• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry for my silliness

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's getting pretty close to the weekend, so sorry for my increased amount of silliness tonight on RF. I don't drink, so unwinding close to the weekend, for me, involves acting silly in other ways.

There's also another thing I wanted to apologize for. I have contributed to the "Insult the poster" threads in the Games section in the past, which is threads where you kind of lightheartedly joke around about posters, sometimes depicting them as less-than-great in your jokes. One example of such a joke, was when I said that @Revoltingest sings show tunes in the Menard's hardware store, in one of the threads.

I kind of want to unfollow the threads. And I might possibly do it. I have contributed to them and don't have a problem with the content itself, but I just feel that I should be building people up at this stage in my life instead of tearing them down. I feel I'm past showing people that side of me that doubts and has anxiety and that is a bit afraid of people to an extent, as my real character and personality that I've worked hard on, starts to bloom and show its face. So I just wanted to let people know that despite joking pretty hard about some people, I quite like members like Revoltingest , @John53 , @lewisnotmiller , etc. and I appreciate them being here. And other than them.... You're all great, also.

May your days and nights be blessed, your cold drinks be cold, and your hot drinks remain hot.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's getting pretty close to the weekend, so sorry for my increased amount of silliness tonight on RF. I don't drink, so unwinding close to the weekend, for me, involves acting silly in other ways.

There's also another thing I wanted to apologize for. I have contributed to the "Insult the poster" threads in the Games section in the past, which is threads where you kind of lightheartedly joke around about posters, sometimes depicting them as less-than-great in your jokes. One example of such a joke, was when I said that @Revoltingest sings show tunes in the Menard's hardware store, in one of the threads.

I kind of want to unfollow the threads. And I might possibly do it. I have contributed to them and don't have a problem with the content itself, but I just feel that I should be building people up at this stage in my life instead of tearing them down. I feel I'm past showing people that side of me that doubts and has anxiety and that is a bit afraid of people to an extent, as my real character and personality that I've worked hard on, starts to bloom and show its face. So I just wanted to let people know that despite joking pretty hard about some people, I quite like members like Revoltingest , @John53 , @lewisnotmiller , etc. and I appreciate them being here. And other than them.... You're all great, also.

May your days and nights be blessed, your cold drinks be cold, and your hot drinks remain hot.

Making people smile and laugh is one of the qualities I look for in people so no apologies needed. However your taste in music is a problem...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like your silliness. :)

And not everyone 'bonds' the same way. I appreciate jokes at my expense, and throwing back and forth non-serious insults is a way that some people have fun together. I wouldn't think of it as 'tearing a person down', just good fun.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I like your silliness. :)

And not everyone 'bonds' the same way. I appreciate jokes at my expense, and throwing back and forth non-serious insults is a way that some people have fun together. I wouldn't think of it as 'tearing a person down', just good fun.

I do better with positive words, myself.

And since I do, it's not that I have to object to non-serious insults, it's just I should maybe show people the way I wish to be approached by being an example of it to others via my actions.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I kind of want to unfollow the threads. And I might possibly do it.

giphy.gif

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I do better with positive words, myself.

And since I do, it's not that I have to object to non-serious insults, it's just I should maybe show people the way I wish to be approached by being an example of it to others via my actions.

I never know what to do with compliments...

But I get what you're saying. Give what you want to get. It makes sense.

@John53 and I are Australian.

To not throw a few good-natured insults our way is to say you don't like us.

And I'm making @JustGeorge an honorary Aussie too. Just cos.

No doubt I'd have done better if I was born over there...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Do youns eat vegemite sandwiches?(I heard this on the radio today lol)

Yes, but not often. Sometimes have it on toast.

Personally I prefer peanut butter, but eating Vegemite is super common.
An ice cream shop my daughter wants to visit has Vegemite and White Chocolate ice cream...!