• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should RF have a Thelema DIR

DO you think RF should have a Thelema DIR

• Total voters

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
If someone (say like me) wanted to understand it, what book do you recommend is studied first, I know there is a Thoth book but I read beginners won't understand it.

The Book of Thoth is one of Crowley's more lucid texts.. whoever told you beginners wont understand it was being quite presumptive.

However if it is a bit much ... Understanding Crowleys Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette is THE beginners guide
Available on amazon.
Book of Thoth is online...
Tarot can be intuitive so dont be afraid to dive in.... one never stops learning and you have to start somewhere :)

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

The Book of Thoth is one of Crowley's more lucid texts.. whoever told you beginners wont understand it was being quite presumptive.

However if it is a bit much ... Understanding Crowleys Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette is THE beginners guide
Available on amazon.
Book of Thoth is online...
Tarot can be intuitive so dont be afraid to dive in.... one never stops learning and you have to start somewhere :)

Ok cool thanks, I just read reviews from people that said you have to read other Crowley books before you would understand the thoth book.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Ok cool thanks, I just read reviews from people that said you have to read other Crowley books before you would understand the thoth book.

Thoth was the first Crowley book I ever read and I found it fine... made me want to study qabala to understand the cards better.... takes a good few months of study... i recommend picking a card from the Major Arcarna daily and reading its meaning in the Book of Thoth.
This is a great way to start... do it until you've met every card... and note down if they start popping up more than once... often indicates you've got more to learn about that card...

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
fingers crossed

Thelema is such a vast all encompassing philosophy... that it would be an awesom resource for many many religions.

Even in the Thelemic community we argue with each other until we're blue in the face....
would be good to discuss ideas with people who aren't so invested as well as those who are :)