• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexy Lucifer

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
A church got this one to make a statue of Lucifer in the 1800s... It got put away cuz it was too sexy: m0VTB6m
So they got his brother to make a replacement and it too got put away:
sexy-lucifer-statue

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-10_18-47-57.png
    upload_2021-3-10_18-47-57.png
    493.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A church got this one to make a statue of Lucifer in the 1800s... It got put away cuz it was too sexy: m0VTB6m
So they got his brother to make a replacement and it too got put away:
sexy-lucifer-statue

What beautiful statues. The work involved in producing them is exceptional. I would be quite happy to have either one standing on my balcony.

Any idea where they are?

VoidCat

What beautiful statues. The work involved in producing them is exceptional. I would be quite happy to have either one standing on my balcony.

Any idea where they are?
Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Belgium for the first one St. Paul's Cathedral in Liege, Belgium for the second one I think.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Isn't Lucifer supposed to be beautiful? He is an angel in the narrative, isn't he?
I believe so but the church it was intended for said the statues were too distracting for women.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Belgium for the first one St. Paul's Cathedral in Liege, Belgium for the second one I think.

Thanks, i found the one on Liege but not the other. I've not been to Belgium since i was a kid. They make it worthwhile going for a visit and trying real fries at the same time ;-)

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
"Liege, Belgium, is home to the absolutely gorgeous St. Paul's Cathedral, where visitors can find one of the most iconic representations of Lucifer in the entire Christian world: Le génie du mal, or in English, The Genius of Evil.

This white marble sculpture by Belgian artist Guillaume Geefs depicts a chained, athletic figure covered only in a sheet draped across his legs. Despite his demonic wings, the statue still represents a sense of classical beauty.

According to the Belgian press of the day, "pretty penitent girls" were finding themselves distracted by the statue when they should have been focusing on their prayers
..."

Well, that must've made for some interesting confessions....

"Forgive me father for I have sinned, I had sexy thoughts about the devil today at church"

tenor.gif