• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show what God gave you

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Quran is a reminder and nothing else. A Muslim is not some one who submits to Quran. "Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits (to God)".
Duh. The Hadiths are a mess and all over the place though, face it. The Qur'an is pretty simple and to the point. Humans love to complicate things.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Honestly I just found out about it few days ago. It kinda shows your wealth when you do it. Does it not? We don't know how much charity those people gave. They know that the best charity is when it's done in private.

How many mouths could've been fed, or backs clothed, with the money wasted buying such frivolous, tasteless baubles?
How exactly does squandered wealth or vainglorious displays in any way honor god?

Shrew

Show what God gave you, prophet Muhammad once said. There is a story of a wealthy man (businessman) who owned a land in Medina. One time prophet Muhammad saw him in the market place, his (wealthy man) thobe was dirty and had holes in it. So, Muhammad told him to go and buy a new thobe. Show what God gave you.

In some other religions, I heard something like if you have wealth then don’t show it?

What do you guys think?

In Dubai for example, rich people like to buy license plates.

Indian Buys $9 Million Dubai License Plate for Rolls-Royce

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/feat...eatures/dubais-most-expensive-license-plates/
They could use their money better.
The side of Dubai that they DON'T want tourists to see

A new, clean kitchen would be a good investment.
23B2512300000578-2859734-image-a-68_1417640573216.jpg

Bathrooms would be a huge benefit.
23B24DF700000578-2859734-image-a-87_1417641279458.jpg

They could pay their foreign workers.
23B24D6E00000578-2859734-image-m-111_1417642010562.jpg

What's wrong with those rich people in these rich countries who treat other people like ****?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They could use their money better.
The side of Dubai that they DON'T want tourists to see

A new, clean kitchen would be a good investment.
23B2512300000578-2859734-image-a-68_1417640573216.jpg

Bathrooms would be a huge benefit.
23B24DF700000578-2859734-image-a-87_1417641279458.jpg

They could pay their foreign workers.
23B24D6E00000578-2859734-image-m-111_1417642010562.jpg

What's wrong with those rich people in these rich countries who treat other people like ****?

It's funny how these countries, despite their vast wealth, still maintain their ****ty 3rd world standards. Do you suppose it has a lot to do with the culture?

Shrew

It's funny how these countries, despite their vast wealth, still maintain their ****ty 3rd world standards. Do you suppose it has a lot to do with the culture?
I don't know but I find it strange that they treat their foreign workers this way in spite of their strong religious values.
Especially because they have the same religion.

Kirran

Premium Member
Honestly I just found out about it few days ago. It kinda shows your wealth when you do it. Does it not? We don't know how much charity those people gave. They know that the best charity is when it's done in private.

Option A: Buy a personalised number plate.
Option B: Spend that money on helping refugees, children who need education, liberation movements for women. ethnic minorities and queer people etc.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

the prophet (s.a.w.) said the following:

“For every disease there is a medicine, and if that medicine is applied to the disease, he will recover by Allah’s Leave.” And he (s.a.w.) said: “Allah has not sent down any disease but He has also sent down the cure; the one who knows it, knows it and the one who does not know it, does not know it.”

That's hilarious. How many diseases & cures have been acquired through prayer, contemplation & meditation? How many have been acquired through experiments, trial & error & intensive scientific scrutiny. Allah hasn't sent down a single cure; as a species we've had to work for all of them. Please do not give credit where it is undeserved.

sovietchild

Option A: Buy a personalised number plate.
Option B: Spend that money on helping refugees, children who need education, liberation movements for women. ethnic minorities and queer people etc.

Actually the money goes to the government. And after that we don't know where it goes...

sovietchild

Why can't the government use government money to create minimum livingstandards for foreign workers?

I don't know. They have to invest a lot of money. Oil is not gonna stay forever. Look what Dubai is becoming to be? It's becoming an international city.

Kirran

Premium Member
I get the feeling that when he can't be bothered to address arguments he dips into trolling for a bit.

Kirran

Premium Member
They actually do help people. They invest in Dubai!

So buying a number plate is just as philanthropic as helping starving people, or those suffering prejudice and discrimination?

If that's true, why does Islam require zakat? Why not just tell people to buy stuff for themselves?

Also, this is a gross misunderstanding of the capitalist system. Trickle-down is not solid.

Shrew

I don't know. They have to invest a lot of money. Oil is not gonna stay forever. Look what Dubai is becoming to be? It's becoming an international city.
You tell me they can afford to build this but have no money for minimum livingstandrads for people?
They actually do help people. They invest in Dubai!
How does building monstrosities help anybody?
If they want to invest into the past-oil future they should use their money for education (especially of women) and scientific research.
If they want to help others they should sponsor education (especially of women), scientific research, medical aid and industrial development in lesser developed countries.

sovietchild

You tell me they can afford to build this but have no money for minimum livingstandrads for people?

Like I said, Oil is not going to stay there forever. They need to invest in something else. Don't you think so?

Do you want to chat about living standards of Ukraine?

How does building monstrosities help anybody?
If they want to invest into the past-oil future they should use their money for education (especially of women) and scientific research.
If they want to help others they should sponsor education (especially of women), scientific research, medical aid and industrial development in lesser developed countries.

They probably already do that.