• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan Lucifer Devil Beast AntiChrist

Ba'al

There's a post floating around about Satan and Lucifer in LHR and it looked like there was some interest to discuess it in the Abrahamic Religion section. I would like to know peoples concepts of Satan, Lucifer, Devil, Beast, and Anti-Christ. Are any of them the same? How are they different? Please use references.

minore

lucifer is jesus in the evening
he is the sun in the morning
satan is the world
you included until you leave it

Xafwak

XFWK
There's a post floating around about Satan and Lucifer in LHR and it looked like there was some interest to discuess it in the Abrahamic Religion section. I would like to know peoples concepts of Satan, Lucifer, Devil, Beast, and Anti-Christ. Are any of them the same? How are they different? Please use references.

Depends widely on religion. Some Christian denominations think of all of those as a single person, some separate them as different creatures. There is no consensus among satanists either, but some of those are almost purely of biblical origin, so many satanists don´t believe all of those exist.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Here is a post of mine from another thread about this topic:

In Jewish thought as can be seen in the book of Job and through out the Talmud, Satan is an agent of God, he is testing and challenging the human character through the evil inclination of man. in the book of Job, we can see that Satan had acted according to permission from God, although if we get a bit intellectual we can see a sort of a mental chess game between Satan and God, with Satan tempting God to give him permission to test job.
as for evil and Satan coming from God. through several books of the Bible indeed it is God who has control over both good and evil, for example see this verse in the book of Isaiah (45:7):
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
While in the English translation of the book of Isaiah in the Hebrew Bible, we find the name Lucifer Son of Dawn for the first time, it is a Latin translation for a figure the Hebrew Bible names as Heylel Ben Shakhar. Heylel meaning morning star, and Ben Shakhar meaning Son of Dawn, there is a mythological baggage to this, because the Canaanites had a personification for the morning star called Heylel, and in fact Shakhar (or Dawn) was also a Canaanite deity, the former being the son of the latter. in Latin, Heylel was translated to Lucifer, meaning Venus, the planet which trumpets the arrival of the dawn, or the 'light bringer' as it were. now the fall of Heylel signifies two things, in effect it was a prophecy against a Babylonian king and his fall, personified in Heylel, this fall was dressed on the former Canaanite myth about the deity called Heylel which tried to ascend above all gods, and eventually fell into the underworld. the metaphor here, is that the oppressors of the Israelites, usually vast empires and rulers would have their moment of glory but would fall. (appearing before morning and lasting only for a moment until the sun comes).
in reality, it took a few centuries before the Christians came to recognize Lucifer with Satan or the devil, and there is documentation of even Christians using the name Lucifer, there is even a 4th century Christian saint named [Saint] Lucifer who was a Bishop in Sardinia.
although the Christian conversion of Lucifer to the devil is based on earlier pre Christian texts of both Pagan and monotheistic sources of a rebellion or defiance against the other gods or God, it seems that Christianity dogmatized this to an extent which programmed this duality on religious thought for centuries to come, some speculate that this chain of events began with the duality found in Zoroastrianism (Ahura Mazada vs. Ahriman), this duality seem to have found a place in Jewish monotheism, and later it became an essential and huge factor in Christianity.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member

no, they are not the same. let me give you a brief explanation on the subject, dear friend :)

jinns are made of energy. human is made of mud (with content of mud). from physical point of view, jinns appear to be superior to human. because energy could go through human body but human in general can not even perceive energy with their physical eyes. what makes human superior to jinns and angels or any other creature of God is the Spirit of God that's given to each human. because Spirit of God basicly represents God itself within human. therefor a man who submit his free will to God is called Caliph. anyways...when first human was created, God did not command any creature to prostrate Adam himself. God commanded them to prostrate Adam only after giving Spirit to Adam. in other words, it was Spirit of God that angels and jinns were invited to prostrate. leader of jinns, as some may call him Lucifer, was a jinn and he disobeyed this command because he only perceived physical appeariance of Adam which was made of something else that's inferior to his own existence/energy. he was the first creature who's called kafeer and he is the frst one who hated human for his loss. he invited jinns to join him in his war against humanity. because it was already sure he would go to hell, he had nothing to lose and his only gain would be making human earn hell too just like himself. God gave him permission and a lifetime that would no end till the end of time so that there could be a test matter for human on Earth. that also explains how come Satan has lots of knowledge about human. long story short some jinns took his side and joined him in this war. these jinns are called demons. these demons have different levels of power. the most powerful ones are called Iblis, they are extremely dangerous. entire system among them work like an army. there are generals, there are soldiers...etc.

i hope this answer some of your questions. i hope to explain anti-Christ some other time. i must be going out right now