• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't a good person be able to.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't deal in terms of "good" and "bad" when it comes to people. These are merely human constructs. People are a product of their experiences and environment.

That said, very few have the ability to complete set ego aside and look upon others without judgment.

If we focused on our own actions and reducing our karma, we might allow for others to do the same.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Shouldn't a good person be able to walk in all forms of society and be good to the poorest and the richest in the world, without judgement in his/her/their mind?
That certainly sounds nice.

However, in all honesty, I am just not sure of what you are asking.

I take it that you mean that said good person should not be at all judgemental?

Do you have any hints on how a person can attempt to be good without making judgements about what amounts to good and what does not?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That certainly sounds nice.

However, in all honesty, I am just not sure of what you are asking.

I take it that you mean that said good person should not be at all judgemental?

Do you have any hints on how a person can attempt to be good without making judgements about what amounts to good and what does not?
In my belief i would say it is what spiritual teaching are all about, guiding people to be the person who walk on earth with no judgement of others or self.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In my belief i would say it is what spiritual teaching are all about, guiding people to be the person who walk on earth with no judgement of others or self.
Maybe I wasn't clear.

How can a person be good without judging the moral worth of his or her available actions and omissions?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
A good person share unconditional love
I don't believe that people are absolutely evil or Good. That is because of psychological, Or spiritual maturity and not necessary physiological.

And then there are those who appear to be good who are actually faking

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Shouldn't a good person be able to walk in all forms of society and be good to the poorest and the richest in the world, without judgement in his/her/their mind?
Humans ─ well, animals generally ─ have evolved to make constant judgmental responses to sensory input, so there's no way to escape making judgments. When you meet someone your brain wants to know their sex, gender, social rank and authority, friend-or-foe status, known or new, suspicious or accepted, good-looking or plain, and a whole range more.

But technicalities aside, it's an attractive ambition to treat everyone equally, so I basically agree with you. Common sense still applies, of course.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Humans ─ well, animals generally ─ have evolved to make constant judgmental responses to sensory input, so there's no way to escape making judgments. When you meet someone your brain wants to know their sex, gender, social rank and authority, friend-or-foe status, known or new, suspicious or accepted, good-looking or plain, and a whole range more.

But technicalities aside, it's an attractive ambition to treat everyone equally, so I basically agree with you. Common sense still applies, of course.

But we don't live in the wild anymore, so these judgments are arbitrary in many cases. Judgements of whether something is a threat or not are different than judgements regarding the differences in people. The latter are more detrimental than helpful, IMO.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But we don't live in the wild anymore, so these judgments are arbitrary in many cases. Judgements of whether something is a threat or not are different than judgements regarding the differences in people. The latter are more detrimental than helpful, IMO.
We can control our responses to the information we instinctively seek, of course. Like feminism earlier, movements like Black Lives Matter in the US and similar ones elsewhere are important and to be applauded in this regard.