• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sharing your faith

howdedoo

Have you ever shared your faith with someone else and been successful? I would like to know how you shared your faith with others and why you think they accepted. Thanks! -Howdedoo

Bishka

Veteran Member
Not really, I've just been as good as an example as I can to my friends and let them make their own choices.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Sure... I have converted dozens of people to Jesus. I use only TWO approaches...

The Andrew method: "Come and see!"

And Jesus' preferred method: "They will know you are my disciples by the love you have for one another."

Be a friend... a true friend. You don't need to preach. You don't need to cajole. If your love is sincere they will be asking to be just like you.

Myst

I have talked about my faith to a lot of people (cuz well thats what i do, but i talk to them if they ask me about it) and then some have got confused cuz my faith isn't really ONE but a mixture of several but a lot of people have expressed desrires to learn more and I know a few have chosen paganism after talking to me. I think they did that cuz they were already interested in it and i just answered questions for them

nutshell

howdedoo said:
Have you ever shared your faith with someone else and been successful? I would like to know how you shared your faith with others and why you think they accepted. Thanks! -Howdedoo

One thing we must remember is we don't convert people or bring them to Christ. Only the Spirit can do that. We might be a tool in God's hands, but it's the Spirit that does the true teaching Spirit to spirit, not us in the flesh.

standing_alone

Does my two-year religious mission to Japan count?

No! Two years?! Come on!:p Nah, that's got to count for something. That's pretty cool. Must be very dedicated to your faith to go on a two year mission. I admire that. :clap

I've explained to people why I believe God probably doesn't exist, but it doesn't really bother me - and when I talk to people about religious stuff, it's not to try to convert people over to me and them trying to convert me over to them. We're more into just sharing ideas about things.

nutshell

standing_alone said:
No! Two years?! Come on!:p Nah, that's got to count for something. That's pretty cool. Must be very dedicated to your faith to go on a two year mission. I admire that. :clap

I've explained to people why I believe God probably doesn't exist, but it doesn't really bother me - and when I talk to people about religious stuff, it's not to try to convert people over to me and them trying to convert me over to them. We're more into just sharing ideas about things.

Yes, there's a definite difference between a scholarly discussion and an investigative one.

may

nutshell said:
One thing we must remember is we don't convert people or bring them to Christ. Only the Spirit can do that. We might be a tool in God's hands, but it's the Spirit that does the true teaching Spirit to spirit, not us in the flesh.
nice one , draw close to God and he will draw close to you

blueman

God's Warrior
I've shared my faith with many people in the past and what I understand and realize is we need to depend on the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us when you share the faith with people. Remember, it is not you or I who are saving, but it is God and He should be the one receiving the glory. We must be aware that we need to the let the Spririt lead and plant the seed, God will do the rest, sometimes at that moment, others times later down the line (and He may use someone else to pick up where you left off). :jiggy:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My faith is bizarre and anti-intuitive in the extreme. Anyone swallowing it is either a physicist, a user of hallucinogens or a bliss-ninny.