• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex worship

connermt

Nope. The biggest stumbling block would be allowing myself to submit to the will of an imaginary character.

Isn't it amazing that so many people over come other "stumbling blocks" (smoking, drinking, being over weight, etc) yet fail to over come their own lack of logic and submit to such a character?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Is it God's commandments governing sexual behavior that pose the biggest stumbling block to submitting to his will?

No, the biggest stumbling block is God's follower's complete inability to form logical and coherent arguments for his existence.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Isn't it amazing that so many people over come other "stumbling blocks" (smoking, drinking, being over weight, etc) yet fail to over come their own lack of logic and submit to such a character?
I overcame my desire to dress up small animals in tuxedos and turned my life towards Gandalf. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Queue Ghandi quote "I like your Christ but I do not like your Christians they are so unlike your Christ"
Not a real Gandhi quote.

His expressed feelings may have run along those lines however there's no actual source for the quote.

4consideration

Premium Member
Is it God's commandments governing sexual behavior that pose the biggest stumbling block to submitting to his will?

It could be for an individual, but I would not say so as a general rule.

I think the biggest stumbling block is a failure to recognize that God's will is already in place as Reality. If you respect, and work honestly within Reality (both the objective and subjective components of it,) by honoring it you are already in harmony with God's will (or Life, if you don't believe in God.) You do not need to have any concepts about God in order to do that.

However, if one thinks that cause and effect do not apply to a particular area of Reality, because it happens to be in the area of sex -- which feels good -- then, in that case I guess it could be the biggest stumbling block for the individual.