• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shalom to all

Smart3

Slave of R'hllor
Shalom

I usually go by Smart online (especially in forums and in games), but you are free to refer to me as Reuven as well.

While I identify with the following quote, I was in fact raised Fundamentalist Christian and take a deep interest in Judaism. (the religion of my forefathers)

“I have never, in all my life, not for one moment, been tempted toward religion of any kind. The fact is that I feel no spiritual void. I have my philosophy of life, which does not include any aspect of the supernatural and which I find totally satisfying. I am, in short, a rationalist and believe only that which reason tells me is so.” - Isaac Asimov

______

I am however deeply interested in comparative religion & comparative mythology. I've ran an Interfaith group for six years now, we meet on Google Hangouts as we found that platform more practical than Paltalk or ICHC. We get people of all faiths and paths, and some like me who don't have an an active belief but are fascinated by the whole spectacle of religion.

I also am a student and friend of Dr. Robert M. Price, The Bible Geek and am therefore interested in Biblical Criticism/Higher Criticism/Historical Jesus studies.

TLDR?
Religion: none (Ignostic) - with Jewish and Christian influence
Politics: Libertarian, favorable to Anarcho-Capitalism but willing to work within the current system to protect civil liberties, promote peace and end the war on drugs.

Private message me if you're interested in the aforementioned Interfaith hangouts.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Have some welcome treats I found by the side of the road.....
kkdonuts.jpg

Reactions: Rex

Smart3

Slave of R'hllor
Thanks everyone.

I make an introduction and the entire site changes appearance. I take full credit. lol. :)