• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry for my silliness

Ella S.

Nietzsche once said that adulthood was about trying to regain the seriousness of a child at play.

Are you telling us you're going to shirk your very serious duty to silliness? Who is going to replace you? I can't do it. I'm too ridiculous to be taken seriously when I try to be silly.

In fairness, though, I can relate to feeling insecure about being too loose. There is a vulnerability to it, and it often leads to me acting in jest or in the spirit of good fun in a way that I'm later embarrassed of. Not because I made a fool out of myself, but because I let myself get carried away. While being more in control of myself is a little bit less fun in the moment, it does make me more comfortable with who I am and my behavior in the long-term.

I don't think such a dramatic "fun detox" is a right fit for everyone, but I also can't caution you against it without being a hypocrite. You should do what feels right to you. If you find your life becomes a little too dull without the silliness, don't be afraid to return to it. The world has enough colorless, humorless boring people like me.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In fairness, though, I can relate to feeling insecure about being too loose. There is a vulnerability to it, and it often leads to me acting in jest or in the spirit of good fun in a way that I'm later embarrassed of. Not because I made a fool out of myself, but because I let myself get carried away

I do the same.

Ella S.

I do the same.

Welcome to the colorless party, then:

75_1d3b825cd5d822ee4-1.jpg

Sometimes less is more.