• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking of Alter-Egos....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What or who is your alter-ego? It need not be a famous cartoon character like superman, either. Who or what do you at times fancy yourself to be?

As for myself, I have sometimes fancied myself to be an artist. Then, I happen to look at my work, and reality hits like a sledge hammer. :D

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
This will probably sound silly, but: a half human, half demon god necromancer mystical martial artist (a la DBZ). He has a name, a back story, the works.

Titanic

What or who is your alter-ego? It need not be a famous cartoon character like superman, either. Who or what do you at times fancy yourself to be?

As for myself, I have sometimes fancied myself to be an artist. Then, I happen to look at my work, and reality hits like a sledge hammer. :D

I fancies myself to be a Movie Star one day. Not just a regular actor but a Famous Movie Star!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This will probably sound silly, but: a half human, half demon god necromancer mystical martial artist (a la DBZ). He has a name, a back story, the works.

That's awesome! If you're going to have an alter-ego, there's a lot to be said about going whole hog with it. Seems to have a sort of integrity.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I fancies myself to be a Movie Star one day. Not just a regular actor but a Famous Movie Star!

That reminds me of those psychologists who say that playfulness in mammals, including humans, is the precursor to doing it. So, for instance, if we play at being movie stars, we might thereby learn something about how to become a movie star.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Some kind of experiment and I end up turning out like dark angel or wolverine, along those lines.

This is neither here nor there, but wolverines fascinate me. I am especially thrilled, for some reason, by the way they will circle around and end up stalking people who are stalking them. That fact has dissuaded me from ever stalking one, although I thought I once had a chance of doing so on a trip I made to Canada once.

Titanic

That reminds me of those psychologists who say that playfulness in mammals, including humans, is the precursor to doing it. So, for instance, if we play at being movie stars, we might thereby learn something about how to become a movie star.

I hope so. I hope I make it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I do wonder.

My ex said Harley Quinn was her alter ego.

She called me freakazoid as a name of affection, but if that were my alter ego, who would be me? I am that crazy almost all the time :D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Perhaps the Human Torch. The one from the cover of the first Golden Age appearance, to be more specific. A creature that exudes cleansing flame from his skin in order to apply much-needed purification in itself and its environment.

It is a powerful image for me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I do wonder.

My ex said Harley Quinn was her alter ego.

She called me freakazoid as a name of affection, but if that were my alter ego, who would be me? I am that crazy almost all the time :D

In the end, isn't an alter-ego part of our ego? Just curious.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Perhaps the Human Torch. The one from the cover of the first Golden Age appearance, to be more specific. A creature that exudes cleansing flame from his skin in order to apply much-needed purification in itself and its environment.

It is a powerful image for me.

Somehow I would suspect that might be a powerful image for you. You seem me to have such a thirst for cutting through the BS and getting to the truth of matters.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Mine's a female sea otter who was gifted with the ability to turn temporarily human. She told bedtime stories to the kids when they were young.

Me Myself

Back to my username
In the end, isn't an alter-ego part of our ego? Just curious.

I guess it would depend on how you define it.

I ve never really felt I understood the usage of the term outside of "pride" or when on meditation subjects "the little voice that alksin your head" so I dont use the word.

I would think for an alter ego in the common sense of the usage it should be a "mask" that comes off and off, not some attribute/s that is almost always on.

Different enough from your usual self so people would be a tad surprised of "not knowing that side of you" sort to speak.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Somehow I would suspect that might be a powerful image for you. You seem me to have such a thirst for cutting through the BS and getting to the truth of matters.

Guilty as charged. Far too often I find myself surrounded by whole spheres of BS that poison the vital flow of things I care.

I suppose that makes such an image natural for me indeed.

Thanks for noticing! :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mine's a female sea otter who was gifted with the ability to turn temporarily human. She told bedtime stories to the kids when they were young.

That's so whimsical that I love it! You can imagine great children's books coming from that.