• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

soul

mikmik

Ressurection after 3 days was a very common theme among many god beliefs prior to and after Christianity came on the scene. I don't think all belevers of these religions are waiting around for the "final " ressurection.

I won't argue with you about what other religions believe, that may very well be. But if a person wants to believe what the the scriptures are actually teaching, and they study, then they would see that the Bible teaches that man is a soul, and that death on this earth is a temporary death in which a living soul is basically sleeping, not a complete end to existence, and there they will wait until the resurrections, to life (including a change of our physical self,, not a shedding of it from a soul), or to death for those that remain unrepentant.

Pretty clearly stated in Job 14..
10 But man dies and is laid away; Indeed he breathes his last, And where is he?
11 As water disappears from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dries up,
12 So man lies down and does not rise. Till the heavens are no more, They will not awake, Nor be roused from their sleep.
13 “Oh, that You would hide me in the grave, That You would conceal me until Your wrath is past, That You would appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes.

mik