• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some questions about life, religion, and the purpose of it all

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
I figure not to worry too much bout those type of questions which will fade away eventually.

But I suppose pontificating does pass the time for a person as you put the kettle on and wait.

Have you ever thought the so called enemy to be worthy of honor? I started to question why the serpent was so demonized in the beginning many many years ago. What could have been gained from that wise old serpent?

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Have you ever thought the so called enemy to be worthy of honor? I started to question why the serpent was so demonized in the beginning many many years ago. What could have been gained from that wise old serpent?

The thread is 5 years old, did you get your answers?

Regards Tony

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We live in a seemingly fallen world occupied by seemingly fallen and lost people. In the Christian faith it is believed there is a beast, a false prophet, and Satan who work together to destroy our home. Will this earth remain a fallen world until the beast, false prophet and Satan are destroyed? Reconciled maybe? Do they exist only in the minds of fallen man and in those who have been deceived by the "thieves and robbers" who some claim have hijacked the christian faith? Will the fallen on earth be reconciled as others have already been reconciled or will some truly be forever lost?

1. What's this life for?
  2. What is the lake of fire?
  3. What is hell?
  4. What is the beast?
  5. What is the false prophet?
  6. What is Satan?
  7. Will all one day be reconciled, or will some be forever lost?

I myself believe the world we live in exists to help lost souls come back into union with what is – I believe we are here to learn very hard lessons and to experience the effects of evil, which is for lack of a better term “hell”. These experiences help lead many of us to want and pursue reconciliation with all that's good (God). I think the world is a metaphorical furnace of refinement, or rather the lake of fire. Satan (selfish/evil desire), the beast (false god), false prophet (false understanding), "hell" (strong emotional unrest), and fallen men all have their existence here already. I myself believe the lake of fire (life on earth) is ongoing - some say eternal (everlasting). Can it get back to good or no? Why or why not? Is there hope?

Being an atheist, I don't have to worry about any of that. I just have to worry about myself and my own interaction with others. You could carry those question around for the rest of your life and likely die having none answered.You can still choose to be good, do good, be kind, helpful. Does any of this other stuff really matter?

Maybe there is a God who is going to judge me for what I believe and not what I do. Well I'm fine with that as long as I've been true to myself and not some ideal that other folks say I ought to be to make God happy.

God can judge me, but I can't be other than what I am. So here I am God, take it or leave it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
An exercise in philosophical thinking while drinking tea.