• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simple question

Just_me_Mike

Aside from children that die too young, but they might be inlcuded. Do you think that every human being that ever lived has questioned whether or not there is a God(s).
I would think so, but I could be wrong.
Maybe if our planet was to continue past May 21st 2011 we may come to an age where God has been completely erased from our world and thought process, so I think it is possible in the future, but maybe not so much possible in the past or present.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Aside from children that die too young, but they might be inlcuded. Do you think that every human being that ever lived has questioned whether or not there is a God(s).

Not by a long shot. Homo sapiens were around for millenia before the concept of a god arose.

Just_me_Mike

How do you two know that? I don't know much about what you are saying, so how did you learn they did not think about a supernatural being of power?

thanks

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
How do you two know that? I don't know much about what you are saying, so how did you learn they did not think about a supernatural being of power?

thanks

I'm basing it on the assumption that, like all other human concepts, someone had to be the first to invent it. Additionally, most people don't consider any concepts that they haven't been exposed to from other people initially, so most people probably didn't consider the concept of god until it became ubiquitious. Also, you have to take into account the number of people who have been exposed to the concept of a god who have never actually questioned whether god(s) exist or not, but simply accepted it as truth.

Just_me_Mike

I'm basing it on the assumption that, like all other human concepts, someone had to be the first to invent it. Additionally, most people don't consider any concepts that they haven't been exposed to from other people initially, so most people probably didn't consider the concept of god until it became ubiquitious. Also, you have to take into account the number of people who have been exposed to the concept of a god who have never actually questioned whether god(s) exist or not, but simply accepted it as truth.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just reading about Neanderthals and similar Homo erectus classifications, and there is some indication that they may have worshiped something. For example there is findings of little statues or women with big breasts and hips which could indicate a fertility worship or something similar.

I don't really know though, but thought it was an interesting question.

Edit: scratch that, the little Venus sculptures were found with homo sapiens not erectus or Neanderthals.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlsoAnima

Friend
Thanks for the clarification. I was just reading about Neanderthals and similar Homo erectus classifications, and there is some indication that they may have worshiped something. For example there is findings of little statues or women with big breasts and hips which could indicate a fertility worship or something similar.

Edit: scratch that, the little Venus sculptures were found with homo sapiens not erectus or Neanderthals.
Neanderthals were believed to bury their dead with flowers. Indicating a possibly religious tradition.

I would think so, but I could be wrong.
Maybe if our planet was to continue past May 21st 2011 we may come to an age where God has been completely erased from our world and thought process, so I think it is possible in the future, but maybe not so much possible in the past or present.

My guess is that since our earliest times we have wondered and pondered such things in many varied ways.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I think you are right, the evidence clearly indicates that early man worshiped women with big breasts (as do many men today).

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
fantôme profane;1584842 said:
I think you are right, the evidence clearly indicates that early man worshiped women with big breasts (as do many men today).

I saw some of those figurines in my physical Anthro class a few years ago, and he (the instructor) said they were in the form of pregnant women.