• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solving the issue of violance

F1fan

Veteran Member
You made a false claim, and made no effort to back up the claim you made, so it was dismissed for being false on it's face.

If you going to make divisive political comments you should make sure you have a reasoned basis for them. That way you can at least earn respect for trying.

I could have let the comment sit. But you see that is how bad habits form, so I though it appropriate to point out your error, and your lack of any argument for your claim, despite it being in error. Your hold this view, yes? Do you have any idea why you hold it? Perhaps not. It's likely just political bias. My feedback offers you something to chew on.

Out of curiosity, do you not like LBJ because he was instrumental in getting the Civil Rights act made into law? He helped form Medicare and Medicaid as well.

Truth in love

You made a false claim, and made no effort to back up the claim you made, so it was dismissed for being false on it's face.

If you going to make divisive political comments you should make sure you have a reasoned basis for them. That way you can at least earn respect for trying.

I could have let the comment sit. But you see that is how bad habits form, so I though it appropriate to point out your error, and your lack of any argument for your claim, despite it being in error. Your hold this view, yes? Do you have any idea why you hold it? Perhaps not. It's likely just political bias. My feedback offers you something to chew on.
What flare claim LBJ? He attacked the frost amendment, destroyed the black communities economic efforts and accelerated the deterioration of stable families leading to massive human suffering. I don’t see how any of those actions are positives. But hey I believe in the rule of law and freedom and not everyone agrees.

F1fan

Veteran Member
What flare claim LBJ? He attacked the frost amendment, destroyed the black communities economic efforts and accelerated the deterioration of stable families leading to massive human suffering. I don’t see how any of those actions are positives. But hey I believe in the rule of law and freedom and not everyone agrees.
Then post your evidence from reputable sources. Don't just make claims. And be sure not to gloss over the Civil Rights Act.

Was he perfect? No, far from it. But he did a lot to help move the USA forward and equal for many marginalized citizens who were victims of racism. It was a continuation of Kennedy's move away from racism and towards what the Democrats are today, the advocates for the marginalized and minorities.

Truth in love

Then post your evidence from reputable sources. Don't just make claims. And be sure not to gloss over the Civil Rights Act.

Was he perfect? No, far from it. But he did a lot to help move the USA forward and equal for many marginalized citizens who were victims of racism. It was a continuation of Kennedy's move away from racism and towards what the Democrats are today, the advocates for the marginalized and minorities.
Black residents discuss lasting injustices of urban renewal
I’ll start with that.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They call this gentrification. It happens everywhere. It's still happening. The demands of progress will tend to take advantage of the least wealthy. This happened in my city when city planners decided to put in a highway from downtown to the southeast, and it cut through poor neighborhoods. And it did damage to these neighborhoods. There was a ton of debate. But progress tends to win. The highway was built.

In my neighborhood I happen to get lucky buying my house in 2008 for 60K and today they are selling for $400K. Of course this means property taxes are going up and many older residents are facing financial hardships. I personally think the city should freeze the taxes for anyone over 65. But this phenomenon is just the free market at work. Demand and supply. People are buying lower cost houses in depressed areas and these neighborhoods rise in value. The older residents are being forced out. Is this malicious, or just the way the free market works?

So now that you brought up the issue of urban renewal perhaps you can link it to LBJ and some sort of bad intention behind it. It's till going today, so it's not some evil plan, right?

danieldemol

Premium Member
LBJ (one of the worst presidents we’ve ever had which is saying something) overhauled the benefits system and unmarried women and children got more money then if dad was around.
So can you name the specific payments you feel should be stopped or altered and how it should be altered? At the moment I'm getting the impression that you don't know what the payments are and what you are talking about.

This and a few other stunts after the economic prospects of the African American community.
This much is true, 'Johnson's domestic policy was aimed at expanding civil rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, Medicaid, aid to education and the arts, urban and rural development, and public services. In 1964 Johnson coined the term the "Great Society" to describe these efforts. In addition, he sought to create better living conditions for low income Americans by spearheading a campaign unofficially called the "War on Poverty"; assisted by a strong economy, this helped millions of Americans rise above the poverty line during his administration.[3]'

Source: Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia

They used to lead the US in business ownership and family stability. Now they are all by leading the nation in every unhealthy measure. People run around and blame it on slavery leftovers, but the data says otherwise.
What data says otherwise? It is easy to make claims, but please learn to try and back up your claims with credible peer reviewed sources.

Many churches are extremely efficient in their welfare systems.
The LDS church has ammassed $100billion which if I recall it has sitting around until Jesus allegedly returns and you want to claim them as an example of efficiency in welfare?
They lack the power to extract wealth in mass.
Given they used it to amass $100billion thats a good thing too, albeit also a defiiciency in the ability of any church to match the welfare needs of the masses as compared to the government.

I’ll stand by the church mode for welfare.
I'm glad I have the freedom to not follow you in that.

In my opinion.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Never going to happen. I’m not sure how you are defining fine. In the US and many other nations we saw massive abuses of power during covid. Russia is invading Ukraine. We have massive problems with gangs. Last century governments murdered over 100 million civilians. So what happening now and what is history has you thinking it’s a good idea for people to be defenseless?

And all that is caused by fatherless children?
You are getting close to a nirvana fallacy, if not already there.