• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

=Something Bad Jesus Did=

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Well you try to create something without intelligence see what you get. As I said God created with his word, life is supported by God's word, that is why men cannot create life.

Except...we can...

free spirit

[/size]

Where is it written in the Scriptures that Jesus used to handle, that he was the begotten son of God? You can't find because you are assuming. But if you really want to know who is God's begotten son without assumption, you can read Exodus 4:23, 24. "Israel is My son..."
If I remember correctly I told you once before that through his grace I am Israel, I know it is unbelievable but it is true; that is not new for also Jesus was rejected when he confessed to be the son of God, nothing has changed.
Isaiah says that the only way to become adopted sons and daughters of God is by following the instruction in Isaiah 56:1-8.
Yes we must be holy for he is holy, or there is no fellowship. again by his grace and character in me I fill the requirements.
And if you come from among the Gentiles, you can get a name better than sons and daughters.
Well thank you Ben for pointing it out to me; I new that, but I did not dare say that. A better name than sons and daughters of God, must be God, Jesus is the name that has been given among men, for at the name of Jesus every knee shall bowl in even on earth and under the earth. Yes I am in God through Christ Jesus my Lord.
And last but not least, I cannot confess Jesus as Lord because he himself declared that God is One and the Only Lord. (Mark 12:39) I would be contradicting his own words.
Yes but at that time he was a man like me, so I am in
God, but I cannot say I am God.

free spirit

If you refer to Jesus as your "Lord Jesus Christ," how can you adopt Jesus' words that God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth? If you are not a Trinitarian, describe Jesus in actuality. What is he for you?
Ben in a nutshell, In the beginning God. Then God spoke, so he manifested himself and gave birth to his word, which is his first creation, and with his word God created everything.
We read in John 1:1 to 5, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god. he was in the beginning with god. all things came into being by him, and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being. in him was life, and the life was the light of men. and the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Ben were would you be without your word; the word is you, you cannot separate from your word. without your word (or the ability to create ideas) yes you could be alive, but you would not be living.
AND
God's word became flesh, we read in verse 14, "and the word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth."
Why did he became flesh
It was necessary because no man could do all his will; or keep all his laws, for as you know the law of God describes his character. So his word in the form of man did that, so God in the flesh became our Lord and Saviour. You may get offended by this, but in actual fact Jesus is the exact representation of God's nature. and he went back were he was before he took flesh. Also
Jesus came to promote love among men, and created the first holy human character, by doing that he established peace between God and man. All the rest of ideas or beliefs are superfluous.
Again Ben the OT and the NT can be surmise in this phrase "you must be holy for I am holy" And I have found the impossible in Christ Jesus my Lord. So I can truly say that I can worship him in spirit and truth, or in the spirit of holiness, or in the character of holiness; that is in the spirit or character that Christ created, in other words the Holy Spirit.
Ben, the word is spirit, the character of a person is spirit, God is spirit. The trinity is a futile attempt to give a form to God, he is all and in all, how can we give a form to that.

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Today men can create intelligent life you say, so were is the evidence.
If that is true than we can live forever, and I must apologize to you.

We can create polypeptides very easily. In conditions thought to be of the early Earth. You saw exactly how in that video I linked to you earlier, even if it was over-simplified for the purpose of entertainment. I cite to you the work of Oro, 1961.

And if we can create life, that does not mean we can live forever. I don't know how you make that connection. It's impossible to live forever because the universe will end at some point and us with it. Plus in order to live forever, we would need constant resources, protection from violence, or other actions that jeopardize life, and immunity from disease (if we call "living forever" at least until the end of the universe).

And granted all those, we could extend our telomeres. This is being studied in order to offset aging. Everytime our DNA replicates, a section of non-coding DNA called the telomere shortens. When the end of the telomere is reached, the DNA no longer replicates. If DNA replicated beyond that point, it would lose information in its chromosomes.

Surprisingly, the answer to this is cancer. Cancer cells require the telomere shortening rate to slow down so it can divide and create more cells. If that same principle can be applied to human cells in a more controlled manner, we can probably have people living for a very, very long time.

Cancer cells do that through a natural enzyme called telomerase, which adds bases onto the ends of the telomere. It's not functional in most cells, but it is in cancer cells, stem cells, hair follicles, and other sorts of cells.

If there was a way to control telomerase. In essence, periodically turn it on and off, we can possibly live to a very old age.

free spirit

We can create polypeptides very easily. In conditions thought to be of the early Earth. You saw exactly how in that video I linked to you earlier, even if it was over-simplified for the purpose of entertainment. I cite to you the work of Oro, 1961.

And if we can create life, that does not mean we can live forever. I don't know how you make that connection. It's impossible to live forever because the universe will end at some point and us with it. Plus in order to live forever, we would need constant resources, protection from violence, or other actions that jeopardize life, and immunity from disease (if we call "living forever" at least until the end of the universe).

And granted all those, we could extend our telomeres. This is being studied in order to offset aging. Everytime our DNA replicates, a section of non-coding DNA called the telomere shortens. When the end of the telomere is reached, the DNA no longer replicates. If DNA replicated beyond that point, it would lose information in its chromosomes.

Surprisingly, the answer to this is cancer. Cancer cells require the telomere shortening rate to slow down so it can divide and create more cells. If that same principle can be applied to human cells in a more controlled manner, we can probably have people living for a very, very long time.

Cancer cells do that through a natural enzyme called telomerase, which adds bases onto the ends of the telomere. It's not functional in most cells, but it is in cancer cells, stem cells, hair follicles, and other sorts of cells.

If there was a way to control telomerase. In essence, periodically turn it on and off, we can possibly live to a very old age.
By a new intelligent life I meant, a life that can reproduce a separate independent entity.
And if we have the knowledge to start life, it is only logical that we can also prevent that life from dieing.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
By a new intelligent life I meant, a life that can reproduce a separate independent entity.
And if we have the knowledge to start life, it is only logical that we can also prevent that life from dieing.

Polypeptides can reproduce a separate, independent entity.

And no, that's not a logical conclusion. There is no connection from point A (we can create life that is intelligent as you define it) to point B (we can indefinitely prolong life).

And one can argue that modern science has been doing just that. Since the invention of modern science, life expectancy has tripled.

free spirit

Polypeptides can reproduce a separate, independent entity.

And no, that's not a logical conclusion. There is no connection from point A (we can create life that is intelligent as you define it) to point B (we can indefinitely prolong life).

And one can argue that modern science has been doing just that. Since the invention of modern science, life expectancy has tripled.

That is good news, so new life forms are replenishing or replacing these that are becoming extinct. if that is the case I apologize unreservedly. We have became gods.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
That is good news, so new life forms are replenishing or replacing these that are becoming extinct. if that is the case I apologize unreservedly. We have became gods.

Yes and no. "New life forms" develop through evolution. We do not devise and create life forms and place them on Earth. We can make polypeptides at this moment, which according to your definition of "intelligent life", it fits. It can reproduce by itself and the "offspring" will be independent.

And no. We have not become gods.

free spirit

Yes and no. "New life forms" develop through evolution. We do not devise and create life forms and place them on Earth. We can make polypeptides at this moment, which according to your definition of "intelligent life", it fits. It can reproduce by itself and the "offspring" will be independent.

And no. We have not become gods.

I have watched Julia Child make a primordial soup, and my honest opinion she would have made the real building blocks of life if she made a eatable vegetable soup. Sorry contentiusmaximus the theory cannot replace several real spiritual life experiences. But not worry time will truly tell who is correct.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I have watched Julia Child make a primordial soup, and my honest opinion she would have made the real building blocks of life if she made a eatable vegetable soup. Sorry contentiusmaximus the theory cannot replace several real spiritual life experiences. But not worry time will truly tell who is correct.

And the vegetables are made of polypeptides and other goodies.

And do you have any evidence for these "real spiritual life experiences"?

Ben Masada

[/size]

If I remember correctly I told you once before that through his grace I am Israel, I know it is unbelievable but it is true; that is not new for also Jesus was rejected when he confessed to be the son of God, nothing has changed.

Well thank you Ben for pointing it out to me; I new that, but I did not dare say that. A better name than sons and daughters of God, must be God, Jesus is the name that has been given among men, for at the name of Jesus every knee shall bowl in even on earth and under the earth. Yes I am in God through Christ Jesus my Lord.

Fundamentalism is the name. Sorry Free Spirit, but of free you have only the name. You are completely locked up. Sorry again,
but I am reminded of the faithful of Jim Jones. Poor souls! Almost a thousand of them could not see the sun at midday.

Ben Masada

Ben in a nutshell, In the beginning God. Then God spoke, so he manifested himself and gave birth to his word, which is his first creation, and with his word God created everything.
We read in John 1:1 to 5, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god. he was in the beginning with god. all things came into being by him, and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being. in him was life, and the life was the light of men. and the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Ben were would you be without your word; the word is you, you cannot separate from your word. without your word (or the ability to create ideas) yes you could be alive, but you would not be living.

Believe me FreeSpirit, so far you were taking me by storm. But you had to stick in Greek Mythology as if Judaiam is a pagan religion.

AND
God's word became flesh, we read in verse 14, "and the word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth."

Why? Who decided that God's Word became flesh, the Hellenistic Gentile who wrote the fourth gospel? Why should a real Jew fall for the word of a Gentile who falsely accuses the Jews with the death of Jesus?

Why did he became flesh
It was necessary because no man could do all his will; or keep all his laws, for as you know the law of God describes his character. So his word in the form of man did that, so God in the flesh became our Lord and Saviour. You may get offended by this, but in actual fact Jesus is the exact representation of God's nature. and he went back were he was before he took flesh.

Nevertheless, Jesus himself declared that God is absolutely One and the Only Lord.
Also

Jesus came to promote love among men, and created the first holy human character, by doing that he established peace between God and man. All the rest of ideas or beliefs are superfluous.

Nevertheless, the situation in the world among men has become worse since Jesus came and left.

Again Ben the OT and the NT can be surmise in this phrase "you must be holy for I am holy" And I have found the impossible in Christ Jesus my Lord. So I can truly say that I can worship him in spirit and truth, or in the spirit of holiness, or in the character of holiness; that is in the spirit or character that Christ created, in other words the Holy Spirit.

I wonder how you can see Monotheism in such a doctrine.

Ben, the word is spirit, the character of a person is spirit, God is spirit. The trinity is a futile attempt to give a form to God, he is all and in all, how can we give a form to that.

And it was this spirit that took flesh as a man? One really needs a lot of faith because there is no way to understand such an enigma. Christianity should keep this away from Judaism, which was the Faith of Jesus.

free spirit

And the vegetables are made of polypeptides and other goodies.

And do you have any evidence for these "real spiritual life experiences"?

No, at best if you knew me well before these experiences you could have notice a change in behavior in me.
I could tell you about them, but it would not mean anything to you.
At this time I have to wait if the Lord decide to reveal himself in me by way of supernatural works, only then you will see tangible evidences, on the other hand some unbelievers will not acknowledge those things. If it happens you will know about it, I can assure you.

Last edited:

free spirit

[/color][/size]

Believe me FreeSpirit, so far you were taking me by storm. But you had to stick in Greek Mythology as if Judaiam is a pagan religion.

No, but Judaism has become a religion of the flesh; the Jews that believed in the messiah have moved on.

Why? Who decided that God's Word became flesh, the Hellenistic Gentile who wrote the fourth gospel? Why should a real Jew fall for the word of a Gentile who falsely accuses the Jews with the death of Jesus?

No offense Ben but he was executed because of their insistence that he be executed, only if you acknowledge the problem you can hope to fix it.
God has first place in everything, could you imagine one of us doing what Jesus did, we would have failed, because we would have died with sin in our heart.

Nevertheless, Jesus himself declared that God is absolutely One and the Only Lord.
Yes and he was in God from the beginning.

Nevertheless, the situation in the world among men has become worse since Jesus came and left.
By reading the Jewish history you have nothing to boast about.

Well Ben, you are a father, a husband, a professional, but you are still one person. So God is, God and Saviour, father and son, husband and wife, therefore one in spirit. One God

And it was this spirit that took flesh as a man? One really needs a lot of faith because there is no way to understand such an enigma. Christianity should keep this away from Judaism, which was the Faith of Jesus.
Yes Ben God has chosen Faith to be our vehicle to him

free spirit

Fundamentalism is the name. Sorry Free Spirit, but of free you have only the name. You are completely locked up. Sorry again,
but I am reminded of the faithful of Jim Jones. Poor souls! Almost a thousand of them could not see the sun at midday.

Yes people are desperate to find security and to belong, like those poor souls even doday some trusted their millions to a Wall Street crook, and they lost their life savings. What made them trust these evil persons.
We should not trust our soul to an organization much less to a man, we should not be gullible, but we should seek to gain the measuring rod of holiness, with it in our hands we should not be deceived.

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
No, at best if you knew me well before these experiences you could have notice a change in behavior in me.
I could tell you about them, but it would not mean anything to you.
At this time I have to wait if the Lord decide to reveal himself in me by way of supernatural works, only then you will see tangible evidences, on the other hand some unbelievers will not acknowledge those things. If it happens you will know about it, I can assure you.

I'll cross my fingers.

AK4

Ben masada

Tell me ben, since your a "jew" and you should know right :rolleyes:, what does the hebrew word Elohim mean? How about Jehovah/Yahweh? How about Jesus? And try to figure out this enigma since you deny Jesus as being the Lord---

"And the Lord God [Jehovah/Elohim = Jesus] said [Jesus is the "Word" or "Spokesman" of God] Behold, the man is become as one of US, to KNOW good and evil?" (Gen. 3:22).

" Hear O Israel the Yehwah our Elohim is ONE Yehwah" (Deut. 6:14)

"The Yahweh your Elohim, He is Elohim, the faithful El which keeps covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments" (Deut. 7:9).

"For the Yehwah your Elohim is Elohim of Elohim and Adon Adon of Adon Adon a great El?"(Deut. 10:17)

And no, before you accuse me of something i dont believe in, in no way am i talking of some fabled trinity.

Ben Masada

[/color][/size]

No, but Judaism has become a religion of the flesh; the Jews that believed in the messiah have moved on.

Where to, the Olimpian Pantheon in Greece?

No offense Ben but he was executed because of their insistence that he be executed, only if you acknowledge the problem you can hope to fix it.

Jesus was executed on political charges. Remember what was written on that plate on the top of his cross? That's the reason.

God has first place in everything, could you imagine one of us doing what Jesus did, we would have failed, because we would have died with sin in our heart.

This statement does not make sense.

Yes and he was in God from the beginning.

Who told you so, the Gentiles who wrote the gospels? Figures.

By reading the Jewish history you have nothing to boast about.

And by reading the History of Christianity what can I boast of, Crusades, Inquisition and Pogroms?

Well Ben, you are a father, a husband, a professional, but you are still one person. So God is, God and Saviour, father and son, husband and wife, therefore one in spirit. One God

If you agree, like many other Christians, that Jesus exhibits the scars of the crucifixion in Heaven, there is body on the second person of the Trinity. Therefore, Polytheism.

Yes Ben God has chosen Faith to be our vehicle to him

Knowledge is the only vehicle to God. Because with knowledge comes unconditional love. Faith is too conditional.

Ben Masada

[/size]

Jesus never confessed to be son of God. He was Jewish, and he knew that there is no such a thing as Greek Mythology in Judaism.

A better name than sons and daughters is what Isaiah said is given to Gentiles when they convert to Judaism. It doesn't work to try to adulterate the Word of God written by His Prophets.

Well, Jesus said we are gods. (John 10:34) What do you say to this?