• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So..What Did You Get For The Holidays?

M

Majikthise

I was not surprised that my daughters godmother gave me a copy of William F Murray's "My Life Without God".
I graciously accepted it and told her it looked interesting as she bit her lip in anticipation of me protesting. Hell, I'll read it. Might be a good laugh.
My buddy Jeff gave me a tome simply titled "BATTLE". It lists, illustrates and briefly describes every battle ever fought from Mesopotamian conquest to the Iraq invasion.
Very awsome book.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Majikthise said:
My buddy Jeff gave me a tome simply titled "BATTLE". It lists, illustrates and briefly describes every battle ever fought from Mesopotamian conquest to the Iraq invasion.
Very awsome book.
Can I borrow that when you're done? :D

ayani

i got the *cutest* calander this morning. "Nuns Having Fun"

1WOR4133222.jpg

*is very happy*

Ciscokid

I got a book on Martini's, an african statue made from wood and picture frames from my girlfriend. I got money from my parents and a NY Giants throw blanket from a good friend of mine. I also got a book on WWII from one of my best friends.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
gracie said:
i got the *cutest* calander this morning. "Nuns Having Fun"

1WOR4133222.jpg

*is very happy*

Speaking of calendars, my uncle came over and gave me a calendar with 365 Bushisms. :D "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

ayani

GeneCosta said:
Speaking of calendars, my uncle came over and gave me a calendar with 365 Bushisms. :D "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

haha! my little brother got this huge poster covered with Bush-isms. *very* funny, and a little scary.

it's like this huge, shiney wall of idiocy staring you in the face, daring you to have hope in spite of it. :D

lizskid

BANNED
CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - President Bush gave his wife citrine earrings for Christmas to match the triple-strand, amber-colored necklace he presented her last month for her birthday, a White House spokesman said on Tuesday. First lady Laura Bush gave her husband, who is an avid mountain biker, biking shoes, a blue suit, and the new Sam Moore CD "Overnight Sensational," White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
cardero said:
This thread is a little early I know but it seems like it is an established RF Holiday tradition. So whenever you receive your holiday “booty” please pipe-in and share with other RFers.

Well, you'd think I was an alcholic with what I got, even though I'm not. I got two bottles of wine, a nice bottle of Puerto Rican Rum, a leather wine insulator (to keep your wine cool), a set of nice wine tumblers, a few books, an electric razor, and some money :D. I guess I'll spend the money on some beer since I now have plenty of wine and liquor :rolleyes: (just kidding).

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Todd said:
Well, you'd think I was an alcholic with what I got, even though I'm not. I got two bottles of wine, a nice bottle of Puerto Rican Rum, a leather wine insulator (to keep your wine cool), a set of nice wine tumblers, a few books, an electric razor, and some money :D. I guess I'll spend the money on some beer since I now have plenty of wine and liquor :rolleyes: (just kidding).

I have to say... the amount of liquor on sale in the States when I was there boggled my mind (for instance the 1.75 litre bottles of pretty much any spirit available for about 20$ in every supermarket)... Kiwis drink more, but it's definitely more expensive and less available here... if I was with some mates we would have had a field day.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I was given money mostly but my favorite gifts were Christmas ornaments this year.

My sister Carrie bought Laurie (my other sister) & 1 these precious ornaments...with these little bears holding hands. Our names are written on each one. So cute!

My Mom bought me this beautiful Christmas ornament, carved out of wood...it's the Lion & the Lamb. Lovely.

I'm also now the proud owner of some really fuzzy Napoleon Dynamite socks. :)

Judgement Day

I got about $1,000 in total :D from here and there..yes I know, I don't celebrate Christmas, but there's no reason for me not to accept gifts :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A Star Wars chess set, which I love, except it didn't come with a board.
A black, plastic fireball that puts on a laser show that responds to music, only it doesn't work.
A duct tape wallet???????? (Never knew I was seen as someone with a duct tape fetish)
A second copy of Twilight Princess, which means I can trade it in and get some new games.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Well after having my ex over for the holidays he showed me his gratitude by asking me for a divorce. How tacky is that? I thought he would have at least waited until my birthday for that one. :confused:
(ps. I told him no!)

jacquie4000

Well after having my ex over for the holidays he showed me his gratitude by asking me for a divorce
............I am so sorry,. that is a pretty nasty thing to do on Christmas.:(

I got gift cards and mostly money.
But I also got some books I had wanted and shoes.

My son got soooooooo much as he is the only grandson, only child and only nephew.
So at Christmas he is spoiled.:yes:

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Well as Jeffrey said, the best part was watching the kids open their gifts. I did get a lovely bathrobe from Mandi and some very cute niknaks from the boys. Tyler got me a glass pumpkin and Ryan got me a very tiny rooster, to add to my collection. Both very sweet and thoughtful gifts. They were all so proud!
I love Christmas!
As for the divorce thing, I don't care to be married any longer, I just don't want to give him a divorce. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
One of my room mates got a guitar. And after messing around for about a half hour, he figured out Green Day's Good Ridance by ear. So, I got a new jam budy.