• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Short Stories

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Abu Bakr As-Seddeq: Verbal Abuse

Once, a person was verbally abusing Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) while the Prophet (peace be upon him) was curiously watching with a smile. After taking much abuse quietly, Abu Bakr responded to a few of his comments. At this, the Prophet exhibited his disapproval, got up and left. Abu Bakr caught up with the Prophet and wondered, 'O Messenger of Allaah, he was abusing me and you remained sitting. When I responded to him, you disapproved and got up.' The Messenger of Allaah responded, 'There was an angel with you responding to him. When you responded to him, Satan took his place.' He then said ..

'O Abu Bakr, there are three solid truths: If a person is wronged and he forbears it (without seeking revenge) just for the sake of Allah almighty, Allah will honour him and give him the upper hand with His help; if a person opens a door of giving gifts for cementing relationships with relatives, Allah will give him abundance; and, if a person opens a door of seeking charity for himself to increase his wealth, Allah will further reduce his wealth.'

Reported from Abu Huraira in Mishkaah and Musnad Ahmad.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
In Shawwal (in the last of May or in the beginning of June 619 A.D.), ten years after receiving his mission from his Lord, the Prophet (peace be upon him) set out towards At-Taa'if, about 60 kilometres from Makkah, in the company of his freed slave Zaid bin Haritha inviting people to Islam. But contrary to his expectations, the general atmosphere was terribly hostile. He approached the family of 'Umair, who were reckoned amongst the nobility of the town. But, to his disappointment, all of them turned deaf ear to his message and used abusive language as regards the noble cause he had been striving for..

Three brothers from the chieftains of Thaqeef -'Abd Yaleel, Mas'ud and Habeeb - sons of 'Amr bin 'Umair Ath-Thaqafy met the Prophet (peace be upon him), who invited them to embrace Islam and worship Allah, but they impudently jeered at him and refused his invitation.

"He is tearing the cloths of Al-Ka'bah; is it true that Allah has sent you as a Messenger?" said one of them. "Has not Allah found someone else to entrust him with His Message?" said the second. "I swear by Allah that I will never have any contact with you. If you are really the Messenger of Allah, then you are too serious to retort back; and if you are belying Allah, then I feel it is imperative not to speak to." said the third. The Messenger of Allah, (peace be upon him) finding that they were hopeless cases, stood up and left them saying: "Should you indulge in these practices of yours, never divulge them to me."

For ten days he stayed there delivering his message to several people, one after another, but all to no purpose. Stirred up to hasten the departure of the unwelcome visitor, the people hooted him through the alley-ways, pelted him with stones and obliged him to flee from the city pursued by a relentless rabble. Blood flowed down both his legs; and Zaid, endeavouring to shield him, was wounded in the head. The mob did not desist until they had chased him two or three miles across the sandy plains to the foot of the surrounding hills. There, wearied and exhausted, he took refuge in one of the numerous orchards, and rested against the wall of a vineyard. At a time when the whole world seemed to have turned against him, Muhammad (peace be upon him) turned to his Lord and betook himself to prayer and the following touching words are still preserved as those through which his oppressed soul gave vent to its distress. He was weary and wounded but confident of the help of his Lord:

"O Allah! To You alone I make complaint of my helplessness, the paucity of my resources and my insignificance before mankind. You are the most Merciful of the mercifuls. You are the Lord of the helpless and the weak, O Lord of mine! Into whose hands would You abandon me: into the hands of an unsympathetic distant relative who would sullenly frown at me, or to the enemy who has been given control over my affairs? But if Your wrath does not fall on me, there is nothing for me to worry about."
"I seek protection in the light of Your Countenance, which illuminates the heavens and dispels darkness, and which controls all affairs in this world as well as in the Hereafter. May it never be that I should incur Your wrath, or that You should be wrathful to me. And there is no power nor resource, but Yours alone."

