• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence Supporting Intelligent Design

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Just checking back in on this thread. It's been four years since it started. Any scientific evidence which supports intelligent design yet? Anything? Hello?

ignition

Just checking back in on this thread. It's been four years since it started. Any scientific evidence which supports intelligent design yet? Anything? Hello?
Nope. It's pure faith. In fact scientific evidence points the other way. But that doesn't deter uncompromising ideologues like me. I believe in quite a few things which are totally unscientific, and I'm practically a scientist (I study Physics).

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Nope. It's pure faith. In fact scientific evidence points the other way. But that doesn't deter uncompromising ideologues like me. I believe in quite a few things which are totally unscientific, and I'm practically a scientist (I study Physics).

Oh, definitely - I've known a few people who work in scientific fields who don't have scientific minds. Not everyone ends up working in fields that make sense for them.

ignition

Oh, definitely - I've known a few people who work in scientific fields who don't have scientific minds. Not everyone ends up working in fields that make sense for them.
I don't work in the field, I study it. And it makes a lot of sense, that's why I'm good at it hahahaha

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
मैत्रावरुणिः;3419703 said:
Namaste,

Sorry to interrupt: is it possible to have faith in science?

M.V.

Absolutely. Many people have faith in science. Many people have faith in religion. Believers, or people who rely on faith, can apply that faith to anything.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Absolutely. Many people have faith in science. Many people have faith in religion. Believers, or people who rely on faith, can apply that faith to anything.

Namaste,

Thank you for answering. Yes, I have faith in science too. When I enter lab experiments in lab rooms on campus - I leave my religious notions outside the classroom. It has no business being with me while conducting experiments (even though I suck at science courses and do better in history courses, hehe).

M.V.

Agnostic75

ignition said:

Then you shouldn't have much trouble adequately refuting Ken Miller's article on the flagellum, intelligent design, and irreducible complexity at The Flagellum Unspun. And after that, you should not have much trouble adequately refuting some other complex articles that I could post.

ignition said:
Degrees aren't everything you know.

I agree. I think that anyone can submit a scientific paper to a science journal for peer review. If that is the case, by all means, please submit a paper yourself.

Since you are practically a scientist, you should enjoy participating at Physics Forums, which has over 385,000 members, many of whom have advanced degrees in science.

Why would you care about whether or not God evolved life on earth slowly, over millions of years?

What about the possibility that aliens brought life to earth?

Do you accept the global flood theory, or the young earth theory?

Last edited: