• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some thoughts on RF political views

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember people lamenting how he "had to be" the dumbest and most useless person ever to win the office. Not only was that proven wrong but people longed for the days of #43 these past 4 years.

I also remember the criticisms from people to his reaction when told about the WTC attacks as he was reading to a class of schoolchildren. People said he had a blank look on his face, that he was so dumb he didn’t know what happened, that he was so out of touch he sat there and continued to read.

Hello? The man was horrified and probably in shock at what just took place, and was probably trying to comprehend such a horrific act, an act comparable to the attack on Pearl Harbor. So yeah, he should have snapped the book shut, jumped up, confusing and frightening the **** out of first graders, and bolted out the room. :rolleyes: I give him props for remaining calm, not letting panic take hold. In that moment he was a grandfather of sorts, later he became President, when it was time to do so. Not then and there. Gods, people will find anything to use as ammunition.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been thinking it over more, and I'm not really scared of seeing Trump as President another 4 years. I'm more scared of the tension between Dems and Repubs splitting the country apart.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What’s a state of the union address?

Every January the Constitution requires that the President give a speech to a joint session of Congress on the state or condition of the US. Of course it’s also televised. The irony is that in his first State of the Union, he got an overwhelmingly positive reaction with comments like “tonight he became the President”. “Hosanna!” on Sunday, “crucify him!” on Friday.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
The only way ever, that his worshipers will accept the election is to let him play out the ending to his greatest non reality show...let them recount, waste the courts time, and have every conspiracy theory debunked.

Otherwise, there will never be a chance at mending fences and going on further. It will just be Trump was robbed and so were we.

They'll never be satisfied, it's just a sad given some people simply ignore reality no matter how often their conspiracies and delusions are disproven.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
What’s a state of the union address?

It's an annual address by POTUS to Congress in which is gives his assessment of where the nation is (the state of things) and his legislative goals going forward, then the next year rinse & repeat.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It's an annual address by POTUS to Congress in which is gives his assessment of where the nation is (the state of things) and his legislative goals going forward, then the next year rinse & repeat.
So...like a victory speech?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
And of course, if he does wrest control of the army, kill all his opponents and seat himself as the Dictator of the US, I'll come back to aplogize.
I'm certain he has plans to wrest control of RF and make it part of his propaganda machine. No one is safe.:D

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
So...like a victory speech?

Not specifically, though if there is some achievement to crow about it would be part of the address. If it's a new president, it's like "here's what I'm inheriting from the last administration and my thoughts on what's good/bad/needs to be done." If he's been in office for a year or more it's his views on what's been achieved during his administration up to that point. Either one is followed by what plans are ahead, and what goals will hopefully be achieved.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Ya have not, ya poodle trim'n, doily fold'n, flower scold'n, tea sip'n,
cow tip'n, hat wear'n, music blare'n, leaf bite'n, fly smite'n, shoe
shine'n, out dine'n, lover of tiny French porcelain figurines!

That might hurt others less if you used a breath mint before speaking.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanx, but 1.2% is a great showing in this election.
A respectable bronze medal.
It is particularly when many of the races have come down to a decision based upon less than 1% of the vote volumes. They have margins around .5%. That means 1% of the total votes is significant.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is particularly when many of the races have come down to a decision based upon less than 1% of the vote volumes. They have margins around .5%. That means 1% of the total votes is significant.
We could very well be responsible for Trump's loss.
(I don't feel guilty.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I've been reading some of your posts on the election and Trump and seriously, a number of you sound like partial- to full blown conspiracy theorists. I'm actually surprised at some of the people making these comments and for the benefit of the doubt I'm chalking it up to media-inspired paranoia.

To be honest, the only one I've seen going along as much as some of you guys with this conspiracy talk was Trump himself on his Obama-birther campaign.

Don't take my word for it now, but at least if he leaves office and nothing outside some failed court cases end up happening, at least consider that this may be an issue you struggle with.

And of course, if he does wrest control of the army, kill all his opponents and seat himself as the Dictator of the US, I'll come back to aplogize.
I'm sorry, but I don't think you really understand what the damage Trump is doing is really all about. No, of course he can't stage a coup -- although it is possible he could try to order states with Republican governors or legislatures to send only electors to the electoral college who will vote against the wishes of those states' voters.

But what he is doing is trying to destroy the faith of Americans in the value and honesty of the "system." Destroy that, and you may find that the admonition "a republic -- if you can keep it" was prescient.

And the longer the incoming administration is kept ignorant of matters of urgent security, the more other nations who don't hold the US in high esteem are going to be able to work against your interests. On this one point alone, Trump WILL go down in history as the most dangerous President the nation has ever had.

Tambourine

If it's any comfort to you Americans, here in the real world outside America, we have already stopped caring about your stupid President and moved on to deal with our real problems.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I
And the longer the incoming administration is kept ignorant of matters of urgent security, the more other nations who don't hold the US in high esteem are going to be able to work against your interests. On this one point alone, Trump WILL go down in history as the most dangerous President the nation has ever had.
"Most dangerous" is a questionable judgment.
GW Bush started 2 devastating wars.
Eisenhower started the Vietnam War, & authorized the
Iranian coup that led to the current hostilities.
Kennedy expanded the Vietnam War, & nearly started
a nuclear war over Cuba.

You dislike Trump. But the danger cited is speculative.
Other Presidents have posed very real dangers, some
of which came to fruition.