• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some thoughts on RF political views

Tumah

Veteran Member
I've been reading some of your posts on the election and Trump and seriously, a number of you sound like partial- to full blown conspiracy theorists. I'm actually surprised at some of the people making these comments and for the benefit of the doubt I'm chalking it up to media-inspired paranoia.

To be honest, the only one I've seen going along as much as some of you guys with this conspiracy talk was Trump himself on his Obama-birther campaign.

Don't take my word for it now, but at least if he leaves office and nothing outside some failed court cases end up happening, at least consider that this may be an issue you struggle with.

And of course, if he does wrest control of the army, kill all his opponents and seat himself as the Dictator of the US, I'll come back to aplogize.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think Trump has any legal recourse to stop the transition from happening. And while it would be funny to watch him get dragged bodily from the whitehouse, I suspect nothing much but hot air will happen, and we'll all take a sigh of relief that, if nothing else, at least all this will be over until next election cycle.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've been reading some of your posts on the election and Trump and seriously, a number of you sound like partial- to full blown conspiracy theorists. I'm actually surprised at some of the people making these comments and for the benefit of the doubt I'm chalking it up to media-inspired paranoia.

To be honest, the only one I've seen going along as much as some of you guys with this conspiracy talk was Trump himself on his Obama-birther campaign.

Don't take my word for it now, but at least if he leaves office and nothing outside some failed court cases end up happening, at least consider that this may be an issue you struggle with.

And of course, if he does wrest control of the army, kill all his opponents and seat himself as the Dictator of the US, I'll come back to aplogize.

There's a difference between believing he'll attempt to stay in power and believing that he could successfully pull it off.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess no one remembers the rumors and panic flying that Dubya would not relinquish the position. Not to mention that Obama was going to take away our Second Amendment rights. It’s true, the universe is cyclical.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess no one remembers the rumors and panic flying that Dubya would not relinquish the position. Not to mention that Obama was going to take away our Second Amendment rights. It’s true, the universe is cyclical.
I also heard that Obama might refuse to leave office,
& civil war would result.
The same people are now telling me that Biden stole
the election, & it's a prelude to civil war with the
communists (who are the real power behind the Dems).

All these scenarios are equally verifiable (nicht einmal falsch).
People do love to revel in frightening themselves.
I really don't understand the appeal.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

I really, really, sincerely hope that this is just overblown paranoia.

But we have also never had a president that has actively brought the whole voting process into question. Nor have we had one that has denied the *preliminary* processes for a transition (they were even given to Gore). Nor have we had one that has made loyalty such a central aspect of his administration.

I really hope that all that happens is a few feeble court attempts and a wilting of power.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I also heard that Obama might refuse to leave office,
& civil war would result.
The same people are now telling me that Biden stole
the election, & it's a prelude to civil war with the
communists (who are the real power behind the Dems).

All these scenarios are equally verifiable (nicht einmal falsch).
People do love to revel in frightening themselves.
I really don't understand the appeal.
By the way I don't think we've ever seen you get angry.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Ok, but in fairness sometimes he does seem a little crazy.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Our news media has mostly made light of the situation. Though some have gone out of their way to inform readers/viewers that this is all just bluster and doesn’t hold historical precedence. And that either, to be frank, conspiracy sounding nonsense accusations from both sides could realistically happen.
Trump does seem rather dictator-y at the moment though. More than usual.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Oh, I remember. But neither of them actually took steps to deny the transitions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can still see him.......
trumpsmeg.jpg

tytlyf

Not Religious
Propaganda works. Especially scary propaganda designed to scare the crap out of the elderly.
From this last election I've learned people will ignore everything that has happened during the 4 years and only focus on political ads for voting decisions.
That's how our democracy has eroded.

Every negative thing Trump has done, RW media has given the base substantial doubt as to dismiss everything.

I also learned that I was wrong calling the election by 10+ million votes. I wasn't aware of this phenomena among the conservative base. In the future I won't forget this