• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin's Facebook Page Depicts Democrats in Crosshairs!!!!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm completely serious, and I don't see how you could take it metaphorically. Now, I did say that she's probably not serious, but it's pretty damn blatant.
It's blatant that she's using crosshairs and "reload" as a metaphor for people to regroup and continue to fight health care reform. I am completely flabbergasted that someone with such a level head on her shoulders (ie, you) would take it literally. I would have thought that only people who are already over the brink would think "Oh, Sarah is telling me to go get an actual gun and actually shoot these people."

She is serious about regrouping and fighting health care reform. She wasn't ever joking about actually shooting people.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It's blatant that she's using crosshairs and "reload" as a metaphor for people to regroup and continue to fight health care reform. I am completely flabbergasted that someone with such a level head on her shoulders (ie, you) would take it literally. I would have thought that only people who are already over the brink would think "Oh, Sarah is telling me to go get an actual gun and actually shoot these people."

She is serious about regrouping and fighting health care reform. She wasn't ever joking about actually shooting people.
Well, consider the flabbergasting mutual. I know what her point is, but how you can say she's not joking about shooting people just blows my mind. Do you think those bumper stickers that say "I still miss my ex.... But my aim is improving" are metaphorical, too?

Of course, I'm not saying that your average joe Repbulican is going to take her seriously, either.

Mr Cheese

Palin's a poster child for the militia type element in USA.....
frankly I dont think we can take this as anythign but an incitement to violence....

A

angellous_evangellous

... and Palin has a reputation for shooting stuff...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
yeah...ann coulter is sexy too, I'd do her

But I'd have to buy some good acid for the body after

ust like angelina Jolie...damn she's hot
I'd do her.....

but I'd be weeping as I let her air out after

We are getting of topic and Im a girl ..and maybe its because she is so mean and hateful but I think Ann Coulter looks like an evil witch..(not a good witch so no offence to the good ones LOL)..Not sexy or attracive at all. She is "long and pointy" sort of "sharp" like a knife.

Sarah Plain on the other hand ..She seems slighly softer and rounder ..Not so pointy..

Love

Dallas

IndieVisible

Official Party Crasher
We are getting of topic and Im a girl ..and maybe its because she is so mean and hateful but I think Ann Coulter looks like an evil witch..(not a good witch so no offence to the good ones LOL)..Not sexy or attracive at all. She is "long and pointy" sort of "sharp" like a knife.

Sarah Plain on the other hand ..She seems slighly softer and rounder ..Not so pointy..

Love

Dallas

lol, I'd do both because Indie is a equal opportunity banger :)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
lol, I'd do both because Indie is a equal opportunity banger :)

That just makes you horny with hardly any standards..LOL!!!

I dont care how hot looking the man and how horny I was I wouldnt bang a guy with evil vibes coming out of him.

I'de rather just go have sex with a frozen cucumber.:)

Love

Dallas

IndieVisible

Official Party Crasher
That just makes you horny with hardly any standards..LOL!!!

I dont care how hot looking the man and how horny I was I wouldnt bang a guy with evil vibes coming out of him.

I'de rather just go have sex with a frozen cucumber.:)

Love

Dallas

Nah I got standards. But you just pointed out a main difference between men and women. Women look for vibes, and men look for T&A :)

gnomon

I do not think that Sarah is advocating actual violence. And yes, it is not uncommon to use cross-hairs as symbols of targets unrelated to violence.
However, considering the recent violent acts specifically targeting those Democrats who voted for the health care bill, I believe she is using very poor judgment when she uses these symbols and phrases such as "RELOAD" when referring to Democrats she wants to "target".

Now don't stand in the way of a self-righteous feel good bashing in the name of building up the spirits of the group.;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Nah I got standards. But you just pointed out a main difference between men and women. Women look for vibes, and men look for T&A :)

No..women(some) look for both.(so do some men unlike you )

And I didnt say you didnt have "any standards" ...I said you had 'hardly any" ..And I did give you credit for having one standard which is that you are horny .:)

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
now now...thats anti taliban talk...

we'll have none of that here

UM...I dont get it.You dont have to be taliban for me to rather have sex with frigid vegetables ..:no:

I "require" more for my own self esteem and pleasure in fact than "D & A".

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

UM...I dont get it.You dont have to be taliban for me to rather have sex with frigid vegetables ..:no:

I "require" more for my own self esteem and pleasure in fact than "D & A".

Love

Dallas

You missed the news/thread huh?

The taliban are banning phallic shaped vegetables overseas....

:flirt: cucumbers= anti taliban propogandist tool

KatNotKathy

I do not think that Sarah is advocating actual violence. And yes, it is not uncommon to use cross-hairs as symbols of targets unrelated to violence.
However, considering the recent violent acts specifically targeting those Democrats who voted for the health care bill, I believe she is using very poor judgment when she uses these symbols and phrases such as "RELOAD" when referring to Democrats she wants to "target".

I'm inclined to agree with this. Sure what she did is really stupid, but I don't think she's that dangerous.

Mr Cheese

I'm inclined to agree with this. Sure what she did is really stupid, but I don't think she's that dangerous.

as someone in the public eye, she has a responsibility not to do certain things....

for example in England..if a character in a major soap opera commits suicides.... the rates of suicides do increase......

like it, believe it or not.... celebrities do influence people
especially people not wrapped too tight who are wishing the democrats would get cancer and bleed to death.....:sarcastic

see: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/1935228-post9.html

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You missed the news/thread huh?

The taliban are banning phallic shaped vegetables overseas....

:flirt: cucumbers= anti taliban propogandist tool

Oh really?

Oh well..Are they banning curling irons?Wait a minute of course..they arent allowed to curl their hair right?

How about candles? Hmmm...are they going to ban those??????

Oh well..the next thingk you know the women will be having sex with a square or a rectangle.Im sure she will figure out a way to dull the sharp edges.

Also ...are they going to cut her fingers off?

Love

Dallas

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
To me, this is much ado about nothing.

If the crosshairs were superimposed over the faces of the politicians, then it would be different. In this case, the photo is of the continental US, and the states that she would like to see taken over.

Of all the rhetoric that passes the airwaves these days, I see this as extremely minor - to the point of really being a non-issue.

Palin is a nutjob, no doubt about it. That said, anyone that is motivated to gunplay by this graphic is already pretty far around the bend.