• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seven year old guns

Have you been diagnosed with delusions of grandeur?
:D
You seem to think that males are generally superior to females.
Everything is not always what it may seem to be. I think men and women are different. And difference doesn't mean the other is not as valuable or important or in every way superior.

But, what say you, how can it be that women got for example voting rights because men gave it to them? If men are not superior in some ways, women would have had that without men giving it. Men generally are more powerful and in that way superior. However, women can be superior in some other ways.
(And Caucasians are generally superior to other races.) For you, the fact that almost all US Presidents have been white and all have been male, is evidence for that. For me, it is evidence that white males have had preferential treatment in the past.
If they had preferential treatment, please tell what was it, how they were preferred?

Don't you think, if men and women are equal, neither of them can be superior? Equal woman could stop a man and superior woman could force man to do what she wants him to do.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If they had preferential treatment, please tell what was it, how they were preferred?
Superstition, tradition, false information, call it what you want. It was (and sometimes still is) the unproven but also unquestioned idea that men are better at many jobs which don't require physical strength. For some time it was also the traditional role model. Men were preferred because they had to provide for a family. Men were preferred for perceived (but untested) skills. Men were preferred because they couldn't get pregnant. Because of these unquestioned fixed ideas, women were often overlooked, even when they were objectively better qualified.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why did you choose to create this thread in Religious Debates?

When I was seven years old, we were informed that a rapist was going after babysitters. We were in a dangerous violent neighborhood. We had firearms loaded in every room. I heard someone who broke into our home. I sit in the hall where I can see the armed invader.
I have given him a verbal warning. He pointed his gun in my direction. I pulled both triggers on my shotgun, killing him.

I am not the first to ask, but,.. at seven years of age? Is that what you are saying?

Our Babysitter woke up, turned on the lights to the hallway to see what happened. She went back into the guest room and called the Police. No one was prosecuted because it was self defense and protecting everyone in the home.

The Police and School provided me with Counselling.

One would hope.

A year ladder, someone broke in coming thru the Kitchen window. I used my Mother's hair spray and a lighter to set him on fire. The Police showed up to arrest him and laughed like crazy.

Within the same year, three armed men broke in. This time, I had my 30-30 Winchester. I learned from the Police not to have a warning. This time I laid at the top of our closed in stairway. I waited for all three to be in the stairway and opened fire killing all three.

Are you sure you want to keep living in such a place?

Over the years, there was several armed invasions, some we had multiple shooters.

What advice would you have a family in that neighborhood?

Move away, of course.

We were not born again back then.

In the Christian sense, you mean?

“If a thief is killed while trying to break into a house at night, then no one will be guilty for killing him. But if this happens during the day, the one who killed him will be guilty of murder.
I am in a good mood, so I will just point out that this may be what the law says, but it makes no logical or moral sense whatsoever.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Have you been diagnosed with delusions of grandeur? You seem to think that males are generally superior to females. (And Caucasians are generally superior to other races.) For you, the fact that almost all US Presidents have been white and all have been male, is evidence for that. For me, it is evidence that white males have had preferential treatment in the past.
You think the presidency is a position that is only open to 'preferred' people?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The presidency is decided by voters (at least theoretically), but to get to a position where you can run for that office, you have to kick out a lot of opposition. That's a lot of hurdles where irrational bias can stop you.
Right.

How many times have we heard over the years that
"America isn't ready for a female President"
"America isn't ready for a black President"

I mean, why not? What's the giant difference between those two and some old white dude?

Superstition, tradition, false information, call it what you want. It was (and sometimes still is) the unproven but also unquestioned idea that men are better at many jobs which don't require physical strength. For some time it was also the traditional role model. Men were preferred because they had to provide for a family. Men were preferred for perceived (but untested) skills. Men were preferred because they couldn't get pregnant. Because of these unquestioned fixed ideas, women were often overlooked, even when they were objectively better qualified.
I think originally work is a punishment. And men wanted to spare women from the punishment. It is almost funny how nowadays many people wants the punishment. Not very wise in my opinion. But, if someone wants to work and is skillful enough, I have no problem with that.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I think originally work is a punishment. And men wanted to spare women from the punishment.
I think household chores are a punishment. And men wanted women to get that punishment.
It is almost funny how nowadays many people wants the punishment. Not very wise in my opinion.
Maybe men should have asked women if they see it as punishment to make their own money?
But, if someone wants to work and is skillful enough, I have no problem with that.
Likewise, I have no problem with someone deciding to be a stay-at-home parent (man or woman). It's the ability to choose and not be hindered in either profession that counts.

I think household chores are a punishment.
I can agree with that. They are not nice. But, nice thing about those chores is, one can just ignore most of it, by just lowering the standard how clean one wants it to be. By what I see, women have way too high standard of how clean house should be and they should just relax little bit. :D
Maybe men should have asked women if they see it as punishment to make their own money?
Yeah, maybe. Actually, I am starting to think that the whole thing is reverse psychology. Someone wanted that women voluntarily wants to work and decided, lets deny it, then they will demand that they must be allowed to work. In Finland it seems to work nicely for some people, some men has multiple women, and don't work, while the women do all the work, or government pays all their expenses, while Finnish people work for them. Maybe they are the smartest people in Finland and native Finnish people deserve to be their slaves. :D