• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shadow People

Sees

Dragonslayer
Curious if anybody has any experience with the phenomenon/entities where an all black featureless person, save for eyes at times, is seen and possibly interacted with?

I've heard some about it before and know somebody who has recently started to describe experiencing it/them without having access to others' accounts.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Thanks bro. My daughter said she has seen them a few times. She said they disappear like smoke after you say something to them and she calls them "black people"

I used to see them a lot in my grandfather's house. There was tons of negative energy in that place. There was some sort of "vortex" or portal in my aunt's bedroom that was caught on camera. It had faces in it. Something was going on in that house.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I used to see them a lot in my grandfather's house. There was tons of negative energy in that place. There was some sort of "vortex" or portal in my aunt's bedroom that was caught on camera. It had faces in it. Something was going on in that house.

Our old house is pretty strange...I do a type of cleansing now and then but haven't for a while. It's still a possibility that she is picking up on the videos my wife watches that talk about ghosts, aliens, etc. We'll see :D

It's sort of in the family that sometimes we can hear other person's thoughts as if they are talking out loud when they are simply thinking about something.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
While I am sitting here reading an MLA manual I believe I should switch over to APA. Very appropriate.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Our old house is pretty strange...I do a type of cleansing now and then but haven't for a while. It's still a possibility that she is picking up on the videos my wife watches that talk about ghosts, aliens, etc. We'll see :D

If it's an old house, it's pretty understandable. Energy builds up over time, especially over the course of different inhabitants.

It's sort of in the family that sometimes we can hear other person's thoughts as if they are talking out loud when they are simply thinking about something.

That's pretty cool. :)

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Ozzy Osbourne had such an experience while he was with Black Sabbath, and it inspired him to write a song about it

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
(something something) looking with eyes of fire
(something something) flames get higher and higher

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Curious if anybody has any experience with the phenomenon/entities where an all black featureless person, save for eyes at times, is seen and possibly interacted with?

I've heard some about it before and know somebody who has recently started to describe experiencing it/them without having access to others' accounts.

Nope. Never.

But again to reference the X-Files...

...I want to believe.

I've never seen UFO's (alien spacecraft), ghosts, goblins, demons, sprites, Nessie, nor Bigfoot.

NEVER. EVER.

Sure wish I could, but maybe skeptics are just too harsh about the wonders of reality itself to seek more "beyond".

Sees

Dragonslayer
Nope. Never.

But again to reference the X-Files...

...I want to believe.

I've never seen UFO's (alien spacecraft), ghosts, goblins, demons, sprites, Nessie, nor Bigfoot.

NEVER. EVER.

Sure wish I could, but maybe skeptics are just too harsh about the wonders of reality itself to seek more "beyond".

I don't think it is in the nature of most people to sense such things and therefore not in their nature to believe them. Suspect it's always been this way.

I'm actually skeptical about most paranormal/supernatural/yada-yada stuff my self, even though I've had various experiences with "it" on and off since childhood. Often people who believe such things are real or possible even say that I'm too skeptical because I don't offer all-in, immediate acknowledgment for all things mysterious, mystical, strange, spooky. Sometimes things do go past simplest explanations and safest boundaries of sanity. We usually just move on and subconsciously bury it...or plainly ignore or reject it if not our personal experience.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
I don't think it is in the nature of most people to sense such things and therefore not in their nature to believe them. Suspect it's always been this way.

I'm actually skeptical about most paranormal/supernatural/yada-yada stuff my self, even though I've had various experiences with "it" on and off since childhood. Often people who believe such things are real or possible even say that I'm too skeptical because I don't offer all-in, immediate acknowledgment for all things mysterious, mystical, strange, spooky. Sometimes things do go past simplest explanations and safest boundaries of sanity. We usually just move on and subconsciously bury it...or plainly ignore or reject it if not our personal experience.

I wish your summation may eventually prove to be true, but today is not that day. :)

Three in Four Americans Believe in Paranormal

Sees

Dragonslayer
The APA manual of style is the American Psychological Association style of documentation.

Yeah, I've used it - most Pagans have degrees ;)

Was it a hint that you feel this topic is wacky or deals with psychological issues?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Most likely figments of imagination.

Definitely possible and probable for individual cases, not sure as a lump sum.

I can remember a night I was on duty, looking out a couple hundred yards away, seeing an extremely dark figure the size of a child walking very strangely. Proportions weren't really correct for upper and lower body or length of neck. I looked away a few times, pinched my self a few times, debated with my self whether or not to go closer or call out to him/her/it. I don't know if this was my own experience with "shadow people" and don't claim anything about it. Definitely not ordinary and I'm not that crazy :D

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Definitely possible and probable for individual cases, not sure as a lump sum.

True, and in fact I don't make that assumption...thing is, the 'shadow people' phenomena seem very inclusive in nature to what might happen when something is just out of ones sight...the dark somewhat formless 'beings' that don't stick round long enough to be identified as humanoid in form.. now I could be wrong with the length of time most of these occurrences are obverved, however to my understanding they don't seem very identifiable.

could be wrong here, but the stores I've heard did not seem very "for sure" sightings. I think a walking figure might not even be a "shadow person" if viewed in darkness, either. If viewed in lighter conditions then yes, I would classify it as such.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I wish your summation may eventually prove to be true, but today is not that day. :)

Three in Four Americans Believe in Paranormal

Thanks for the link - been checking it out little by little. It's fascinating to consider what factors are most involved in people's belief or acceptance as possibly or probably being real when it comes to this stuff. Experience, trusted opinions/statements, what we hope to be true or fear being true, nature's/evolution's sensory glitches, etc. It would certainly be easiest to denounce them all if within our nature. Not that people willing to take advantage of our general good will, ignorance, and fear would suddenly go away.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim

Yes, I have had this experience. Two apparently solid but featureless entities of complete black were standing outside my bedroom door looking directly at me for about ten to twenty seconds. The hallroom light was on, which lit up the area behind where they were standing (so this wasn't just some vague shape in the dark) after a few moments of looking at them I state the names of my younger sister and cousin as they were in their likeness. (The outline of their body shapes resembled them) at which they both dash at me incredibly fast and the moment we would have collided they vanish.

According to my mother, I would frequently wake up screaming when we were in that house (it was a temporary rental property) I was somewhat young and I don't remember a whole lot about that time. But after we left, nightmares were never such an issue for me again. She thinks there was something in that house.

Last edited by a moderator: