• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serpent and Dove

idea

Question Everything
To me it seems like being kind/innocent/dove while also not being used/victimized/doormat - protected = snake. Snakes often use camouflage, hidden in the garden - they protect the delicate flowers, people walk carefully if a snake is feared.

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
The serpent to truly understand you must trace back to the Sumerian texts (the origin of the Old Testament)

The serpent IS NOT a snake, but an Archon/Demurge (specifically the Sumerian word is SATAM, later to become SATAN)

The “serpent” in those original texts was Enki, an elite who is described as having “a serpent complexion”

Interestingly the serpent was the only one who was in line with Christs later teachings, in that the serpent befriended Adam (Sumerian for animal, A-Dam) and encouraged him to stand up to the oppressive creator using a tool (Ganeesh)

“You can use this tool to destroy or to build”

This later became the “forbidden fruit” (discernment of good and evil, an understanding of morals and self)

The serpent then encouraged A-dam to eat the tree of life and become eternal with them, but the oppressive “God” Enlil (the creator of humanity) kicked humans out of Eden (E-din, animal den)

I shan’t go on… you can look for yourself

But the Egyptians used the serpent to depict health, miracles, eternal life, wisdom and infinity
(Infact our infinity symbol comes from the Egyptian symbols using the serpent)

Later Moses crafts a serpent to adorn his staff, so that all that gaze upon it may attain eternal life/salvation

Later a snake is “crucified” in the exact manner Christ is crucified later, so there’s a reflection of Christ being similar to the serpent

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the dove represents love the serpent wisdom.

naas, ireland

Naas.PNG

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The snake is sometimes in scripture aligned with God, such as Moses lifting the serpent , and in fact the tree of life..

There are exceptions, of course. However, when Moses lifts the serpent that is different because he places it on a pole. The serpent is not rising in that example.

I disagree that the tree of life is a serpent, but, I applaud the creative approach to the story.

LeftyLen

Within some Native American tribes, "Coyote" serves a similar purpose as the Serpent, namely wise but a trickster.

There are exceptions, of course. However, when Moses lifts the serpent that is different because he places it on a pole. The serpent is not rising in that example.

I disagree that the tree of life is a serpent, but, I applaud the creative approach to the story.
It may sound rather esoteric, but the tree of life is DNA. the medical life symbol is always two serpent's on a pole with a winged creature on the top.