• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientology? Hatred or Liking?

I am in my school right now doing a report on scientology. I wanted to know if anyone here can tell me anything about it or if you like it or hate it.

Thank you for your help.

SlipknotOzX

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I don't know enough about it to have a hard opinion either way. Check out our Scientology forum for more info about.

Prima

Ditto Maize...check out the scientology forum. Google is also a great resource :D

Scientology for some reason seems 'distasteful' to me, but I don't know much about it.

No one is in the scientology forum to answer any of my questions. Does anyone have any opinions on the religion at least? Don't be afraid. Share them!

Scott1

SlipknotOzX said:
I am in my school right now doing a report on scientology. I wanted to know if anyone here can tell me anything about it or if you like it or hate it.

Thank you for your help.

SlipknotOzX
Just some thoughts......

If you're doing a "report" on scientology, you might want to stick to facts. I can't imagine that a school would like you to do a report on why people "hate" something"... at least I hope not.

I don't believe we have more than one or two members here who are Scientologists... and I don't see either one online now..... I don't know much about it.... not enough to "like it" and surely not enough to "hate it".

Peace be with you,
Scott

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
SlipknotOzX said:
...if you like it or hate it...
3 free tips for future research projects:

1. Don't ask if people hate a religion. It sets the wrong tone for a discussion.
  2. Ask people what experiences they've had with a faith or it's believers
  3. Have a little patience. You started this thread @ 2:11 PM and it's just now 3:00 PM.;)
Personally, I know very little about L. Ron Hubbard or the Church of Scientology, but I'm going to check out the link Maize provided. BTW, if other people haven't read the overviews on the various religions, you are are missing out. They are very informative despite being so brief.
biggthumpup.gif

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Mike182

Flaming Queer
while i do not "like" scientology, in the sense that i don't follow it/agree with it on a personal level, i hate no system of belief.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I treat scientology just like any other group, I seek the common thread that links it to all religions.

The truth is that which repeats itself over and over again.