• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the Democrat Party be "eradicated politically" off of the voter poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Kind of defeats the whole point of voting if it's only one party, one voice, one mind.

All it takes is one look at countries like communist China or North Korea to see why.

North Korea is a hereditary dictatorship. With nothing at all to recommend it.

However China is far more complex. With the many region's for the most part autonomous under elected mayor's and the local party.
The whole system forms a very wide pyramid. With a number of layers of government with the party chairman at the summit.

However each layer and every person is elected. Including the chairman. There has never been a problem when it becomes time for the chairman to be replaced.

Unlike Trump who is still screaming and kicking.

China is a very large country, with many languages and racial traditions. Never the less the system they have developed over thousands of years. Is largely still the basis of the system used today. The communist party has never been more than a veneer hiding the traditional system, which is in most respects still a meritocracy as it has always been.

I doubt that many American politicians would be bright enough to even enter the lowest rungs of the Chinese government system.

They have always appreciated that corruption is inevitably the enemy of good government.
As a result, one of the top five at the pinnacle of government is responsible for weeding it out.
Corruption in all its forms is dealt with very severely when discovered. Unlike America it is dealt with directly and swiftly, no matter the seniority of the party member or wealth of an industrialist.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Some people might have the interesting, but rare perception that only Libertarians, Independents, People of No Political Affiliation, and Republicans can make "Good Decisions" on any political issues. However many Democrats claim that they make "Great Decisions" such as give 1/3 of your hard earned tax dollars back to the government, control by welfare, depopulating our planet through abortion, submitting yourself to climate agreements and carbon taxes, staying home, wearing a mask, gene therapy vaccines, and being a doormat for the World Economic Forum.
Are you mad? Or just making a bid for the "Tendentious Post of the Month" award?:grinning:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Kind of defeats the whole point of voting if it's only one party, one voice, one mind.

All it takes is one look at countries like communist China or North Korea to see why.

In a one party system you vote for the person not the party.
In most countries in the west, it is still possible to vote for independent or unaffiliated candidates.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
North Korea is a hereditary dictatorship. With nothing at all to recommend it.

However China is far more complex. With the many region's for the most part autonomous under elected mayor's and the local party.
The whole system forms a very wide pyramid. With a number of layers of government with the party chairman at the summit.

However each layer and every person is elected. Including the chairman. There has never been a problem when it becomes time for the chairman to be replaced.

Unlike Trump who is still screaming and kicking.

China is a very large country, with many languages and racial traditions. Never the less the system they have developed over thousands of years. Is largely still the basis of the system used today. The communist party has never been more than a veneer hiding the traditional system, which is in most respects still a meritocracy as it has always been.

I doubt that many American politicians would be bright enough to even enter the lowest rungs of the Chinese government system.

They have always appreciated that corruption is inevitably the enemy of good government.
As a result, one of the top five at the pinnacle of government is responsible for weeding it out.
Corruption in all its forms is dealt with very severely when discovered. Unlike America it is dealt with directly and swiftly, no matter the seniority of the party member or wealth of an industrialist.
Good work on putting a happy face on a Communist dictatorship!

Indeed, it is genuinely amazing what can be done once one has exterminated all opposition.

Then again, many here would like to see that extermination happen in western countries. Go team, eh?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Indeed, it is genuinely amazing what can be done once one has exterminated all opposition.

Then again, many here would like to see that extermination happen in western countries. Go team, eh?

It is impossible to suppose that the chairman of China's government makes even a tiny fraction of the decisions necessary to run such a vast country.

Throughout its long history China has always favoured a authoritarian government, it has known nothing else.
Just like in the west, most Chinese live. Very happy lives helped by a vastly superior infrastructure than exists in any western country.
With only a small fraction of the military spend of the USA. and they live in a far safer society. Which in almost all respects is based on free enterprise and personal investment. However even billionaires are limited to the proportion of money they may extract from their enterprises.
For instance 90% of Huawei is owned by its workforce and managed on their behalf by their union.
The founder of Alibaba. Was taken in by the authorities and not released until his position was regularised.

The primary interest of the state is the advancement and well-being of the Chinese people. This includes the success of its science, industry and commerce.

It seems to work very well.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

It is impossible to suppose that the chairman of China's government makes even a tiny fraction of the decisions necessary to run such a vast country.

Throughout its long history China has always favoured a authoritarian government, it has known nothing else.
Just like in the west, most Chinese live. Very happy lives helped by a vastly superior infrastructure than exists in any western country.
With only a small fraction of the military spend of the USA. and they live in a far safer society. Which in almost all respects is based on free enterprise and personal investment. However even billionaires are limited to the proportion of money they may extract from their enterprises.
For instance 90% of Huawei is owned by its workforce and managed on their behalf by their union.
The founder of Alibaba. Was taken in by the authorities and not released until his position was regularised.

The primary interest of the state is the advancement and well-being of the Chinese people. This includes the success of its science, industry and commerce.

If your actions harm the Chinese state, expect quick retribution.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The primary interest of the state is the advancement and well-being of the Chinese people.
LOL. Well, after they had killed off millions of people who got in the way of their brilliant plans.

This includes the success of its science, industry and commerce.
Only because the "free" world has had the unparalleled genius to finance the whole adventure.
Break the spirit of the people and business can continue unmolested! Win/win.
If your actions harm the Chinese state, expect quick retribution.
I have grown to expect this kind of thinking from those on the Left of political thought.

Individualism is directly at odds with collectivism. When people don't matter, the state becomes god.

Daemon Sophic

I have grown to expect this kind of thinking from those on the Left of political thought.

Individualism is directly at odds with collectivism. When people don't matter, the state becomes god.
Interestingly, I agree with your discussion and responses regarding the Chinese authoritarian government. However, these last two statements, in fact, remind me of the kind of thinking from those on the Right.

Individualism and freedom are directly opposed by the fascist plutocracy yearning to control the populace as puppets on strings. When individuals don’t matter, the state and their industrialist masters are gods.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interestingly, I agree with your discussion and responses regarding the Chinese authoritarian government. However, these last two statements, in fact, remind me of the kind of thinking from those on the Right.

Individualism and freedom are directly opposed by the fascist plutocracy yearning to control the populace as puppets on strings. When individuals don’t matter, the state and their industrialist masters are gods.
What an interesting perspective. Hmmmmm. You are, quite correct, as well. :)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
M
LOL. Well, after they had killed off millions of people who got in the way of their brilliant plans.

Only because the "free" world has had the unparalleled genius to finance the whole adventure.

Break the spirit of the people and business can continue unmolested! Win/win.

Under chairman Mao. In the early days of the communist state all what you suggest was true,

Today they are no more communist than the USA is.
Private enterprise is everywhere, It is said to be easier and with fewer restrictions to set up a business in China than in the USA.

It is true they treat dissidents and rioters. Very harshly indeed.

They do not have run down cities like the rust belt, everywhere you look you see new building and new infrastructure. Competition is fierce. Collectivism is a thing of the past.

It is true that their patent system if far shorter and less all embracing and gives less protection, than in the USA. However it encourages enterprise and competition far more than the American one.
Companies can not just stand by and profit from their past glories. And from the proceeds of court cases against their competitors. The American system blocks competition for many years. Even if others have pushed technology far further than the base patent.

One can eradicate organisations, but not political ideologies. I'm in favour of eradicating far right, reactionary, bigoted, anti-science, racist, anti-democratic, self-centred organisations in a supposed modern democratic society.

Some people might have the interesting, but rare perception that only Libertarians, Independents, People of No Political Affiliation, and Republicans can make "Good Decisions" on any political issues. However many Democrats claim that they make "Great Decisions" such as give 1/3 of your hard earned tax dollars back to the government, control by welfare, depopulating our planet through abortion, submitting yourself to climate agreements and carbon taxes, staying home, wearing a mask, gene therapy vaccines, and being a doormat for the World Economic Forum.
Thank you Darkstorn and The Hammer!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I got the feeling a fair number of people who supports things like this doesn't give two ***** what happens to this country now or down the road.

Thankfully, there are still some who still do of varying political affiliations who see the actual danger with all of this. To those people, I say a heartfelt thank you.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I got the feeling a fair number of people who supports things like this doesn't give two ***** what happens to this country now or down the road.

Thankfully, there are still some who still do of varying political affiliations who see the actual danger withis. To those people, I say a heartfelt thank you.

The USA would be well advised to clear out it's legal, political and financial systems and revisit it's constitution and start over again.
It's infrastructure is at the begging bowl level of Sustainability.
It is hard to imagine a worse systems for governing the largest economy in the world.

It seems that on the monetary front the USA's hegemony is on the verge of being broken . The recent acceptance by the world monetary fund, of debt repayments, by Argentina, in Chinese Yuan. Is a huge step change in the relative importance and hegemony of the dollar and the recognition of the importance of the Yuan in world trade.

On the other hand Brics is in the process of expanding its membership and has already broken though the monopoly of the petro dollar. And has moved a long way to re-establish the gold standard for currency transactions. The flight of many leading industrial nations from holding or buying US treasury bonds has further weakened both the dollar and the US hegemony over world trade.

Of course these change are not yet apparent on the domestic level in the USA, so most Americans are completely unaware of their coming financial disaster.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course these change are not yet apparent on the domestic level in the USA, so most Americans are completely unaware of their coming financial disaster.

It depends on where you sit within the United States. A lot of people at street level have been well aware for years (decades) of a certain unease in the air, but it's been the political elite who are the ones who are out of touch. The common people may not be aware of the details, though they know that something is not right and that they're not getting the straight story from the government or media.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It depends on where you sit within the United States. A lot of people at street level have been well aware for years (decades) of a certain unease in the air, but it's been the political elite who are the ones who are out of touch. The common people may not be aware of the details, though they know that something is not right and that they're not getting the straight story from the government or media.

The reality of the situation is suppressed by the government and the media. Who have their heads hurried in the sand.

You only have to compare the rising wealth at every level in society in the post war years., With the decline of the blue-collar and middle classes ever since.. the remaining wealth of the USA is exclusive to the super rich as their own.

What is coming is far worse.

Whateverist

How about we just agree to throw out of office every office every member of a party that is only willing to accept results of elections that go their way be thrown out of any office as shown by their seditious behavior? Too bad. We need a good Conservative Party but it has to have principles and accept the rule of law.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

"Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While use of the term started out as non-hostile, it has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators and third party politicians." - Wikipedia: Democrat Party (epithet)

Despite the shortcomings of the Democratic Party, I consider liberal Democrats to be less of a threat to freedom, liberty, and justice for all than MAGA-conservative Christian Republicans. For instance, Democrats are not threatening LGBTQ rights or fighting to control the reproductive choices of women. To be quite honest, some of the most hateful, obnoxious, and bigoted people I've ever met in my life are conservative Christians (MAGA Trump supporters). And I say that as a former conservative Christian myself. I can't recall how many times during the twenty-six years I was one that I had conflict with other conservative Christians over their abhorrent contempt for women, minorities, immigrants (documented or not), and LGBTQ individuals. For twenty-six years (1992–2018), I was a loyal conservative Christian and a registered Republican. I also grew up in a predominantly conservative Christian environment (home and town) before that and have known many conservative Christians over the years through church and in places I've lived. I'm quite familiar with them.

My family is overwhelmingly evangelical conservative Christians who firmly believe that Trump is a Christian and that God sent him to reclaim America. I'm now estranged from both sides of my family because of how they treated me while I was still a Christian and refused to support and vote for Trump. I have aunts, uncles, and cousins who have turned on me and talked about me behind my back. I was intentionally left out and not invited to our annual family reunion in the summer following Trump's election. I found out from a friend of the family that I wasn't invited to the reunion because my presence there would have upset everyone else. Unfortunately, the verbal abuse, the bullying, and the harassment increased substantially after I voted for Biden. I had to block the phone numbers of my relatives and former conservative friends, and I blocked a few of them on Facebook. But one of the worst experiences for me was having to call the police on my cousin because he threatened to physically hurt me after he found out that I voted for Biden. I've had conservative friends whom I've known for years turn their backs on me because I don't support Trump. I had to block their phone numbers and block them on Facebook.

And, lastly, I'm a former member of a Christian forum where the majority of the evangelicals genuinely believed and declared in their posts that Trump is a Christian, that God anointed him to reclaim America, and that God appointed him to purge America of liberals. When I initially voiced my objection to Trump in a response to one of these Christians, I was immediately and persistently disparaged, called derogatory names, and accused of not being a true Christian. I was called evil and godless, and I was constantly called a "demon rat." After I informed another member who was also being harassed for not supporting Trump that I had voted for Biden, the harassment intensified even more. I was accused of being demon-possessed and was told that was what caused me to vote for Biden. I was also spitefully reported by several members, which led to my being permanently banned without a warning. But when I reported the members who harassed me, I was told that I was the troublemaker, and I received a warning, not the members who degraded and harassed me. A staff member who secretly sympathized with me emailed me the day after I was banned to let me know about a thread where these members were gloating about how they got me and the other harassed user perma-banned. It was upsetting to read the scathing remarks about me and the other user.

We Never Know

No Slack
In a one party system you vote for the person not the party.
In most countries in the west, it is still possible to vote for independent or unaffiliated candidates.

IMO the only two elections in decades where people voted for a person instead of a party were 2016 and 2020. They voted for Trump more than the party.

Alien826

No religious beliefs

It's the Democratic party.

The rest of what you said is incorrect too.