• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and Religion

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I believe science and religion should arrive at the same conclusion about life's origin.

Science teaches us that all living things are a product of the Earth. Why? Well every living things contains within it all the elements in the Earth. Thus, you can directly link the origin of life to the Earth. It's common sense more than it is science.

The primitive religions all tell about life coming from Earth, including Judasim and Christianity. What? Yes, that's right. It's in the Bible. Yet, religious leaders distort the truth. Genesis 1:24 "And God said, Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so." Gen 2:7 "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Websters Dictionary refers to God as the creator. Certainly the creator is Earth. Thus Earth is also our God. Why is that so difficult to believe? Earth is beautiful. Nothing compares to it, not even any other planet in the Universe. It gives oxygen, beutiful trees, oceans, lakes, rivers, mountains, snow, seasons. In spite of the beauty that surrounds us, in spite of the common sense and scientific evidence, religious leaders tell us that God is an alien who came down to Earth, snapped his fingers and created everything. Bologna!

I'd rather believe that it took several billion years to create me as perfect as I am than to believe it happened by majic. We should love our Earth, take care of it, and make sure it continues to live on for future generations. We should worship Earth. That is exactly what Native Americans did, until the Europeans decided to convert them.

For me Earth is my God, and not a single scientist or religious leader can dispute it. That's correct scientist won't dispute the fact that we were created from the Earth. :yes:
Just a few points...

1) Religious/cultural origins stories are more about assigning the role of humanity in the world and providing a basis for moral codes than providing a literal telling of where we came from.

2) not all such tales have humans and other living things coming from the Earth. Many have the water as our origin, or in trees, semen, blood or other substances.

3) Earth also gives us arsenic in our water, deadly gasses that kill whole villages as they sleep and all manner of deadly phenomena.

4) First Nations/Native Americans did not/do not "worship the Earth"... the Earth and land is respected and loved but not worshiped. That's hippy new age stuff.

wa:do

garrydons

I believe science and religion should arrive at the same conclusion about life's origin.

Science teaches us that all living things are a product of the Earth. Why? Well every living things contains within it all the elements in the Earth. Thus, you can directly link the origin of life to the Earth. It's common sense more than it is science.

The primitive religions all tell about life coming from Earth, including Judasim and Christianity. What? Yes, that's right. It's in the Bible. Yet, religious leaders distort the truth. Genesis 1:24 "And God said, Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so." Gen 2:7 "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Websters Dictionary refers to God as the creator. Certainly the creator is Earth. Thus Earth is also our God. Why is that so difficult to believe? Earth is beautiful. Nothing compares to it, not even any other planet in the Universe. It gives oxygen, beutiful trees, oceans, lakes, rivers, mountains, snow, seasons. In spite of the beauty that surrounds us, in spite of the common sense and scientific evidence, religious leaders tell us that God is an alien who came down to Earth, snapped his fingers and created everything. Bologna!

I'd rather believe that it took several billion years to create me as perfect as I am than to believe it happened by majic. We should love our Earth, take care of it, and make sure it continues to live on for future generations. We should worship Earth. That is exactly what Native Americans did, until the Europeans decided to convert them.

For me Earth is my God, and not a single scientist or religious leader can dispute it. That's correct scientist won't dispute the fact that we were created from the Earth. :yes:

I think we need to define what is really a "God". If we say that the earth is our God, are we clinging with true meaning of the word God? If God is a creator, is not earth only one of His creations? Then how can we call earth as God?