• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some People

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
This woman is just so wrong, I can't say much because it won't be nice. Pagans try hard to not be seen like this, but people like this just mess it up.

Here's the story: Woman Arrested for Yelling Witch Chants | TODAY'S TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports - WTMJ NBC | Local News

And here is here Witchvox profile: Profile: Notice

She says she's going to be REPRESENTING ALL of the Witch/Wiccan/Pagan out there on the O'Reilly Factor on the 6th.......No, why do people do this. :cover:

kadzbiz

Well, I can't say I know a lot about pagans and witches, but I was trying to work out why this woman was arrested. For disturbing neighbours chanting witch chants? Is that against the law? She was on her own property, okay she'd had something to drink, but so what, she is ON HER OWN PROPERTY. Was there a fire restriction period? Is it an offence to light a fire 10 feet from your OWN house? What is the noise regulation? We can't tell people to turn down their voice in my state, but she may have perhaps been breaching the peace? Even that here is not an arrestable offence. So why exactly was she arrested? Then she gets criminal charges? Holy cow. Please enlighten me guys. As a Victorian Police officer, we could ASK such a person to please quieten down for the sake of the neighbours, but unless they had electronic equipment making the noise, we wouldn't have a leg to stand on to make them quiet let alone arrest them. Sucks, but that's the law.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Well, I can't say I know a lot about pagans and witches, but I was trying to work out why this woman was arrested. For disturbing neighbours chanting witch chants? Is that against the law? She was on her own property, okay she'd had something to drink, but so what, she is ON HER OWN PROPERTY. Was there a fire restriction period? Is it an offence to light a fire 10 feet from your OWN house? What is the noise regulation? We can't tell people to turn down their voice in my state, but she may have perhaps been breaching the peace? Even that here is not an arrestable offence. So why exactly was she arrested? Then she gets criminal charges? Holy cow. Please enlighten me guys. As a Victorian Police officer, we could ASK such a person to please quieten down for the sake of the neighbours, but unless they had electronic equipment making the noise, we wouldn't have a leg to stand on to make them quiet let alone arrest them. Sucks, but that's the law.

I might have to get a different link but it said some were that she was ignoring that police, and I'm sure that a fire 10 feet from your house or even a fire with out a permit is against the law, most places I know it is, is was past 12:11 am once more most places it's there is a noise law right. Here there is at lest. She was burns Rubber and plastic, last I check that was against the law too right. She was also refused to cooperate and was belligerent(though that might not mean much).

kadzbiz

I might have to get a different link but it said some were that she was ignoring that police, and I'm sure that a fire 10 feet from your house or even a fire with out a permit is against the law, most places I know it is, is was past 12:11 am once more most places it's there is a noise law right. Here there is at lest. She was burns Rubber and plastic, last I check that was against the law too right. She was also refused to cooperate and was belligerent(though that might not mean much).

Well, if those things are against the law, then fair enough. I was just curious. Frankly I think that we're way too lenient in this state, in this country even. IMO.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Well, if those things are against the law, then fair enough. I was just curious. Frankly I think that we're way too lenient in this state, in this country even. IMO.

Ya, funny I never knew where you hailed from till I just looked, Australia. Cool.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
What type of new moon ritual was she performing that required the burning of tires and plastic....? :sarcastic

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Ermmm,

It's a new cleansing one that doesn't do very well?

Cleansing the tyres and the plastics of all their poisons? lol

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I think if i went out screaming gnostic scripture, burned a few of my possessions, and started biting the neighbors, that they'd arrest me too!

In any case, I wouldn't worry. I dont think many people think that badly of Pagans. The only people who do are ones who have never explored their own mind. I feel sorry for them! Their opinion doesn't matter anyway. They cant use this girl as ammo, just as no one uses abortion clinic bombers against Christians. :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am sure that if I had a bonfire screaming Psalms at the top of my lungs I would have been arrested, too.;) She wasn't arrested because of her belief, but for disturbing the peace. They have people like that in any group. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
I am sure that if I had a bonfire screaming Psalms at the top of my lungs I would have been arrested, too.;) She wasn't arrested because of her belief, but for disturbing the peace. They have people like that in any group. :)

Yes, if you did that they'd probably haul you off for psychiatric observation. :eek:

Burning tires? That should get you arrested for breaking anti-burning ordinances, not to mention pollution.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ðanisty;932998 said:
Why on earth would she go on O'Reilly? Does she even watch O'Reilly?

Who knows, that's why I say some people(hehe). I'm watching it tomorrow.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I am going to make the effort to go to O'Reily's website, and post that she DOES NOT represent all of us. I am even going to send it as mail in hopes it will be on the actual show, when he reads off parts of people's mail to him. Too bad it will probably just be ignored since it won't draw the same ratings.
Somehow, I just feel she will say something that is completely against my own practices. Burning tires and rubber is definitely one thing that I will not do.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I think if i went out screaming gnostic scripture, burned a few of my possessions, and started biting the neighbors, that they'd arrest me too!

In any case, I wouldn't worry. I dont think many people think that badly of Pagans. The only people who do are ones who have never explored their own mind. I feel sorry for them! Their opinion doesn't matter anyway. They cant use this girl as ammo, just as no one uses abortion clinic bombers against Christians. :)

Thanks Buttons....that makes all of us feel so much better.... :p

Shadow Wolf

Dammit! I can't find anywhere to send a message that doesn't require you to be a premium member.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
After viewing her profile, someone might want to tell her no witches died during the Salem Witch Trials.

They also might want to tell her the Christians who died were not burnt to death, but were hung or died in jail or in one case, crushed to death.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
After viewing her profile, someone might want to tell her no witches died during the Salem Witch Trials.

They also might want to tell her the Christians who died were not burnt to death, but were hung or died in jail or in one case, crushed to death.

True, and thing is only 150 people were arrested and imprisoned, with even more accused who were not formally pursued by the authorities. The two courts convicted thirty people of the capital felony of witchcraft, twenty of whom (fourteen women, six men) were executed -- nineteen by hanging and one by being pressed to death. In addition to those executed, at least five more died in prison. Not that many people even died.

Shadow Wolf

For disturbing neighbours chanting witch chants? Is that against the law? She was on her own property, okay she'd had something to drink, but so what, she is ON HER OWN PROPERTY. Was there a fire restriction period? Is it an offence to light a fire 10 feet from your OWN house? What is the noise regulation? We can't tell people to turn down their voice in my state, but she may have perhaps been breaching the peace?
Alot of places here in the US do have noise and fire ordinances. And from what I read, she was ignoring the police. Of course with the noise ordinance they do ask you to turn it down before any arrest are made. As for the fire ordinances, it greatly varies from city to city, but burning stuff that releases toxic fumes, such as tires and rubber mats, is usually illegal within city limits.