• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scary movies are they evil?

Riders

I use to be in love with horror movies. Today I have to be in the right mood. Sense some religious folks don't approve of it I thought I'd put this question up here. I'm watching a few for the Halloween season. I have Halloween on its a john Carpenters marathon. the Dr speaking of Michael Myers" He had the blackest eyes the devils eyes! Jamie Lee Curtis That was the boogie man!

I use to be in love with horror movies. Today I have to be in the right mood. Sense some religious folks don't approve of it I thought I'd put this question up here. I'm watching a few for the Halloween season. I have Halloween on its a john Carpenters marathon. the Dr speaking of Michael Myers" He had the blackest eyes the devils eyes! Jamie Lee Curtis That was the boogie man!
Are they evil? Not necessary, but I don't think it is necessary good for anyone to watch them. I think it would be good to be careful on what you use to feed your mind. However, I believe all evil things comes from persons own heart essentially. Therefore watching an "evil" movie is not necessary bad or wrong.

A good person can take a evil example as a warning, an evil person can take an evil example as something that would be good to do. That is why movie showing evil things, can be harmful, if it is watched by an evil person. But even in this case, I don't think the movie itself is necessarily evil, only that how someone could use it for example as an inspiration can be seen as bad.

ChatwithGod

ChatwithGod.ai
Scary movies aren't inherently evil, but they can stir up fear. Philippians 4:8 advises focusing on what is true, noble, and right.

ppp

Do you enjoy watching the horror movies? If yes, then watch them. If no, then don't. Easy peasy

anotherneil

To me, the word "evil" is only a religious word. I myself am not religious, so I don't use the words good and evil ("good" in the context of opposite of evil) to describe things. I suppose that someone who's religious would have to decide for themselves what their religious beliefs say about whether or not scary movies are evil.