.
No bear has aver attacked, because I went there with good intentions, with the intentions to pet one big teddy bear.
No bear has ever showed up, actually.

The ones who are attacked by bears is because they go there with evil intentions.

Russia is the bear.
The children trafficked, tortured, raped, and murdered by Putin's forces weren't in the "bear's den". What evil intentions did they have?

Enough with the disgusting despot fetish. Innocent people have lost their land, liberty, and lives.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And it was a joint venture with Trump starting the process.
Trump campaigned on ending the war.
He had 4 years to do it.
Instead, he wasted many lives & dollars to continue it.
It didn't end until Biden did it, shortly after taking office.
(We should note that Obama was similar...except that he
continued the war for 8 ******* years.)

Trump is full of grandiose plans.
Empty claims all....except for ending abortion rights.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Please, help Zelenskii escape Ukraine...he can find refuge in that Heaven called Caribbean Islands. Tax Haven.

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is what bullies do especially governments run by bullies. I hope and expect that President Biden has quietly let the warmonger Russians know that turning Kyiv into a "giant melted spot" would be met by the US declaring that it's the equivalent of Russia directly attacking us (Poland etc) and that we would of course turn Moscow into a "giant melted spot" in return.

Russia’s Medvedev threatens to turn Kyiv into ‘giant melted spot’

Moscow on Saturday threatened to reduce Kyiv to a "giant melted spot" if Ukraine is allowed by its allies to use Western long-range missiles to strike targets deep inside Russia.​
The threat by Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, came as the U.S. and the U.K. are deliberating giving Kyiv permission to use Western weapons to attack strategic targets farther into Russian territory.​
Medvedev, who likes to rattle nuclear sabers, said the Kremlin already has "formal" grounds to use nuclear weapons after Ukraine's cross-border incursion into Russia's Kursk region, but could instead utilize newer technologies to create a "giant melted spot" on the site of the Ukrainian capital.​
Yeah....
They were going to use nukes if the west send weapons. The west send weapons.
They were going to use nukes if the west send tanks. The west send tanks.
They were going to use nukes if the west sends F16s. The west send F16s.
They were going to use nukes if Russia itself was attacked. Russia itself was attacked.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ukraine turns part of Russia into giant melted spot....
There's an old trope in professional wrestling regarding "table spots", in which a wrestler performs a move that puts the other wrestler through - of course - a table. The trope is that the wrestler who sets up the table (implying that they are going to be the one to put their opponent through it) is almost invariably the wrestler that ends up getting put through the table.

I believe what we're looking at here is a geopolitical case of Russia "setting up the spot", and then being put through the table.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I expect Putin to trip over and land on a magazine's worth of bullets long before Russia launches nukes. The Russian elites and top military brass are not going to allow a nuclear war for the sake of Putin's nostalgic land grab. They may be scared of Putin, but I doubt they're willing to die in a nuclear blast for him.

No rational actor will launch nukes short of an imminent and existential threat. Losing a land war they started is not such a threat especially when they darn well know that the west has no interest in conquering them. (Yet alone attacking them directly).

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The way to prevent that is to stand up to bullies. "MAD" (mutual assured destruction) was the stated policy for quite some time and we're still here. There's no reason to believe it won't work now and every reason to believe that giving in to aggression will lead to more aggression.
Exactly appeasement led to the second world war.
Countries stood back and let it happen.
The USA did not even join in till they were attacked half way through.
Russia will continue attacking countries until they are stopped.
Their invasion of Ukraine is just testing the water, none of the countries on their borders are safe from attack.