• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex Promotes?

sex has long been shown to work in marketing/advertising products. there's really no doubt about that. when it's really blatant is when it's at is most egregious. For instance, i think Carl's Jr. using paris hilton to sell their burgers was more an act of marketing desperation than ingenuity.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Malus01 said:
Looking at them naked?
I think women wearing skinpy clothing is much more sensual than naked......but hey, that's only my opinion.:D

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
I think women wearing skinpy clothing is much more sensual than naked......but hey, that's only my opinion
I agree kinda MICH, you'd be suprised what a genie costume could do for some :)

Bishka

Veteran Member
I agree that sex defintley sells. It's unfortuanate that we don't have something else that sells, instead of sex. I wish something else would sell. Then again, sex appeals to our most basic instincts.

almifkhar

sex does sell and its sad indeed. it's sad because it promotes inequality. i think it's a damn shame when a company has to use sex to sell hair dye (the just for men comercials) and i think that this pretty much sums it up if you dye your hair and get rid of the greys, you can get laid. if you get this paticular cell phone, you can get laid, if you get this car, you can get laid. how pathetic

Bishka

Veteran Member
almifkhar said:
sex does sell and its sad indeed. it's sad because it promotes inequality. i think it's a damn shame when a company has to use sex to sell hair dye (the just for men comercials) and i think that this pretty much sums it up if you dye your hair and get rid of the greys, you can get laid. if you get this paticular cell phone, you can get laid, if you get this car, you can get laid. how pathetic
And no offense(spelling), but they are sexing up the Bible. They have now turned it into a magazine for girls and guys(anyone know the website for this one??) and have flashy magazine layouts, just like a girl/guy magazine would have. They even talk about sex in them.

I personally think, and even if you aren't a member of the Christian faith, you should be a at least a little offended, they are sexing up a sacred text. The Bible for goodness sake!