• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin's Facebook Page Depicts Democrats in Crosshairs!!!!

MSizer

MSizer
Her facebook page shows photos of the Dems who voted for the health bill in crosshairs, and she posted "Don't retreat, instead reload".

That is effing insane!!! I think she should be tried on charges of inciting violence. Everybody knows there are people who aren't quite on keel, and to hear a political figure say such a thing is asking for trouble. I don't think that even she's too stupid to know that. I think she knows exactly what she's doing. And McCain defended her for it too!!!!!! What?!?!?!?

I can't believe this insanity!!!! I used to say Sarah Palin is a few points away from retarted. Now I think she simply is flat out retarted. If she doens't face criminal charges for this, then I will be very disappointed in humanity.

Just_me_Mike

If she doens't face criminal charges for this, then I will be very disappointed in humanity.
Oh my, your expectations are WAY to high my friend. I lost hope a long time ago...

michael-jackson-hanging-baby.jpg

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
palin-crosshairs.jpg

And posted on her Twitter site...
"Commonsense Conservatives & lovers of America: "Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!" Pls see my Facebook page."

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
:shrug:

Personally, I don't see the big deal. It's obviously allegorical, or metaphorical, or whatever. It's not saying "Go get a gun and shoot them". It's saying, "Go and vote these blockheads out of office." The crosshair is a common image for things that are your target, or in your focus.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I do not think that Sarah is advocating actual violence. And yes, it is not uncommon to use cross-hairs as symbols of targets unrelated to violence.
However, considering the recent violent acts specifically targeting those Democrats who voted for the health care bill, I believe she is using very poor judgment when she uses these symbols and phrases such as "RELOAD" when referring to Democrats she wants to "target".

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
:shrug:

Personally, I don't see the big deal. It's obviously allegorical, or metaphorical, or whatever. It's not saying "Go get a gun and shoot them". It's saying, "Go and vote these blockheads out of office." The crosshair is a common image for things that are your target, or in your focus.

I do not think that Sarah is advocating actual violence. And yes, it is not uncommon to use cross-hairs as symbols of targets unrelated to violence.
However, considering the recent violent acts specifically targeting those Democrats who voted for the health care bill, I believe she is using very poor judgment when she uses these symbols and phrases such as "RELOAD" when referring to Democrats she wants to "target".
I think she's probably "joking," but between the crosshairs and the use of "reload," it's pretty obvious she's saying to shoot people.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
To be fair CNN had a whole segment with Jon Stewart named crossfire.And one of the co-host on that program Paul Begala said last night on CNN he would feel like a hypocrite if he critiszied Sarah Palin for using that terminology.

The terms "battleground" and such are used by both parties.

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

Given that people are getting violent over the healthcare debate - Democrats are being attacked - this action by Palin is inciting violence.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think she's probably "joking," but between the crosshairs and the use of "reload," it's pretty obvious she's saying to shoot people.
... though I'd presume it's in the metaphoric sense.

Do they know for sure that these are Sarah Palin's official Facebook & Twitter pages? There are a lot of fakes out there.

Mr Cheese

Given that people are getting violent over the healthcare debate - Democrats are being attacked - this action by Palin is inciting violence.

I agree!

for goodness sake.....

the republicans are calling this armageddon....

they are equating this with the death of millions, the emergence of the anti christ..rocks from the sky, the earth opening up....

cross hairs on a map is hardly a responsible thing

Palin needs spanking

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
... though I'd presume it's in the metaphoric sense.

Do they know for sure that these are Sarah Palin's official Facebook & Twitter pages? There are a lot of fakes out there.

Well if it matters they presented it as hers on CNN last night.I think if it wasnt dont you think she would have come out and denied it by now?

Love

Dallas

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Were you being serious, or is this sarcastic?

I would think basically everybody would know that it is meant in a metaphorical sense- even those who are very angry on the Right. The only ones who would take it literally would be those already inclined and planning on doing something violent.

tumbleweed said:

angellous_evangellous said:

She knows her audience, and she's using graphics and words that resonate with them.

I agree, its shaky ground with things being so volatile as it is, but if violence is already being perpetrated, Palin can hardly be blamed for inciting it with this graphic.

By and by, I would think it a lot more distasteful-- and dangerous-- if the faces of actual people were put in the crosshairs.

A

angellous_evangellous

I just looked up her official website and facebook page and I don't see any Dems in crosshairs...

IndieVisible

Official Party Crasher
Look this is Sarah Palin, and no matter what she does or says, those who do not like her will find some thing to complain about, and those who do like her will praise her. This issue is a non-issue. But it is about Sarah Palin :)

My personal opinion of her? I don't agree with most of what she says, but she has that MILF, teacher/secretary/librarian look down perfect! She is a babe. So I could pretend to be a conservative for one nite for her ;)

Mr Cheese

Look this is Sarah Palin, and no matter what she does or says, those who do not like her will find some thing to complain about, and those who do like her will praise her. This issue is a non-issue. But it is about Sarah Palin :)

My personal opinion of her? I don't agree with most of what she says, but she has that MILF, teacher/secretary/librarian look down perfect! She is a babe. So I could pretend to be a conservative for one nite for her ;)

yeah...ann coulter is sexy too, I'd do her

But I'd have to buy some good acid for the body after

ust like angelina Jolie...damn she's hot
I'd do her.....

but I'd be weeping as I let her air out after

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Were you being serious, or is this sarcastic?

I would think basically everybody would know that it is meant in a metaphorical sense- even those who are very angry on the Right. The only ones who would take it literally would be those already inclined and planning on doing something violent.
I'm completely serious, and I don't see how you could take it metaphorically. Now, I did say that she's probably not serious, but it's pretty damn blatant.