• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So much for teams that had a bye for the wild-card round in baseball

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Like I said earlier in another thread the baseball playoffs are a crapshoot. What happened in the LDS round illustrates that. The Orioles of 101 wins lost in 3 straight to the Rangers, and the heavy favorites in the National League, the Dodgers and the the Braves both lost to wild-card teams. Only the Houston Astros, who had the least impressive regular season record among the favorites advanced. The team that wins the playoffs in the major leagues, I assert, is not the best team in the major leagues for the most part. There is a lot of rolling the dice involved, who happens to be hot at the time.

I also note that having the home field has meant nothing. The baseball advantage of having the home field is the least significant of the sports I follow. The Orioles, for instance actually had over 162 games a better record on the road than at home.

Clizby Wampuscat

Like I said earlier in another thread the baseball playoffs are a crapshoot. What happened in the LDS round illustrates that. The Orioles of 101 wins lost in 3 straight to the Rangers, and the heavy favorites in the National League, the Dodgers and the the Braves both lost to wild-card teams. Only the Houston Astros, who had the least impressive regular season record among the favorites advanced. The team that wins the playoffs in the major leagues, I assert, is not the best team in the major leagues for the most part. There is a lot of rolling the dice involved, who happens to be hot at the time.

I also note that having the home field has meant nothing. The baseball advantage of having the home field is the least significant of the sports I follow. The Orioles, for instance actually had over 162 games a better record on the road than at home.
Baseball is difficult to predict for sure. But the difference in the teams is not that much. Rangers won 90 games the orioles won 101. The Rangers had a better pitching plan than the Orioles did, that is why they won in my opinion. I was surprised by the Braves. They looked unstoppable.

Baseball is a hard game to win.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Baseball is difficult to predict for sure. But the difference in the teams is not that much. Rangers won 90 games the orioles won 101. The Rangers had a better pitching plan than the Orioles did, that is why they won in my opinion. I was surprised by the Braves. They looked unstoppable.

Baseball is a hard game to win.
I know what you mean. If a baseball team wins 60% of their games, they are considered a top team. That would not be true in the NFL or NBA.

As you are in Texas, I imagine you are probably for the Rangers? I live in Ohio, but was born in Baltimore, and I root for Baltimore teams. The NFL is what I mostly follow, though. Go, Ravens!