• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scheduled to die shaken baby syndrom

Riders

It was just announced the man who is on death row for shaken baby syndrome is scheduled to die. The baby was autopsied and said to have died from Pneumonia. Shaken baby syndrome is said to be question as to whether its real or not. I think they should let him go what do you think?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think that Texas is, in general, too fond of killing people. So they will again.

And, let's also say, the American justice system is absolutely, fatally allergic to ever admitting it made a mistake. We've seen this in literally thousands of cases where new evidence has exonerated people who have remained imprisoned anyway. To ruin -- or even terminate -- an innocent person's life is better, so they seem to feel, than admitting to any fallibility on their part.

Clizby Wampuscat

It was just announced the man who is on death row for shaken baby syndrome is scheduled to die. The baby was autopsied and said to have died from Pneumonia. Shaken baby syndrome is said to be question as to whether its real or not. I think they should let him go what do you think?
There is a lot more to the story than this. I am against the death penalty but this guy is a bad dude. I don’t think he should be executed though.

Clizby Wampuscat

And, let's also say, the American justice system is absolutely, fatally allergic to ever admitting it made a mistake. We've seen this in literally thousands of cases where new evidence has exonerated people who have remained imprisoned anyway. To ruin -- or even terminate -- an innocent person's life is better, so they seem to feel, than admitting to any fallibility on their part.
This is why I am against the death penalty.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
Shaken baby syndrome is awful. But I dont know the ends and outs of this case could be the baby didn't have it and even if they did im against the death penalty.

Clizby Wampuscat

The execution was delayed by a judge based on a request by a republican lawmaker that subpoenaed him to testify next week. This was intended to stop the execution.