• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously disappointed in my country

Aquitaine

Really, any laws that make transsexual people's day more difficult without a very good purpose don't need to exist. I assume a lot of it comes from fear or misunderstanding.

I think a lot of people, when they think of trans people, get a mental image that looks something like this:

400_rupaul_090109_fmicelotta_2220955.jpg

(Drag queen performer.)

Rather than, say, this:

tumblr_lbakslrDSd1qas0uco1_500.jpg

(Hot trans guy.)

In relation the the second image, by "trans guy" do you mean a Female-to-Male transsexual? If so, then WOW I would never have guessed!

PS: I only ask for clarification because I'm somewhat ignorant of some of the terminology used in relation to this subject. :eek:

Kerr

Really, any laws that make transsexual people's day more difficult without a very good purpose don't need to exist. I assume a lot of it comes from fear or misunderstanding.

I think a lot of people, when they think of trans people, get a mental image that looks something like this:

400_rupaul_090109_fmicelotta_2220955.jpg

(Drag queen performer.)

Rather than, say, this:

tumblr_lbakslrDSd1qas0uco1_500.jpg

(Hot trans guy.)
I have to confess the second picture screws a little with my head, because he doesnt fit in the "correct" folder. Good. I dont like putting people into folders and screwing with it is a good way to deal with it :p.

Kerr

In relation the the second image, by "trans guy" do you mean a Female-to-Male transsexual? If so, then WOW I would never have guessed!

PS: I only ask for clarification because I'm somewhat ignorant of some of the terminology used in relation to this subject. :eek:
I remember this guy I know who was on a trip and going home. For the voyage home, which was with a boat, he wanted a lady to share it with. So he found someone and then, on board... he found out "she" was a "he", lol.

I get confused quite easy as well, to be honest. I think "trans man" refers to someone who is a Female-to-Male transsexual, and "trans woman" a Male-to-Female transsexual.

Aquitaine

I remember this guy I know who was on a trip and going home. For the voyage home, which was with a boat, he wanted a lady to share it with. So he found someone and then, on board... he found out "she" was a "he", lol.

I get confused quite easy as well, to be honest. I think "trans man" refers to someone who is a Female-to-Male transsexual, and "trans woman" a Male-to-Female transsexual.

Yeah, I like the "Post/Pre-Op FTM/MTF" system, I can understand it much better that way. I think another area I get confused with is all this Gender stuff, which I sort of think as "Female brain" and "Male brain". :shrug:

Unfortunately I don't know any Transexuals in real life, so I can't exactly become more enlightened on it all via conversation.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes, he is a female-to-male transsexual person. A pro athlete, actually. Both of those are public figures- a (non-transsexual) gay male drag queen, and a transsexual man.

Here's two more public people from a quick google search:

Trans woman:
wpid-48_1534_1867.jpg

Source.

Trans man:
Diego_Sanchez_AP_Photo_J__Scott_Applewhite_%282%29.jpg

Source.

Aquitaine

Yes, he is a female-to-male transsexual person. A pro athlete, actually. Both of those are public figures- a (non-transsexual) gay male drag queen, and a transsexual man.

Here's two more public people from a quick google search:

Trans woman:
wpid-48_1534_1867.jpg

Source.

Trans man:
Diego_Sanchez_AP_Photo_J__Scott_Applewhite_%282%29.jpg

Source.

Interesting. I wonder if the pro-athlete encountered any troubles/hurdles in relation to his work?
As in, if he had trouble being accepted onto the "Men's side" etc. Reminds me of a case I briefly read a while back, about a female MMA fighter who was later found out to be a MTF transexual. That kicked up a bit of a ****storm IIRC.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Sexual abuse of animals is legal :areyoucra?

I still cant fathom why people think its cruel to use an animal for sexual satisfaction but it is an inalienable right to use them for gastronomical satisfaction.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately I don't know any Transexuals in real life, so I can't exactly become more enlightened on it all via conversation.
Someone I knew since middle school transitioned from female to male while he was in college.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Blimey. Doing something like that in a school environment must be intimidating to say the least. Do you still speak to him?
Not anymore. There are a lot of school friends I didn't keep in touch with and I've long since moved away for work. I'm kind of lame at the whole, "keeping up with friends", thing. :eek:

From what I saw though, he seemed happier, more outgoing, and more natural than prior to his transition.

Aquitaine

Not anymore. There are a lot of school friends I didn't keep in touch with and I've long since moved away for work. I'm kind of lame at the whole, "keeping up with friends", thing. :eek:

From what I saw though, he seemed happier, more outgoing, and more natural than prior to his transition.

I see. The gradual transition must be an interesting thing to observe. Especially of a FTM, since (at least where I'm from) 'Trans-sexual' almost exclusively means MTF.

Wonder why, maybe it's in the numbers or something. :shrug: