• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, What Are "Family Values"?

blackout

Violet.
Family Values are whatever
ANY PARTICULAR family values (holds dear, or of importance).

Why can't people just be content with their own chosen family
and the things THEY value, as they share life together.

Who even has time to be all that concerned with what
other families around them value? I certainly don't.

Troublemane

No thanks. I got half way through Atlas Shrugged and gave up. Whatever point she was trying to make, tedium was mostly all I was getting. I understand that sometimes the truth is quite complex, and can't be delivered in quick cleches. But there's no excuse for running it on ad nausium, either.

Sorry Ayn.

I loved her books, pity none of the heroes in them are real, though. I often wished I could meet people who were as genuine in real life. perhaps her ideal society projected by 'objectivism' could work if people were actually that genuine. but over the years i have discovered people are not that 2-dimensional, and even those who really think they are focussed solely on their own well-being may be going about it in a way that causes themselves harm. bottom line i think reality/people/society are far more complex than ayn rand depicts, but oh well. all utopian idealist philosophies do that. :angel2:

but as to the OP, its strange to see ayn rands name mentioned in a thread on family values, isnt it?

oldcajun

__BE REAL
Does the phrase "Family Values" have any meaning other than being code for "anti-gay rights"?

The question you should have ask is "Does the phrase "Family Values" have any meaning?"

In today's western society? NO! It's been revised and polluted so much by liberal idealism, there is no moral value left in the phrase.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
"Family Values" are like regular values, but they come in a large-sized format and hence are cheaper per value. They come in such a large pack that if an individual person tried to use them all, some of the values would spoil before he or she was finished with them.