• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some of my art

ron4711

Meaning, what do you mean ?

Well, the pictish warrior had his forehead painted blue with white designs. Is that a spiritual symbol or is he like the warrior of the night? This is a religious forum, so I thought you were sharing religious imagery featuring native Americans.

But please, don't feel like you have to write an essay about your artwork, I was just curious. I still enjoy the images.

Thanks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like the essays. It feels like a guided tour through a museum showcasing Native American history and way of life. It's interesting.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Well, the pictish warrior had his forehead painted blue with white designs. Is that a spiritual symbol or is he like the warrior of the night? This is a religious forum, so I thought you were sharing religious imagery featuring native Americans.

But please, don't feel like you have to write an essay about your artwork, I was just curious. I still enjoy the images.

Thanks.

Aside from the tattoo(gadflies)on his arm and maybe the human teeth hanging from his neck, the rest is purely imagination.

His eyes came from an outlaw biker I once knew. I remember this look in his eyes in the dim barroom lights right before all hell broke loose. A kind of 'above fear look'.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Nice work,what ceremony would this pipe be for.

Thanks. Stone and antler carving is rather enjoyable.

That pipe has never been used, mostly just hangs in it's doeskin pouch as home art.

In the past similar pipes were used in the 'duck in a Coleman dome tent, load up and pass it around ceremony' ;) It twas a strange blending of ancient Scythian and American Indian ceremonial celebration. Sitting in a tight circle, filling the large stone bowl, offering it first to the four winds, blessing it with butane flame then passing in the direction of the sun's path across the sky. In short time, we would catch up with the altitude of our mountain camp.

Emerging through the zippered door flap in an elated state, we shared the Appalachian night with the friendliest of wild local spirits.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
These are great! :D

Does antler stink when you work it like bone does? I hate having to carve bone because of the smell but wanted to try antler.

wa:do

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
These are great! :D

Does antler stink when you work it like bone does? I hate having to carve bone because of the smell but wanted to try antler.

wa:do

When using power tools like a grinder, dremel or sander, I wear a surgeon's mask as one can sometimes get sick from breathing in the antler dust.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Stone knives I knapped from native jasper and set into antler handles

357lkzd.jpg

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
"I like knapping flint,haven't done it for a long while"

More trial and error with me at this point and will never knap flint where people walk barefooted again.

Thanks for your kind response and it is a pleasure to meet another flint knapper.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
My thanks.

Here is a walking stick I carved. Handle is antler capped off with tiger's eye and the inlaid arrowhead is carved from antler as well.

2dj76du.jpg

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Detail of Mongol Shaman.

Mauled almost to death by a bear, his journey began. Around his neck hangs the ear of an enemy shaman who did not heed a verbal warning.

2zswku1.jpg