• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salaam, Shalom, and Hello :)

PMderry

The Leprechaun
Salaam everyone,

Just wanted to come by and introduce myself. I thought a good way to break the ice (at least for me) is to share some fun facts about ourselves :)

So if everyone who replies could answer the following quesions about themselves:

Eye color: green
Pets and their names: A cat named Sookie Stackcat
Favorite kind of music: Country, folk, and Irish/Scottish
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: Kilts :p
Biggest pet peeve: Indifference to important issues, bad grammar, yelling at kids in public, and PDA.
Why you like interfaith work: I think it is terribly important, in this day and age, to have knowledge of different faiths and to begin building bridges instead of bombing bridges. I find most religions all believe in very similar things and if we focused on our similarities instead of our differences, we'd come to find that most of us agree more than disagree.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Hi, and welcome to the forums. So, now onto the quiz. :p

Eye color: blue
Pets: a cat named Flicker
Favorite kind of music: Heavy metal
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: Hawaiian shirts
Biggest pet peeve: Politics
Why you like interfaith work: I, as a majority of Buddhists do, believe that all religions eventually lead to the same goal. I think that it is important to learn from each other, and to value our differences, knowing that not all people are the same, so there's not just one religion that will fit all people.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Salaam and welcome to the forums. I hope you'll find this place interesting enough to stay. :)

Eye color: Very dark brown; it sometimes appears to be black.
Pets and their names: None. If I could, I'd get a cat, but I'm allergic to them.
Favorite kind of music: No specific kind. It mostly depends on my mood.
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: Wristbands.
Biggest pet peeve: Careless spelling, grammar, and punctuation from a person that you know can do better, but is just too lazy to care.
Why you like interfaith work: I think that diversity helps breed tolerance — religion is no different in this case. Understanding other people's perspectives can greatly help to make one more open-minded, which I think is a very important step towards peace and coexistence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Cats: Lucifer (Lucy) Stinknagel, Hobbs
Shirsts: Hawaiian, Australian, Mutiarian, & loud in general
Bacon: Dry cured, wet cured, lean, smoked
Eyes: Piercing & angry

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Salaam and welcome to RF!

Eye color: Blue/Grey
Pets: None, I'm allergic to everything, lol
Favorite kind of music: Depends on what I'm in the mood for...
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: I'm not sure??
Biggest pet peeve: Intolerance
Why you like interfaith work: I think it's extremely important to understand and respect each other's faiths. If we allow ourselves to get to know faiths outside of ours, we'll likely realize how similar we all are.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Salaam everyone,

Just wanted to come by and introduce myself. I thought a good way to break the ice (at least for me) is to share some fun facts about ourselves :)

So if everyone who replies could answer the following quesions about themselves:

Eye color: green
Pets and their names: A cat named Sookie Stackcat
Favorite kind of music: Country, folk, and Irish/Scottish
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: Kilts :p
Biggest pet peeve: Indifference to important issues, bad grammar, yelling at kids in public, and PDA.
Why you like interfaith work: I think it is terribly important, in this day and age, to have knowledge of different faiths and to begin building bridges instead of bombing bridges. I find most religions all believe in very similar things and if we focused on our similarities instead of our differences, we'd come to find that most of us agree more than disagree.

First of all, welcome :)
OK,
Eye color: Blue
Animal companions (current): Oliver Maxmillian and Lydia Louise (male and female cats, siblings).
Favored music: eclectic… Jazz, Blues, Soul, Classical, Classic Rock
Weirdest thing enjoy wearing: My self-effaced visage :) That, and zombie make-up for Halloween :)
Biggest Pet Peeve: Willful ignorance
Why you like interfaith work: Because interfaith work often eschews personal dogma for practical results for all.

Again, welcome.

PMderry

The Leprechaun
Weirdest thing enjoy wearing: My self-effaced visage :) That, and zombie make-up for Halloween :)

LOL I did this last year for Halloween and it was a complete fail. I groaned and zombie-walked out from the side of my house to "scare" little kids and they stared at me like :sarcastic.

:facepalm:

Salaam and welcome to RF!

Eye color: Blue/Grey
Pets: None, I'm allergic to everything, lol
Favorite kind of music: Depends on what I'm in the mood for...
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: I'm not sure??
Biggest pet peeve: Intolerance
Why you like interfaith work: I think it's extremely important to understand and respect each other's faiths. If we allow ourselves to get to know faiths outside of ours, we'll likely realize how similar we all are.

wsalaam! Glad to be here :)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Salaam everyone
Welcome to RF!

Eye color: brown
Pets and their names: a Dutch shepherd named Muad'dib
Favorite kind of music: jazz, blues, classical, rock, ethnic and fusion, Cuban, metal, industrial.
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: I have been known to wear a Black Watch kilt before.
Biggest pet peeve: bureaucracy
Why you like interfaith work: I enjoy exploring and experiencing the passions, thoughts and ideals of different people or groups, both historical and contemporary. I also enjoy discussing with like minded individuals who explore fringe religious concepts which embody social or political critique. For example Gnosticism and PKD, the literature of 'intoxicated Sufis', or Crowley and Thelema.

PMderry

The Leprechaun
Because I bought a second hand one for only 50 pounds. Other kilts can get way too pricey.

They can, yes. You are lucky to have gotten a relatively universal (arguably) tartan that fits you properly secondhand. That's not always easy to find!

A tartan skirt made in my name is easily $400 since the tartan is not commonly sold (even though I have one of the most common Scottish last names). Thats why I chose a regional tartan from where my fam was which cut the price down to $100! Once I trace my line back, I hope to find cheaper tartan. My name is associated often with MacGregors and MacMillans but I don't believe in wearing clan tartans unless you can actually link yourself to the clan so I will figure out if either of those belong to me once I go to Scotland and trace my grandfather back further.

Last edited:

PMderry

The Leprechaun
Welcome. Are you an Irish Muslim, or a Muslim who lives in Ireland?

Im an Irish and Scottish-American Muslim :) My family is from Co. Derry, Cork, Armagh, Dublin, and Tyrone Ireland and my Scottish side is Glaswegian, from Clan MacMillan.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
Salaam everyone,

Hello and welcome! :)
Eye color: turquoise
Pets and their names: A cat named Minxy
Favorite kind of music: Indie & Alternative Rock and folk
Weirdest thing you enjoy wearing: Not saying in public!
Biggest pet peeve: Ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and immaturity.
Why you like interfaith work: It helps enlighten us and thus reach our full potential.