• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Speaking of Alter-Egos....

Huey09

He who struggles with God
As cliché as it may sound the incredible hulk would be my alter ego. When I was younger I had such a violent temper everything would just blur and coming back from it felt like I'd had lost control and frightened me. Over the years I sought help and counseling and the violent outbursts stopped but I always feel that it finds a way to surface, just in different approaches kinda like the Bruce Banner's multiple Hulk personalities

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When I was younger I had such a violent temper everything would just blur and coming back from it felt like I'd had lost control and frightened me.

We could have all but been brothers in that regard! I was prone to sudden angry outbursts through out my childhood, adolescence and young adulthood. I think yours were somewhat more intense than mine, however, because I only recall a few episodes of everything blurring. But like you, it was in the end only through counseling (and perhaps some meds) that they ceased.

I admire you for turning them into something positive by imagining yourself as the Hulk. That's a bit of psychological genius, methinks.

Huey09

We could have all but been brothers in that regard! I was prone to sudden angry outbursts through out my childhood, adolescence and young adulthood. I think yours were somewhat more intense than mine, however, because I only recall a few episodes of everything blurring. But like you, it was in the end only through counseling (and perhaps some meds) that they ceased.

I admire you for turning them into something positive by imagining yourself as the Hulk. That's a bit of psychological genius, methinks.

Thank you for the massive confidence boost!:D lol

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thank you for the massive confidence boost!:D lol

Well, you're welcome. You put me in mind of a friend of mine who had a very different problem but dealt with it in a way similar to how you managed your problem. She was physically abused by her father all the while she was growing up. So, you can imagine the problems that could have caused her. What she did about it might not at first make any sense, but it seems to have worked out well for her. In the first place, she forgave her father after deeply recognizing that he was a flawed individual who in some way couldn't help but do what he did. That by itself wasn't enough for her, though. She also dealt with it -- and dealt with it effectively -- by turning it into a sexual kink! That overcame her lingering fear of men that had been instilled in her by her father's abuse. I would guess the parallels between you and her are not perfect, but I think you both show something like great wisdom or genius in how you've handled things.

Huey09

Well, you're welcome. You put me in mind of a friend of mine who had a very different problem but dealt with it in a way similar to how you managed your problem. She was physically abused by her father all the while she was growing up. So, you can imagine the problems that could have caused her. What she did about it might not at first make any sense, but it seems to have worked out well for her. In the first place, she forgave her father after deeply recognizing that he was a flawed individual who in some way couldn't help but do what he did. That by itself wasn't enough for her, though. She also dealt with it -- and dealt with it effectively -- by turning it into a sexual kink! That overcame her lingering fear of men that had been instilled in her by her father's abuse. I would guess the parallels between you and her are not perfect, but I think you both show something like great wisdom or genius in how you've handled things.

Its like what a "sad clown" told me "If you can't keep the bad thoughts out, at least you can make fun of them while they're there."

In this me and your friend are completely alike(my father is a heavy contributor to my anger issues) I view my anger as something that had to be mastered and like the Hulk I use it in constructive ways like protecting a someone or channeling it to do things I once thought impossible. Before it was like a poison corrupting me...now its a nice little ace to be used in emergency or times of crisis marvel style :super:lol

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm a whip-wielding ninja who also carries with her an assortment of edge weapons who saves the world from the zombie apocalypse. Not only do I carry these weapons, but I also have the most awesomest kick-*** black leather outfit and high-heeled boots.

The boots IMO are the only totally unrealistic part of my alter-ego, given that heels would be a major liability in a zombie apocalypse. But everything else? I'm totally down for that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm a whip-wielding ninja who also carries with her an assortment of edge weapons who saves the world from the zombie apocalypse. Not only do I carry these weapons, but I also have the most awesomest kick-*** black leather outfit and high-heeled boots.

The boots IMO are the only totally unrealistic part of my alter-ego, given that heels would be a major liability in a zombie apocalypse. But everything else? I'm totally down for that.

It seems to me your alter-ego fits your remarkable personality to a "t". But I guess it just goes without saying that, if the boot fits, wear it. :D

Wherenextcolumbus

This is neither here nor there, but wolverines fascinate me. I am especially thrilled, for some reason, by the way they will circle around and end up stalking people who are stalking them. That fact has dissuaded me from ever stalking one, although I thought I once had a chance of doing so on a trip I made to Canada once.

I meant the superhero wolverine lol

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My alter ego is that of a human animal inhabiting a small, backwater planet, rounding a relatively insignificant sun.