Seeing him in this helpless situation, Rabi'a's two sons, wealthy Makkans, were moved on grounds of kinship and compassion, and sent to him one of their Christian servants with a tray of grapes. The Prophet (peace be upon him) accepted the fruit with pious invocation: "In the Name of the Allah." The Christian servant 'Addas was greatly impressed by these words and said: "These are words which people in this land do not generally use." The Prophet (peace be upon him) inquired of him whence he came and what religion he professed. 'Addas replied: "I am a Christian by faith and come from Nineveh." The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said: "You belong to the city of the righteous Jonah, son of Matta." 'Addas asked him anxiously if he knew anything about Jonah. The Prophet (peace be upon him) significantly remarked: "He is my brother. He was a Prophet and so am I." Thereupon 'Addas paid homage to Muhammad (peace be upon him) and kissed his hands. His masters admonished him at this act but he replied: "None on the earth is better than he is. He has revealed to me a truth which only a Prophet can do." They again reprimanded him and said: "We forewarn you against the consequences of abandoning the faith of your forefathers. The religion which you profess is far better than the one you feel inclined to."

Heart-broken and depressed, Muhammad (peace be upon him) set out on the way back to Makkah. When he reached Qarn Al-Manazil, Allah, the Almighty sent him Gabriel together with the angel of mountains. The latter asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) for permission to bury Makkah between Al-Akhshabain -Abu Qubais and Qu'ayqa'an mountains. Full narration of this event was given by 'Aishah - may Allah be pleased with her - (the Prophet's spouse). She said: "I asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) if he had ever experienced a worse day than Uhud. He answered that he had suffered a lot from those people (the idolaters) but the most painful was on the day of 'Aqabah. I went seeking support from Ibn 'Abd Yalil bin 'Abd Kalal, but he spurned me. I set out wearied and grieved heedless of anything around me until I suddenly realized I was in Qarn Ath-Tha'alib, called Qarn Al-Manazil. There, I looked up and saw a cloud casting its shade on me, and Gabriel addressing me: Allah has heard your people's words and sent you the angel of mountains to your aid. The latter called and gave me his greetings and asked for my permission to bury Makkah between Al-Akhshabain, the two mountains flanking Makkah. I said in reply that I would rather have someone from their loins who will worship Allah, the All-Mighty with no associate." A concise meaningful answer fully indicative of the Prophet's matchless character and the fathomless magnanimous manners.

From AR-RaheeQ Al-Makhtum (THE SEALED NECTAR)- Memoirs of the Noble Prophet (pbuh)
Author: Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri
Translated by : Issam Diab

Peace be upon you my dear Prophet, I sacrifice myself, my family and all that I possess for your sake!!!

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Saad bin Abi Waqas (may Allah be pleased with him) had accepted Islam as a young boy; this disturbed and saddened his mother very deeply because he had given up the faith of his father and forefathers. She tried in many ways to bring him back into the fold of Kufr. When nothing worked she used the last resort of mothers to emotionally blackmail her obedient and loving son. This is something, which makes their determination falter and their resolutions fail. She went on a hunger strike and declared she would not eat until her son came back to the religion of his forefathers. She vowed that rather die than see her son become a Muslim..

Saad bin Abi Waqas (may Allah be pleased with him) was unnerved when he saw her stubbornness, but pure faith had taken strong roots in his heart, so his strong feet firmly planted in Islam did not totter. His mother was close to death by starvation and thirst. Displaying strong determination and courage he said to her:

“My mother, if you had a hundred lives within you body, and each one of those hundred lives were to leave your body in front of my eyes, even then I would not recant and give up my faith in Islam. It is your wish whether you want to eat or not; as to myself I will not leave my Prophet peace be upon him.”

Seeing that it was of no use and her son was stubborn as a rock, she finished her hunger strike. This resolution and determination of Sa’d bin Abi Waqas (may Allah be pleased with him) had been made immortal:

“But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.” (31:15)

From Commanders of The Muslim Army By Mahmood Ahmad Ghandanfar

PHOTOTAKER

i like the stories, even know i am not of your faith. it saddens me that so many would take such nice words and use them to do evil. thank you for sharing...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Bilaal was an Abyssinian from the black race. His destiny made him a slave of some people of the tribe of Jum’ah in Makkah, where his mother was one of their slave girls. He led the life of a slave whose bleak days were alike and who had no right over his day and no hope for his tomorrow.
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) and the Holy religion of Islam made this weak Abyssinian slave a teacher to all humanity in the art of faith and defending it with whatever it takes..

When Bilaal’s owners found out he had embraced the religion of Islam, they took him out in the midday heat when the desert sand turned into burning hell. They would throw him naked on its scorching rocks and bring a burning hot rock, which took several men to lift from its place, and throw it onto his body and chest. This savage torture was repeated every day until the hearts of some of his executioners took pity on him. Finally, they agreed to set him free on condition that he would speak well of their gods, even with only one word that would allow them to keep their pride so that the tribe of Quraish would not say they had been defeated and humiliated by the resistance of their slave.

But even this one word, which he could pretend to eject from his heart and with it buy his life and soul without losing his faith or abandoning his conviction, Bilaal refused to say. Indeed, he refused to say it and began to repeat his lasting chant instead: "The One...The One!" (Allah is the One and Only God). His torturers shouted at him, imploring him, "Mention the name of Al-Laat and Al-'Uzzaa." But he answered, "The One…The One." They said to him, "Say as we say." But he answered them with remarkable mockery and sarcasm, "Indeed my tongue is not good at that."
So Bilaal remained in the melting heat and under the weight of the heavy rock, and by sunset they raised him up and put a rope around his neck. Then they ordered their boys to take him around the hills and streets of Makkah. Bilaal's tongue did not mention anything other than his holy chant, "The One...The One."
When the night overtook them, they began bargaining with him, "Tomorrow, speak well of our gods, say, `My lord is Al-Laat and Al `Uzzaa,' and we'll leave you alone. We are tired of torturing you as if we are the tortured ones." But he shook his head and said, "The One...The One." So, Umayah Ibn Khalaf, his master, kicked him and exploded with exasperating fury, and shouted, "What bad luck has thrown you upon us, O slave of evil? By Al-Laat and Al-'Uzzaa, I'll make you an example for slaves and masters." But Bilaal answered with the holy greatness and certainty of a believer, "The One...The One."
And he who was assigned to play the role of a sympathizer returned to talking and bargaining. He said "Take it easy, Umayah. By Al-Laat, he will not be tortured again. Bilaal is one of us and his mother is our slave girl. He will not be pleased to talk about and ridicule us because of his Islam." But Bilaal gazed at their lying cunning faces, and his mouth slackened like the light of dawn. He said with a calmness that shook them violently, "The One...The One."
It was the next day and midday approached. Bilaal was taken to the sun-baked ground. He was patient, brave, firm, and expecting the reward in the Hereafter.
Abu Bakr Al-Seddeeq went to them while they were torturing him and shouted at them, "Are you killing a man because he says, `Allah is my Lord?" Then he shouted at Umayah lbn khalaf, "Take more than his price and set him free." It was as if Umayah were drowning and had caught a lifeboat. It was to his liking and he was very much pleased when he heard Abu Bakr offering the price of Bilaal’s freedom, since they had despaired of crushing him. And since they were merchants, they realized that selling him was more profitable to them than killing him.
They sold him to Abu Bakr, and he emancipated him immediately. Bilaal took his place among free men. When Al- Seddeeq put his arm round Bilaal, rushing with him to freedom, Umayah said to him, "Take him, for by Al-Laat and Al-' Uzzaa if you had refused to buy him except for one ounce of gold, I would have sold him to you." Abu Bakr realized the bitterness and disappointment hidden in these words. It was appropriate not to answer, but because they violated the dignity of this man who had become his brother and his equal, he answered Umayah saying, "By Allah, if you had refused to sell him except for a hundred ounces, I would have paid it." He departed with his companion to the Messenger of Allah, giving him news of his liberation, and there was a great celebration.

Source:"Men Around the Messenger(pbuh)." By Khalid Muhammad Khalid.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
A Sahabi (Companion) came to the Prophet peace be upon him and complained of hunger and distress. Just then, the Prophet had nothing in hand, or in his home to feed him. He asked the Sahabah:

"Would anybody entertain him as a guest tonight on my behalf?..."

One of the Ansaar (Helpers) said: "0, Prophet of Allah, I will do that."

The Ansari took the person to his house and instructed his wife:

"Look here, this man is a guest of the Prophet. We will entertain him as best as we can, and won't spare anything in doing so."

The wife replied:

"By Allah! I have got no food in the house, except a very little—something just enough for the children."

The Ansari said:

"You lull the children to sleep without feeding them, while I sit with the guest over the meager meal. When we start eating, put out the lamp pretending to set it right, so that the guest may not become aware of my not sharing the meal with him."

The scheme worked out nicely, and the whole family, including the children, stayed hungry to enable the guest to eat to his fill. It was over this incident that Allah revealed the verse:

"They prefer others above themselves, even though poverty become their lot (LIX: 9)."

Judgement Day

This is a great thread, Peace. Mind if I join in?

JUST P.U.S.H!

dot.gif
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and the Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down; his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "you have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved." Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this?" "Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what he planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My Servant, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard.

Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. Now I, my servant, will move the rock." At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong ... just P.U.S.H!

When the job gets you down ... just P.U.S.H!

When people don't react the way you think they should ... just P.U.S.H!

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due ... just P.U.S.H!

When people just don't understand you ... just P.U.S.H!

P + U + S + H = Pray + Until + Something + Happens

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis8.asp#push

Judgement Day

Prepare for Death. It can strike anytime

One day, Prophet Sulayman (as), with the staff in his land, was viewing the kingdom around him, when he saw a young man approaching him. He was surprised and asked him, "Who are you and who gave you permission to enter the palace?"

The visitor replied, "I have come in with the permission of Allah (swt), the owner of the universe. I am the angel of death and Allah has sent me to take your life away."
Prophet Sulayman (as) said, "Then allow me to go home to prepare for death and rest on my bed". The Angel said: "No".

While Prophet Sulayman (as) stood leaning on his staff, his soul left him. His body remained standing for such a long time that the people and the Jinn's believed him to have become a spirit or a magician. They carried on with the work entrusted to them by Prophet Sulayman (as), until Allah (swt) caused the ants to eat away the staff he was leaning on and his body fell to the ground. Prophet Sulayman (as) ruled for forty years and died at the age of fifty-three.

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/prophets1.asp

Here's a related video of the sudden death of a soccer player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLjuoitKARY&search=sudden%20death%20soccer%20player

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Judgement Day said:
This is a great thread, Peace. Mind if I join in?

JUST P.U.S.H!

dot.gif
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and the Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down; his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "you have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved." Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this?" "Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what he planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My Servant, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard.

Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. Now I, my servant, will move the rock." At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong ... just P.U.S.H!

When the job gets you down ... just P.U.S.H!

When people don't react the way you think they should ... just P.U.S.H!

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due ... just P.U.S.H!

When people just don't understand you ... just P.U.S.H!

P + U + S + H = Pray + Until + Something + Happens

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis8.asp#pushhttp://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis8.asp#push
http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis8.asp#push

Salamu 'alaikum brother JD,

Great story:clap thank you for joining in and sharing it. You are welcome to join in all the times, for this is not my thread but everybody's :)

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
One time a scholar asked one of his students, "You have spent a long time with me, what have you learned?"
He said I learned eight things:
First, I looked to the creation. Everyone has a loved one. When he goes to the grave, he leaves his loved one. Therefore, I made my loved one my good deeds; that way, they will be with me in the grave.
Second, I looked to the verse, "But as for him who feared to stand before his Lord and restrained his soul from lust," therefore, I struggled against my desires so I could stay obeying Allah.
Third, I saw that if anyone has something with him that is worth something, he will protect it. Then I thought about the verse,"That which you have is wasted away; and that which is with Allah remains," therefore, everything worth something with me I devoted to Him so it would be with Him for me.
Fourth, I saw the people seeking wealth, honor and positions and it was not worth anything to me. Then I thought about Allah's words, "Lo, the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the most aware of Allah", so I did my best to become aware of Allah in order to gain nobility in his sight.
Fifth, I saw the people being jealous towards each other and I looked at the verse, "We have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of the world", so I left jealousy.
Sixth, I saw the people having enmity and I thought about the verse, "Lo, the devil is an enemy for you, so take him as an enemy", so I left enmity and I took the Satan as my only enemy.
Seventh, I saw them debasing themselves in search of sustenance and I thought about the verse, "And there is not a beast in the earth but the sustenance thereof depends on Allah", so I kept myself busy with my responsibilities toward Him and I left my property with Him.
Eighth, I found them relying on their business, buildings and health and I thought about the verse, "And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, He will suffice him", therefore, I put my trust only on Allah.
Translated by: Jamal Zarabozo
If you want the Rainbow, you got to put up with the rain....

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Ibraheem ibn Adham was approached by a man who wanted to stop his sins. He asked for advice that will help him realize the consequences of his actions. He was told:

If you want to disobey Allah, you can, in 5 cases:

1- If you want to disobey Allah, then don't eat from His rizq (provision.)
The man said: Then where am I to eat when every provision is from Allah?

Ibraheem said: O such a person! Is it honorable and good to disobey Allah, and eat from His provision?
The man said: give me the second one.

2- If you want to disobey Allah, then do not live on Allah's property.
The man said: Then where am I to live if not on Allah's property?

Ibraheem said: Is it good then, to eat from His provision, live on His property, and disobey Him?
The man said: Give me the third one.

3- If you want to disobey Allah, then disobey Him in a place where He will not see you.
The man said: How am I to do this when He not only sees what others see, but what is in the hearts?

Ibraheem said: o you such a person, how do you eat from His provision, live on His property, and disobey Him openly?
The man said: Give me the fourth one.

4- If you want to disobey Allah, when the Angel of Death comes to you, tell him to come back later, after you repent.
The man said: He will not accept this from me!

Ibraheem said: O you such a person, when you cannot delay death, how do you expect a savior?
The man said: Give me the fifth.

5- If you want to disobey Allah, then after death comes to you, on the Day of Judgement, when the Angels of Hell come to drag you into Hell, refuse to go with them.
The man said: They will not accept that from me!

Ibraheem said: Then how do you expect to be saved?
The man said: Enough! Enough! I seek forgiveness in Allah and make tawbaah (I repent)!
He made sincere tawbaah, and left all his acts of disobedience, and he died in such a state.

Judgement Day

Peace said:
Salamu 'alaikum brother JD,

Great story:clap thank you for joining in and sharing it. You are welcome to join in all the times, for this is not my thread but everybody's :)
Wa'alykum Salam Warahmatullah Wabarokatooh,

Thats awesome! :) I realize that I wanted to post stories of the occurrences that happened at the time of the Prophets...but I could not find any...I've read a lot of them though, I just couldn't remember. So I thought that moral stories should also do thingy too. So, here I go once again:

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over
5 Crore children start playing tennis,
50 Lakh learn to play tennis,
5 Lakh learn professional tennis,
50,000 come to the circuit,
5000 reach the grand slam,
50 reach Wimbledon,
4 to semi final,
2 to the finals,

When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?"
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"
Be thankful to GOD for 98% of good things in life.

http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/mis16.asp#true

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Once the Prophet peace be upon him related that there were three men from the Banu Isra'eel. One of them was a leper, the other bald, and the third blind. Allah the Almighty wanted to test them, so He sent an angel to them. The angel first went to the leper and asked him: "What would you like best?" He replied: "I would like a nice complexion, a beautiful skin, and that this sickness goes away from me whereby people do not allow me to sit with them and which they hate." The angel passed his hand over the body of that person. He was immediately cured and a nice skin and beautiful complexion appeared. The angel then asked him: "What type of wealth do you like the most?" He replied: "Camels." So he gave him a pregnant camel and told him: "May Allah Ta'ala give you barakah in this."

The angel then went to the bald person and asked him: "What would you like best?" He replied: "That my hair grows nicely and that this sickness which people dislike goes away from me!" The angel passed his hand over his head, he was immediately cured and beautiful hair began to grow. He then asked him: "What type of wealth do you like the most?" He replied: "Cows." So he gave him a pregnant cow and told him: "May Allah Ta'ala give you barakah in this."

Eventually, the angel went to the blind person and asked him: "What would you like most?" He replied: "That Allah gives me back my sight so that I may be able to see everyone." The angel passed his hand over his eyes and Allah gave him back his sight. He then asked him: "What type of wealth do you like the most?" He replied: "Goats."

So he was given a pregnant goat. The animals of all three delivered their babies. In a short time, the jungle was filled with his camels, his cows, and his goats. Thereafter, under the orders of Allah Ta'ala, that angel went in his previous form to the leper and said to him: "I am a poor person. All my provisions for my journey are finished. Today I have no means of reaching home except through Allah and then through your help. In the name of that Allah who has blessed you with a nice skin and a beautiful complexion, I ask you for a camel which I could ride and reach my home." He replied: "Get far away from here! I have a lot of other commitments to fulfil. I do not have anything to spare which I could give you." The angel said: "I think I recognize you. Were you not a leper, for which people despised you? Were you not very poor, and then Allah blessed you with so much of wealth?" He replied: "What are you talking? I inherited this wealth from my ancestors." The angel said: "If you are lying, may Allah return you as you were before."

The angel then went to the bald person in his previous form and asked him the same questions and he also replied in the same way. So the angel said to him: "If you are lying, may Allah return you as you were before."

Eventually he went to the blind person in that same original form and said to him: "I am a traveller and all my provisions are finished. Today I have no means except Allah and then you. In the name of that Being who returned to you your eye-sight, I ask you for a goat with which I could do my work and complete my journey." He replied: "Without doubt, I was blind. It was only out of His mercy that Allah Ta'ala gave me back my eye-sight. Take as much as you want and leave behind as much as you want. By Allah, I will not stop you from taking anything." The angel replied: "Keep your wealth with you, I do not want anything. I had only come to test you three. Now the test is over. Allah is pleased with you and displeased with the other two."

Lesson: Just imagine, that because of the ungratefulness of those two, all those bounties were taken away and they were left as they were before. Allah became displeased with them and they are forsaken both in this world and in the hereafter. Due to his gratefulness, that person's bounties remained intact, Allah was pleased with him, and he is contented both in this world and in the hereafter.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"There was a companion of the king who visited him all the time. He would sit beside him and say, 'Treat the good-doer with good and don't treat the evil-doer with evil for his evil will be sufficient for him.' Another man envied his position with the king and his good speech. The envious man came to the king and related: 'Your companion that sits beside you claimed that you had a bad smell.' The king inquired, 'But how can I verify this?' The man replied, 'Call him to you. He will put his hand on his nose as he gets closer to you.' The king said, 'Leave, and I will see! ' This man left the king and invited the king's companion to a meal that he had placed much garlic in.

The companion ate and then went to the king as usual and said, 'Treat the good-doer with good and don't treat the evil-doer with evil, for his evil will be sufficient for him.' The king said to him, 'Get closer to me!' The man moved closer, and placed his hand over his mouth so that the king would not smell the odor of garlic. The king thought to himself, 'That man was truthful.' The king then hand-wrote a letter and gave it to the companion. The king never wrote anything unless he wanted to give someone a prize or gift.

But this letter was written to one of his administrators and contained the following message: 'When the bearer of this letter comes to you, slaughter him and skin him. Then fill his skin with straw and send him back to me.' Later, the envious man met the companion on his way and asked, 'What is this letter?' The companion replied, 'The king has given me a gift.' The envious man asked, 'Would you give it to me.' The other companion said, 'It's yours.' The envious man took it and went to the administrator. The administrator said to him, 'This letter is a command from the king to slaughter you and skin you.' The envious man announced, 'This letter is not mine. I beseech you in the Name of Allah to check with the king before you do anything.' The administrator informed him that there would be no changes to what the king had written. Then he slaughtered him, skinned him, filled his skin with straw, and sent him back to the king.

In the meantime, the companion returned to the king as usual. The king was shocked and demanded, 'What happened to the letter?' He said, 'So-and-so met me and asked me for it, so I gave it to him.' The king then challenged, 'Have you said that I have a bad smell?' The man rebutted, 'No! ' So the king asked, 'Then why did you place your hand over your mouth?' The man answered, 'So-and-so provided me with food that had much garlic in it and I hated that you might smell it.' The king declared, 'You are truthful. The evil of the evildoer is sufficient for him.'"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
A young man, a student in one of the universities, was one day taking a walk with a Professor, who was commonly called the student's friend, from his kindness to those who waited on his instructions.

As they went along,they saw lying in the path a pair of old shoes, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by,and who had nearly finished his day's work.

The student turned to the professor, saying: "Let us play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them."

"My young friend," answered the professor, "we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him."

The student did so and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.

While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes, but feeling something hard, he stooped down to feel what it was, and found the coin. Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance. He gazed upon the coin, turned it around, and looked at it again and again.

He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen. He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to the heavens and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving in which he spoke of his wife who was sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from some unknown hand,would save from perishing.

The student stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. "Now," said the professor, are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?"

The youth replied, "You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I feel now the truth of these words, which I never understood before: "It's more blessed to give than to receive."

Abdullah bin Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said that encouraging good, prohibiting evil, lifting the burden of the weak person and removing an offensive thing from a path are all acceptable prayers to Allah.
[ibn Majah]

Cordoba

That's a very nice story, Peace.

<< It's more blessed to give than to receive >>

That's very true. But unfortunately most of the time we don't think that way !

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Cordoba said:
That's a very nice story, Peace.

<< It's more blessed to give than to receive >>

That's very true. But unfortunately most of the time we don't think that way !

You're right. May Allah enable us to give more and more for His own sake and take miserliness out from our hearts.

Peace