• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, those cartoons then...

Yerda

Veteran Member
I know it's an old issue and a fair bit of arguing has went on, but I had to wait on the fuss dying down. I have several points of confusion over the entire issue, so I thought I'd poke my head in here and ask some questions.

I personally believe the cartoons were used to inflame, but that doesn't excuse the responses I've seen. Why did they provoke such a furious reaction?

Well the same reasons Christians get mad if someone attacked Jesus, or someone would insult your mother, their prophets are held close in their hearts and of course they would be upset, i dont approve of the violence and actions they took, but i can understand where they came from

Judgement Day

Geoffthe3rd said:
Well the same reasons Christians get mad if someone attacked Jesus, or someone would insult your mother, their prophets are held close in their hearts and of course they would be upset, i dont approve of the violence and actions they took, but i can understand where they came from
Precisely, Muhammad pbuh is the dearest to our heart, more closer than our parents, wives, husbands, and children. They have slandered Muhammad pbuh to have taught terrorism which is awfully not right. How would you feel if someone slandered your parents, wife, husband, or children? I also dont approve their reactions, Muhammad pbuh never teaches to use violence, there are more civilized solutions to the problem.

JD

mehrosh

The people who tried to abuse Muhammed saas, didn't get any good from it, but infact they called trouble for themselves. Islam is the fastest spreading religion in this world, the statics show that only in America 400-500 people accept Islam every single day, and one of the reason why Islam is spreading so fast is that there are many people who try to abuse it, and as a result many people around the world take interest in Islam, study and accept it. As a result of these cartoons till Feburary 50 citizens of Denmark have accepted Islam according to Al-Majd Tv Channel. It is Allah, who has taken the responsibility to protect His Prophet, and we are just helpless accept with the help of God.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
In Europe the situation is already... unpleasant. I believe it was sort of the "last straw" sort of thing. Not that it excuses the reaction in the least.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Geoffthe3rd said:
Well the same reasons Christians get mad if someone attacked Jesus, or someone would insult your mother
Judgement Day said:
How would you feel if someone slandered your parents, wife, husband, or children?
I understand why the anger was there. I'm sure we all get pissed off when someone or something dear to us is slandered. But we don't organise calling for beheadings.
Jamaesi said:
I believe it was sort of the "last straw" sort of thing.
Right, that makes some sense.

I need to think more.

Ciscokid

Geoffthe3rd said:

That doesn't make any sense dude. I don't approve of their responses at all...and I don't have a clue what they were thinking or where they came from at all.

This woman does a good job of telling it like it is:

http://www.wimp.com/opinion/

Ciscokid

Judgement Day said:
Are you saying that you approve the insults?

I personally don't approve of insulting people in general so "no". South Park does this on an almost daily basis and I don't see Christians, Catholics or Jews etc blowing up buildings or rioting. Insults are apart of life, civilized people find other ways to deal with it rather than violence and hatred.

Judgement Day

Ciscokid said:
I personally don't approve of insulting people in general so "no". South Park does this on an almost daily basis and I don't see Christians, Catholics or Jews etc blowing up buildings or rioting. Insults are apart of life, civilized people find other ways to deal with it rather than violence and hatred.
Thats basically what Geoffthe3rd was trying to say. That he doesnt approve the insults, but then he also doesnt approve the violent responses as well.

Ciscokid

Judgement Day said:
Thats basically what Geoffthe3rd was trying to say. That he doesnt approve the insults, but then he also doesnt approve the violent responses as well.

You forgot the part where he said

but i can understand where they came from

I for one cannot.

Judgement Day

Geoffthe3rd said:
i dont approve of the violence and actions they took, but i can understand where they came from
continue
Geoffthe3rd said:
Well the same reasons Christians get mad if someone attacked Jesus, or someone would insult your mother, their prophets are held close in their hearts and of course they would be upset

Ciscokid

Many people get mad at insults...civilized people don't resort to violence. Considering this insult being the form of a stupid cartoon.