• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sam Harris' LA Times op-ed on Sarah Palin

Yep, after the Republicans screwed up for the last 8 years in the WH, 12 years in Congress (prior to 2006), McCain is the man for change by going to Washington and put the Republicans back in top jobs. That'll show them?!?

Add in moose-hunting, a champion snowmobiler husband and a pregnant 17 year old daughter, Sarah Palin has the rarest of qualities: authenticity. She is one of us. :sarcastic

rojse

RF Addict
Add in moose-hunting, a champion snowmobiler husband and a pregnant 17 year old daughter, Sarah Palin has the rarest of qualities: authenticity. She is one of us. :sarcastic

Why would anyone want "one of us" in the Oval Office? If I was a shareholder in a company, I wouldn't want "one of us" running the company itself. If I had to have myself defended in court, I wouldn't want "one of us" as my lawyer. I wouldn't want my manager at work, or my manager one removed, to be "one of us". In all of these, I want someone who is far more competent than me. So why is this "one of us" quality so astoundingly good for a major political candidate, when this person is supposed to have the ability to weigh up extremely tough economic, social, political, and environmental problems?

Why would anyone want "one of us" in the Oval Office? If I was a shareholder in a company, I wouldn't want "one of us" running the company itself. If I had to have myself defended in court, I wouldn't want "one of us" as my lawyer. I wouldn't want my manager at work, or my manager one removed, to be "one of us". In all of these, I want someone who is far more competent than me. So why is this "one of us" quality so astoundingly good for a major political candidate, when this person is supposed to have the ability to weigh up extremely tough economic, social, political, and environmental problems?

Just look at her, everyone can tell that she'll drive Putin right out of his socks...

On a more serious note, she scares the hell out of me just to think that she thinks with her folksy tone and her pretentiousness she can tackle the world's problem.

Troublemane

LoL ---it should be obvious that if she was such a non-issue, there wouldnt have been 67 articles in the NY Times last week alone about her, or the fact everyone keeps talking bad about her. Nobody's even talking about Biden...cuz, he is the real non-issue. BHO-ring! :D

LoL ---it should be obvious that if she was such a non-issue, there wouldnt have been 67 articles in the NY Times last week alone about her, or the fact everyone keeps talking bad about her. Nobody's even talking about Biden...cuz, he is the real non-issue. BHO-ring! :D

That's the problem with people at elections: they get sidetracked by non-trivial matter. So far, the campaign has been centred on how the candidates have survived, or not, personal tragedies, when it should be about the problems the country is facing, and what each candidate proposes to solve them.