• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should my mother have had me aborted?

Would it have been better for me and the world if my mother had aborted me?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My mom actually had an appointment to had me aborted. I still wonder if she should've went through with it. Anyway, you keep making this threads expressing your desire to die. It's up to you to decide what your life is worth, not us. Probably best to discuss it with a therapist.
I'm glad your mother kept you. :)
I discuss my desires with a therapist every Wednesday. I was just curious what the poll would look like on the topic

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
My mom actually had an appointment to had me aborted. I still wonder if she should've went through with it. Anyway, you keep making these threads expressing your desire to die. It's up to you to decide what your life is worth, not us. Probably best to discuss it with a therapist.

This played similarly with me.

My Mom only wanted a daughter, but instead had 3 boys instead.

But in my 20's she confessed to me that she was pregnant with a girl as a teenager, and had an abortion (about 4 or 5 years before she conceived me).

This toiled on my mind for many years. Irrationally I even thought that maybe part of the reason I was such a loser, was that I am the left over remnants of my aborted older sister.

It took many years for me to get a grip on these emotions. So I understand how you and Pope feel/felt.

Tmac

My foster mother informed me my mom was in med school when she was pregnant with me. It was recommended she should get an abortion. I told her she should have aborted me. I sometimes still wish I had been aborted. It might have been the lesser of two evils. But still would have been the killing of me. Maybe that would have been nice. But I've also known a lot of people who benefited from my existing.

I still have yet to see the day where I have firm conviction that it is good my mother chose life. So, I truly feel you pro-choicers.

Abortion always seemed like a compassionate approach to me. Believe it or not, this OP is actually more pro-choice than pro-life.

I was going to list my charges, but I read it is against the rules to talk about illegal activity. Let's just say I'm grateful I'm not a sex offender, but I've been to jail more than 13 times. I pray that wasn't against the rules and I love the Lord my MOD. :p

I have been to multiple psyche wards, foster care, group homes, crisis centers, and am schizoaffective bipolar and an addict. I have had a few jobs as janitor, multiple fast food places, and car detailer, but in 2017 I had a head injury and broke multiple bones in a suicide attempt, and it hurts a lot to stand for more than an hour, so I may not work again.

I say all these things to let you have reason to feel like I should have been aborted. As I said, I've always felt abortion was compassionate.

I don't feel it is a personal attack on me if you feel I'd be better off aborted. I see it rather as you speaking from compassion and what would be better for society.

I love liberals and I apologise for my sudden right-wing views and convictions. They came when I started praying the daily Rosary and going back to daily mass and felt visited and haunted by the spirits of aborted babies.

I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me for being this way. It is important to me that you give an honest answer and it isn't a personal attack. It is stating what you feel is charitable and best for society.

Best wishes and regards to you.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! God bless and enlighten us all! :)

With out knowing an existence with out you in it I can't really answer that question.

Forgive you for the way you are, what does that mean? I think the only thing I would have trouble forgiving you for is that if I were ever in need of your help and you choose to ignore me and even that is not a sure thing. Have you ever asked those that you somehow believe to be better or more worthy of life than you how they became who they are?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I chose not to have kids. That is the same as abortion in many ways. Its good though not to reproduce in some situations. For example if one has a genetic disorder that is hard to live with then I think its a decent choice. Let the children be born through someone with better genes. Whether to actually abort is a different kind of decision, because it involves questions about fetuses; but its still not reproducing.

DanielR

my mother should have aborted me too, I mean basically I was an accident, not a child of love or something

I know I shouldn't be here, but now I have to make the best out of it

merry Xmas lol :D:D

gnomon

Why does it matter?

In any event you are here now, regardless of what might have happened, so why does it matter to even ask the question.

The only question to be answered is what are you doing for yourself and others now that you are here.

Questioning the hard choices of the past doesn't really serve much.

I refuse to answer your poll.

It serves no purpose for others to vote on such a thing.