• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Apparently Dogs Are Dumber Than Cats.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Of course. When let outside, dogs always come back. They don't get how they have an opportunity to be free.

Cats understand this instinctively. Plus, dogs drool.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Cats are the most intelligent of all creatures.
Consider:
- We fete cats with toys (no, not those kind, Mystic), treats, affection, lodging, & more.
We expect nothing in return, except for mousing (which is their sport).
- Dogs get the same, but we expect them to protect us, herd sheep, guide the blind, sniff out bombs, & chase down bad guys.

The difference: Dogs serve us.
We serve cats...& they trick us into liking it.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Revoltingest said:
Cats are the most intelligent of all creatures. Consider:
- We fete cats with toys (no, not those kind, Mystic), treats, affection, lodging, & more. We expect nothing in return, except for mousing (which is their sport).
- Dogs get the same, but we expect them to protect us, herd sheep, guide the blind, sniff out bombs, & chase down bad guys.
The difference: Dogs serve us. We serve cats...& they trick us into liking it.
You are deluded. You are comparing the most servile dogs to the most spoiled cats. Your comparison is unequal and therefore a false representation. In a fair competition I say it is the dogs who have fooled humanity the most deeply.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
This isn't news is it.

You throw a stick a dog brings it back.

You throw a stick and a cat gives you a look that says "Don't look at me, you threw it, you want it back - YOU fetch it."

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
You are deluded. You are comparing the most servile dogs to the most spoiled cats. Your comparison is unequal and therefore a false representation. In a fair competition I say it is the dogs who have fooled humanity the most deeply.

Yeah right. They chase their own tails. They forget everything they're thinking about when you put a ball up to throw, put a bowl of dog food out, or a squirrel runs by. They eat their own vomit. They'll eat other creatures vomit. They'll eat their own poop. My dog has an affinity to eat duck poop when I take him for his walks by the lake.

He also runs away from his own farts, not knowing what that noise was.

Dogs don't fool anybody. They're innocently loyal, which feeds our needy egos to always be accepted no matter what we do. Kick a dog, he'll still come to you. Kick a cat, your bed will be peed on and your curtains will be shredded.

Cats FTW.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have noticed that when you call a dog, he comes running. If you call a cat, he will turn around, look at you and (seem to) say "Yeah? What?"

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Yeah, well, my dog can play hide and seek.

Well, mostly he just does the seeking and I do the hiding.

But still. Have you ever seen a cat do this?!?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yeah, well, my dog can play hide and seek.

Well, mostly he just does the seeking and I do the hiding.

But still. Have you ever seen a cat do this?!?

With mice. It's pointless to do it with humans.

I love my dog, y'all. But he's not as bright as the cats who have allowed me to be in their presence.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever seen 8 cats hitched to a sled? They're too smart for that. They leave that to dogs. :biglaugh:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
With mice.
Isn't that just called stalking?

It's pointless to do it with humans.
I think you'd have a lot of dogs demanding you take that back. Beggin' Strips are most definitely NOT pointless. :p

I love my dog, y'all. But he's not as bright as the cats who have allowed me to be in their presence.
I wouldn't say the average family dog necessarily comes off as bright. But then again, tbh, neither really do cats. I mean, at least you can train a dog to lead a blind person and grab a beer from a fridge. Cats will mouse, sure, but that's just innate sadism.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Isn't that just called stalking?

To the mouse, it is. The cat sees it as playtime. They'll even show the trophy when they win.

I think you'd have a lot of dogs demanding you take that back. Beggin' Strips are most definitely NOT pointless. :p

Hang on. Let me say what I said to my dog....

He's staring at me with his tail wagging and his ears up. I only have to say it nicely. He probably thinks I'm leading up to taking him out for a walk. Not being real about his level of intelligence compared to cats.

I wouldn't say the average family dog necessarily comes off as bright. But then again, tbh, neither really do cats. I mean, at least you can train a dog to lead a blind person and grab a beer from a fridge. Cats will mouse, sure, but that's just innate sadism.

I can also train a vine up a trellis. Doesn't make it smarter than a cat.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
MysticSangha said:
Yeah right. They chase their own tails.
If you watched them it means they successfully hypnotized you.
They forget everything they're thinking about when you put a ball up to throw, put a bowl of dog food out, or a squirrel runs by.
No. When you put up a ball to throw, it is the dogs way of releasing you from hypnosis momentarily. Check your watch, and you'll see that time has passed by unaccounted for.
They eat their own vomit. They'll eat other creatures vomit. They'll eat their own poop. My dog has an affinity to eat duck poop when I take him for his walks by the lake.
People naturally fear what they don't understand.
He also runs away from his own farts, not knowing what that noise was.
He knows.
Dogs don't fool anybody. They're innocently loyal, which feeds our needy egos to always be accepted no matter what we do. Kick a dog, he'll still come to you.
A dog can nullify kicks through dog meditation.
Kick a cat, your bed will be peed on and your curtains will be shredded.

Cats FTW.
Yes, because a cat has no other recourse but violence.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If you watched them it means they successfully hypnotized you.
No. When you put up a ball to throw, it is the dogs way of releasing you from hypnosis momentarily. Check your watch, and you'll see that time has passed by unaccounted for.
People naturally fear what they don't understand.
He knows.
A dog can nullify kicks through dog meditation.
Yes, because a cat has no other recourse but violence.

Nothing but spin.

Dog meditation? :biglaugh:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Nothing but spin.

Dog meditation? :biglaugh:

It's true!

images

2Q==

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here is an actual unretouched photo of our Lucifer (Lucy) Stinknagel....
images

She is intelligence personified.....or rather "catified".

And here is a photo of 3 typical dogs....
hillbilly-dogs.jpg

I'd say they're dumber than stumps, but that would be unfair to stumps.