• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexy Accents

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Salma Hayek, Penelope Cruz, and Sofia Vergara :yes::yes::yes:.... The English and New Zealand accents are my favorite, but I do love a good Latina/Spanish accent. Only problem is that I hear it all too often.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Does any one speak with a received pronunciation accent?

What does an "English" accent sound like? Surely a Cornish person and a Mancunian person do not have the same accent...

What does a "British" accent sound like? Surely a Scottish person and an English person do not have the same accent...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
French accent. It's one of the main things that got me all melting inside when I met my wife. I was pretty powerless against it.
And I agree that a proper British accent with clear pronounciation and good vocabulary is very high class. However I lived in London for 2 years and most people don't talk like that. Other than having a variety of local pronounciations, many people have a very rough accent and a poor vocabulary.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
And I agree that a proper British accent with clear pronounciation and good vocabulary is very high class. However I lived in London for 2 years and most people don't talk like that. Other than having a variety of local pronounciations, many people have a very rough accent and a poor vocabulary.

Indeed, most people don't have that sort of accent, unlike what movies represent. Unless they've been to posh boarding schools, like my husband.

I have a bit of a French Canadian accent but it's not as pronounced as most people in Quebec. It's quite hilarious how bad (the accent) is in Quebec.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
[youtube]37lM4O4BcNA[/youtube]
Funniest Ever Comedy | Kevin Bridges | The Story So Far | Scottish Accents - YouTube

I am Scottish by the way :D (I live elsewhere in the country now but have a Glaswegian accent like Kevin in the video above).

What I find odd about people saying, "British accent" is that there is no such thing.

Britain is probably the nation with the most diverse spread of accents. Scottish accents sound nothing like Welsh, sound nothing like Cockney, sound nothing like Hugh Grant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, and here is Gerard Butler talking about his Scottish accent:

[youtube]IwhdtlxEU0g[/youtube]
Gerard Butler on his Scottish Accent - YouTube

He stated back in 2009:

Gerard Butler is losing his sexy Scottish accent and he's not happy about it!

Gerard has been ditching his infamous accent in order to land Hollywood movies, and he hates himself for it.

He said, "I have to confess I always hated any person from Scotland who went and lost their accent in the slightest.

"When Sheena Easton made it in America and suddenly started talking in an accent, I swore and threw shoes at her on television.

He added, "But I've spent a year and a half now playing roles as an American and I'm not comfortable enough doing those accents only when we film, so I have to keep it up all the time. I really hate myself for doing that."

Last edited:

Erebus

I'm generally not that bothered either way by accents, but there are a few I like and a few I don't. Italian and Russian accents can be pretty hot.

As far as English accents go it really depends on where you go, a Cockney accent and a Brummie accent just don't sound like they come from the same country. That said, some people do pick up a sort of Pan-Northern/Pan-Southern accent if they've moved around a lot. The Pan-Southern tends to come across as classy and well-spoken while the Pan-Northern has a slightly gruffer, more authoritative inflection.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Does any one speak with a received pronunciation accent?

What does an "English" accent sound like? Surely a Cornish person and a Mancunian person do not have the same accent...

What does a "British" accent sound like? Surely a Scottish person and an English person do not have the same accent...

I'm aware there are a million different English accents. I love all of them, so just used the umbrella term "English". If I had to pick a favorite it would be the Cockney accent.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
French accent. It's one of the main things that got me all melting inside when I met my wife. I was pretty powerless against it.

I prefer the rougher, more common English accents (weird, right?). Probably subconsciously has something to do with me being from Boston and everybody hating my accent lol

Secret Chief

Degrow!
[youtube]37lM4O4BcNA[/youtube]
Funniest Ever Comedy | Kevin Bridges | The Story So Far | Scottish Accents - YouTube

I am Scottish by the way :D (I live elsewhere in the country now but have a Glaswegian accent like Kevin in the video above).

Britain is probably the nation with the most diverse spread of accents. Scottish accents sound nothing like Welsh, sound nothing like Cockney, sound nothing like Hugh Grant. :rolleyes:

Heh, I like Kevin! I love Rab C too, but usually watch it with the sub-titles on, so I don't miss anything. I think Kevin was in one episode, living in a lift...