• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set: Redeeming the Egyptian God of Darkness

Tamino

Cool source! Fascinating to hear the parallels to Levantine deities and later movements, I really enjoyed that part.

But ooooooohhh boy, that guy sure doesn't like Osiris and is a fan of the 19th dynasty. The entire retelling of Seth in Egyptian history is a little bit too black-and-white for me.
I don't think the good guys and the bad guys are ever this clearly discernable, history is full of greys.

For those that are not experts in Egyptian history: the research is impressive, very thorough and sound.
I only spotted a few minor issues that I'd disagree with. For example, he made it sound like people got sacrificed to a god in the early dynastic, but the retainer burials were not human sacrifices in the sense that their life force or blood was offered to a god - they more probably had to die to follow their dead king.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Updated: