• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should i be worried....?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I am not sure what you mean here, but I will take a stab at it
Jesus did what he was told by his Father, and w/o ?
No one except a fictional son could behave perfectly. I could want to say if I were the fictional Son, I would want to be perfect yet I could not be perfect on my own.
So the only way I see is a pefect Son had to be born here to earth to accomplish the task of perfection, yet in this this Son coming to earth had to come in the flesh, yet it could not be after the simultude of Adam.
Hopefully I answered what you are asking, Thanks
sunshineydays

ok i see where you are going, but it isn't what i was eluding to...
i'm sorry i should have been more clear.

when i asked
why would it be strange if my fictional son behaved that way and not a strange behavior in real life?
i was eluding to the believers faith...believing and doing what one believes god is telling them through this book through faith, without question...which is exactly what the god of the bible is asking believers to do...so why would it be strange if my son did everything i asked him to hypothetically, and not strange in practical real life terms?

ok i see where you are going, but it isn't what i was eluding to...
i'm sorry i should have been more clear.

when i asked

i was eluding to the believers faith...believing and doing what one believes god is telling them through this book through faith, without question...which is exactly what the god of the bible is asking believers to do...so why would it be strange if my son did everything i asked him to hypothetically, and not strange in practical real life terms?

A believer would be strange to a non believer, yet the non believer would not be strange to a believer
sunshineydays

waitasec

Veteran Member
A believer would be strange to a non believer, yet the non believer would not be strange to a believer
sunshineydays

true. i've thought the same thing but my conclusion would lead me to think that it is because non belief is the default position

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
i don't know,
my son does everything i ask him to.

when i tell him to clean his room, he stops in his tracks and cleans his room without a peep.
when i ask him to do his homework, same thing...when i ask him to take an interest in playing the accordion, he's interested.
it feels as though my will became his.

you don't think my threat of throwing him in the fireplace for second guessing me has anything to do with it? :sarcastic

but i know there will be a down side to this...
right now he's little and easy to manipulate...but there will come a day when he won't be...

should i be worried?
Check under his hairline on the back of his neck, he may be an alien.

true. i've thought the same thing but my conclusion would lead me to think that it is because non belief is the default position

that makes sense, for the bible claims we are born into this world as a non believer, then growing up does not always help as we go through tradgedy after tradgedy. we all respond differantly to each good thing or bad thing that we experience. Everything that happens leaves a mark to some degree or another
Sunshineydays

outhouse

Atheistically
i don't know,
my son does everything i ask him to.

when i tell him to clean his room, he stops in his tracks and cleans his room without a peep.
when i ask him to do his homework, same thing...when i ask him to take an interest in playing the accordion, he's interested.
it feels as though my will became his.

you don't think my threat of throwing him in the fireplace for second guessing me has anything to do with it? :sarcastic

but i know there will be a down side to this...
right now he's little and easy to manipulate...but there will come a day when he won't be...

should i be worried?

Its a stage and sure to pass LOL :D

my 5 year old daughter drags her feet for most request, but she's a good kid. Hope she starts jumpin to! a little quicker.

waitasec

Veteran Member
that makes sense, for the bible claims we are born into this world as a non believer, then growing up does not always help as we go through tradgedy after tradgedy. we all respond differantly to each good thing or bad thing that we experience. Everything that happens leaves a mark to some degree or another
Sunshineydays

indeed it does.
:)

blackout

Violet.
I tell my kids,
clean up after yourSelves,
and pick up your room if you want friends over.
(I really don't need to deal with people's judgements)
This has to do with potential consequences of
(letting) others (into your life)
more than anything else.

Unfortunately for me,
my room sees no one but mySelf.:(
Out of necessity, I keep it all locked up.
So that motivation,
has no effect on me.

My house is my children's home, not mine.
Instead my children, are my home.
(wherever we might be)

Wherever there is nurturing, healthy, happy love,
there is heaven, there is home.

Beyond my children, I'm very lonely.
Sometimes my house is a hell (for me).
But it is my children's haven,
and they are my port, so.
I guess it has nothing at all to do with the thread,
or maybe it does,
but there you go.

Last edited: