• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should women rule the world?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Just listening to the radio. Jian Ghomeshi said he thinks the world would be a better place if women were in charge. Then he summed up the outraged response he got from angry men on twitter, swearing, calling him names, etc. He and his producer joked that kind of proves the point.

How about you? Do you think it would be better? Worse? How would it be different?

Happy international women's day!

I think that many women are capable leaders, but I have major problems with any system based on excluding a group of people from power.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Women have the capability to be great, or ******, rulers. Same as men.

So, in my opinion, the gender of the leader doesn't really matter; but their actions do. The world would be no better ,or worse, off if there where more women in charge.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Considering how our societies tend to resemble chimpanzee cultures in many ways, which are also male dominated, I think maybe if our cultures were female dominated, then perhaps our cultures would more resemble bonobo culture, which I don't see that many people having a real problem with, especially men once they realized how much sex they would get to have.

Aquitaine

Considering how our societies tend to resemble chimpanzee cultures in many ways, which are also male dominated, I think maybe if our cultures were female dominated, then perhaps our cultures would more resemble bonobo culture, which I don't see that many people having a real problem with, especially men once they realized how much sex they would get to have.

Elaborate the bold part pls :cool:

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
:tribal2: No I don't think they should control the world any more! It is time to rise up and throw off the evil oppressors!

^ Joke! (?)

V Not a Joke

:camp: Equality for men too!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Elaborate the bold part pls :cool:
Evolution: Library: Chimps And Bonobos
How did bonobos, which live in humid forests south of the Zaire River, evolve such a different social structure from chimpanzees since the two species split about 2 million years ago? Male dominance plays a big role in chimp society. Disputes are often resolved by threatening displays or by fighting. Female chimps lead a life much more solitary than that their bonobo cousins, and are sometimes harassed by the much larger males. Sex is strictly about reproduction, and reproductive tactics can include infanticide -- the killing of offspring unrelated to a male chimp. Infanticidal individuals remove potential competitors to their own offspring, and the mother, without an infant to care for, will become available for mating again much sooner.

In contrast, bonobo society is marked by the strong bonds that develop between unrelated females and by almost constant sexual activity amongst all members of a group. Bonobos apparently use sex to reinforce bonds within the group and to resolve conflict.
I see the complaints of a female-led world lasting no longer than an hour, if even that long.

Aquitaine

Evolution: Library: Chimps And Bonobos

I see the complaints of a female-led world lasting no longer than an hour, if even that long.

Good God if they use sexual activity to resolve conflicts and other issues within the group, then the Senate/Parliament of a female-run world would be nothing but a huge all-girl orgy. Presidential TV debates would be a lot more interesting too!

Oki-doki I'm all for Female rule now ;)

Alceste

Vagabond

Good God if they use sexual activity to resolve conflicts and other issues within the group, then the Senate/Parliament of a female-run world would be nothing but a huge all-girl orgy. Presidential TV debates would be a lot more interesting too!

Gosh, me too! :D

actually i think Women as leaders are more than capable and have proved to be so throughout history.
I'd agree with you. I think I remember reading about a small town in India which had handed over power to the women voluntarily by instituting laws to help more women get elected. Within a year they were turning a surplus of about 1 million US dollars (pretty good for a town of 2,000 people), crime had nearly vanished from the streets, and literacy had tripled. None of which happened in 50 years of having male politicians running the place.

Shadow Wolf

40 minutes. I wasn't too far off.:D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

LOL not to be a stick in the mud, but not all females are supportive of this level of sexual freedom. I've run across some pretty possessive and jealous women in my lifetime. And plenty of women don't even have to show possessiveness, but simply identify themselves as monogamous through and through, whatever their orientation.

So, to be clear, it isn't necessarily all-female rule, but all-bisexual-polyamorous rule, which occurs much less often in nature, methinks. :p

Aquitaine

LOL not to be a stick in the mud, but not all females are supportive of this level of sexual freedom. I've run across some pretty possessive and jealous women in my lifetime. And plenty of women don't even have to show possessiveness, but simply identify themselves as monogamous through and through, whatever their orientation.

So, to be clear, it isn't necessarily all-female rule, but all-bisexual-polyamorous rule, which occurs much less often in nature, methinks. :p

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't take my only Political fantasy away from meh. :D

Mercy Not Sacrifice

And in other news, CSPAN's ratings are projected to hit an all-time high...